Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. randombobby
    Started by randombobby,

    Can anyone give a brief summary of what happens when you don't pay a court fine? I've heard of people getting arrested for non-payment of fines over the radio but never dealth with personally. What fines do these include? Can you get arrested for non-payment of a FPN? Thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 13.3k views
  2. x024684427
    Started by x024684427,

    In a citizens arrest, it says that an Indictable offence needs to be commited. But what is one? How does this differ to other offences? I have no such plans to citizens arrest anyone! Just incase anyone wondering.

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 21.9k views
  3. strathclyde28
    Started by strathclyde28,

    In my area i seen two specials working together and one of them was driving does that mean if a car goes speeding past the specials can't go speeding after it with blue lights. I don't the see point having two specials in a car

  4. Shikari
    Started by Shikari +,

    Hi all, I was wondering what the legality of buying/taking popper is. My mates have begun taking it (I haven;t, let's make that very clear) and, having watched a programme about legal highs I think it's legal, however i'm not certain. Furthermore is the method of taking them legal? My mates sniff it out the bottle, whihc they say is illegal (???) but apparently it's legal to put it in a bowl and let it diffuse into the air over night...again, I don't know, but if you could shed some light on it i'd be very grateful. Shikari

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.7k views
  5. Roethern
    Started by Roethern,

    Is Throwing a Fire Extinguisher from a Roof Attempted Murder? The Chairman of the Police Federation has recently been quoted as saying that the (presumed) student who through a fire extinguisher down from the top of Conservative Party headquarters ought to be charged with attempted murder. I understand his anger, but I don't think that this is a correct understanding of the law. To be guilty of attempted murder one has to intend another's death. Unfortunately it's not very clear what "intend death" means in English law, but certainly it means something more than "foresaw the real possibility of death". If the jury find that the defendant foresaw death as a virtually …

      • Like
    • 61 replies
    • 6.5k views
  6. NWest
    Started by NWest,

    Dave gets a suspended sentence for an assault. When does the sentence get activated. Does it have to be a like for like offence (another assault) or does it have to be a certain offence (an indictable one), or can it be any offence (such as a s5 POA). I often see people in paper 'a week in Court', Dave 32, guilty of theft of sausage worth £30, breach of suspended sentence, sentence: suspended sentence made more onerous. Cant understand it, there must be more to it. After all theft is an indictable offence!

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
    kester1546080880
  7. rakeyshpatel
    Started by rakeyshpatel,

    Hi all, I don't know if I could openly discuss this here, but I do apologise in advance if I have misunderstood the rules. I may have had a history whilst working in my previous job about 4/5+ years ago. But was never arrested by police nor convicted (well, I don't know what exactly happened because I left the job, carried on with my study and now I am working in a multinational company on a very reputable post.) for anything. Can somebody please advise - A> In such case (where I was never arrested for any offence) would Police still have my details on records, had my employer filed a complaint? B> How long does it stay on database, and does it affect with any …

    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. NWest
    Started by NWest,

    Got the dreaded email yesterday, been shafted for xmas day and boxing day. Cant wait!

  9. Traffic Rat
    Started by Traffic Rat +,

    I've lifted this from a post on Police Oracle Forum but think the message is clear. T'WAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS, HE LIVED ALL ALONE, IN A ONE BEDROOM HOUSE, MADE OF PLASTER AND STONE. I HAD COME DOWN THE CHIMNEY, WITH PRESENTS TO GIVE,AND TO SEE JUST WHO, IN THIS HOME, DID LIVE. I LOOKED ALL ABOUT, A STRANGE SIGHT I DID SEE, NO TINSEL, NO PRESENTS, NOT EVEN A TREE. NO STOCKING BY MANTLE, JUST BOOTS FILLED WITH SAND, ON THE WALL HUNG PICTURES, OF FAR DISTANT LANDS. WITH MEDALS AND BADGES, AWARDS OF ALL KINDS, A SOBER THOUGHT, CAME THROUGH MY MIND. FOR THIS HOUSE WAS DIFFERENT, IT WAS DARK AND DREARY, I FOUND THE HOME OF A SOLDIER, ONCE I COULD SEE CLEARLY. …

    • 1 reply
    • 749 views
  10. DaveZ
    Started by DaveZ,

    Is there any established procedure for a victim of crime to request an apology from an alleged offender in exchange for the victim not reporting the crime? I was the victim of a crime (s21 Theft Act 1968). The police confirmed to me reliably and informally that the offence was committed but I chose not to report it for fear of publicity. I have been in correspondence with the offender's solicitor regarding a separate civil matter during which the alleged offence has been discussed. I want to ask the solicitor for an apology in person from the offender upon which I will give my word not to report the matter to the police. I don't want to prejudice the criminal case in cas…

  11. newuniform
    Started by newuniform,

    Can anyone explain the difference between Advanced Info given at the Mags Court and Primary Disclosure following a not guilty plea. This involves a Public Order S4A matter.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. Guest Drunk&Disorderly
    Started by Guest Drunk&Disorderly,

    I have noticed on several occasions that, of those involved in a fight or assault, whoever gets their statement to the police first is deemed the innocent one. For example, Mother and Son: having a heated arguement, both becoming aggressive, mum slaps son across the face (older women against young strong man, Pre-emptive self defence? Possibly.) Son then pushes mum down a couple of steps and breaks a couple of mums ribs, he gets his statement in first and mum is arrested for battery but released with a caution. Fair? Not really. Another: Girl attacked by group of girls recieved extensive injuries to face and after spending 4 days in hospital was taken to court for bat…

  13. Hawk99
    Started by Hawk99,

    Hey guys, long time reader first time topic starter! The mother has just asked a question which i'm not sure about and I can't find a definitive answer. If you get an MOT done before your old one runs out, but it fails, does your car then have no MOT ? Cheers. (disclaimer read)

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 2.8k views
  14. mm10
    Started by mm10 * ,

    When dealing with a 136 patient who police have conveyed to hospital - if on arrival the medical practitioners requests assistance in restraining the detained to assist in the administration of a sedative - would an officer be breaching the detain persons human rights in assisting, or are we covered by PACE???? My initial thought is that police can't assist in this ... but I can't find anything in writing to confirm. Any thoughts?????

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 681 views
    kester1546080880
  15. Edward C
    Started by Edward C,

    Just after some advice... I attended a job where a son had committed common assault against his mother and also damaged her property during the same incident (only £5 value). On attending, mother told me all about the above two offences but said she only wanted him removing from her address for the night. She refused to provide a statement or pursue the assault and damage but I submitted a crime as she had told me the crimes had occured. Son was arrested to prevent a further BOP and taken to custody. Should son have been interviewed re the assault and damage even though I had no A/P statement and, indeed, no A/P? I'm wondering how I can write the crime off!

    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.