Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. Guest GodAtum
    Started by Guest GodAtum,

    This is a great law, do we have anything similar in the UK? Move Over Act: http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Traffic_Safety/Move_Over_Act/

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.6k views
    Phoenix1546080861
  2. verne1546620695
    Started by verne1546620695 * ,

    During the 1970’s the company I worked for employed a newly demobbed Army driver. When needing to collect a broken-down customer’s vehicle with a tow rope at lunchtime, there was no other member of staff available with a driving licence to steer the towed car, this fellow suggested taking one of the apprentices; stating that a steersman only needs to be competent for the task and does not need to be a full driver… We all thought this was a bit daft – army blokes do have some funny ideas – so I called at Bingham Police station and asked the desk sergeant who spent around half-an-hour peering into a book about as big as a church bible before announcing that our a…

  3. BristolSam
    Started by BristolSam,

    Im sure this has been covered before but I can't find the thread anywhere? If someone gives you their credit card to use in a supermarket and you have to either sign for it, or enter a pin code, are you commiting any offence? Personally I think no as long as they have given you permission to use it, and by signing for it you are simply signing that you have authority to use the card. However my friends seem to disagree and think its fraud as you are misrepresenting who you are?

      • Like
    • 91 replies
    • 24.5k views
  4. Guest GodAtum
    Started by Guest GodAtum,

    If you need to appear in court but refuse a security search could you be held in contempt? An example in the US:

    • 6 replies
    • 807 views
  5. x024684427
    Started by x024684427,

    Hey guys, no crazy scenario's, don't worry. Can someone clarify to me the powers and legislation relating to ejection of people from either private / licenced premises, I would assume in assisting removing tresspassers? e.g. owner cannot eject them and calls for police assistance. Is it purely licenced premises or is it private properties? Is there a power involved to? (by which S.117 can relate) Operational Handbook 2011 hasn't arrived yet!

    • 8 replies
    • 2.3k views
  6. Pompeyfaith
    Started by Pompeyfaith,

    Seasons Greetings All, Their is one very serious issue regarding insurance that needs addressing for which I will be contacting my MP as I feel the law on the point below needs changing for the good of the innocent. Last wednesday evening the 09/12/2009 I was stopped in my car and had it impounded for no insurance as it did not show up on the insurance database it would appear that the police put to much trust in the computer systems and good honest judgement has gone out of the window as has innocent until proven guilty. Now as I sayI was stopped on the 09/12/2009 my car insurance ran out on at 23:59 hrs on the 08/12/2009 and another policy started at 00:01 hrs on the…

      • Like
    • 69 replies
    • 7.8k views
  7. fentiger48

    Question What law allows individuals employed by the RSPCA to use Police facilities - Custody suite, holding cells, interview rooms - and participate in interviews - and often effectively run the interview? This question has been raised with Police officers ranging from Constable to Chief Constable, Solicitors, Barristers and QC's - but none have been able to answer the question witha definitive law. Thoughts and comments please. Also, bear in mind that one Chief Constable, unable to answer the question satisfactorily, has withdrawn usage of Police facilities from the RSPCA. I know that the rabid bunny huggers on the site will be up in arms that I have the temerity t…

    • 20 replies
    • 6.2k views
  8. Major1546080777
    Started by Major1546080777,

    # Scottish Society Prevention Cruetly to Animals same as RSPCA, I think. Today I returned home to see a SSPCA van at my house. They talked to me about the care of my gundogs, which is a laugh. They wanted a wee quick look, in which I said no why should I. These people do they have any powers? I

    • 11 replies
    • 2.9k views
  9. CarlosJ
    Started by CarlosJ,

    Hi guys, My first topic so thought I would start off with a very basic question but one I have some confusion over. When searching a person I was under the impression that you could only remove their Jacket, Outer layer, Gloves. But under Code A, para 3.6 it states that when a search involves searching more than JOG and headgear and footwear you cannot be present if it is the opposite sex. So does this not imply that you have permission to search headgear and footwear regardless of the persons gender? But then additionally para 3.5 states you can't search someone's hair if you they are required to remove their headgear, which obviously contradicts 3.6 which implies you…

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 2.2k views
    Police Constable 1 +
  10. David UK
    Started by David UK,

    Hi Guys My brother was telling me about one of his mate's uncle's who is thinking about getting a leopard as a pet. My question is what laws would he have to adhere to and would the police have to check on him aswell as the SSPCA/RSPCA? thanks. :smile: David

    • 9 replies
    • 1.6k views
  11. ml11
    Started by ml11 * ,

    Hello, I suspect a neighbour is taking my post and I found a letter open the other day. What can I do if I have that suspicion? Should I call the police? What could the police do? Thank you.

  12. Infected
    Started by Infected,

    I was out and about today and I seen a motorbike (old "street fighter" style suzuki 750) It had a windscreen (if that's what you call them on a bike) and the whole windscreen was covered/obscured by a handwritten "FOR SALE" sign. [looked possibly like he had fitted the screen just to attach the sign, as it didn't look right on the bike] And it had me thinking is it an offence to block the screen on a bike? Obviously you don't have to have one fitted but i believe ther are a lot of things in the motor world that whilst they are not mandatory, they must work/operate correctly if fitted. Another thought that crossed my mind was that the sign didn't look very secure …

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. Aimon
    Started by Aimon * ,

    Hello everyone, My daughter, during a three year relationship with her boyfriend, loaned him some money, a sum of less than £500. She has no proof of this (although he does not deny it) and we cannot see that pursuing it through a solicitor is actually going to get anywhere. However, my daughter has sent and received several texts trying to get the money back (even offering to accept it in instalments) but he refuses. He now says that he will pursue an harassment order! So, my question is how far can we go in requesting this money (there has been no nastiness, barring a few catty remarks) and only verbal/text contact but I do want to pursue this so long as we stay w…

    • 12 replies
    • 11.3k views
  14. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    OK, so my radar has picked up this story which irks me; Link The fox allegedly killed the moggy so the vet trapped and killed the 'biggest fox in Britain' (he also killed a smaller one too for good measure) So as per his video he has strung the now dead biggest fox in Britain and proceeds to measure the animal to prove how good a hunter he is. Did he do it legally though, he set a trap with food. More to the point - did he set a food trap laced with poison? The article doesn't state the method of despatch.

      • Like
    • 37 replies
    • 4.4k views
    Administrative Account
  15. medtech
    Started by medtech,

    If to use a mobile phone(including holding it ) when driving is illegal why are the police breaking the law every day. As i believe the exemption is for a device that is not capable of being be used to make a telephone call(i.e. two way radio system). the new tetra systems can dial a telephone number directly and the call is billed as a telephone call. if someone could shed some light on this as does it apply to other emergency services or just the police?

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 3.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.