England & Wales
4557 topics in this forum
-
Hello, I was wondering if you could help me, I was with my partner for over a year and a half but we split in December 2009 and he had me warned under the harrassment act. He then asked me to get back together so we did and in this time had a holiday which I paid for as he was going to give me the money when we got back but at the end of the holiday he ran and left me and I havnt had the £539 he owes. we have had several conversations on the phone and he then said he would give me some money only what he could afford but I had to meet him at his shop he has done this on a few occasions and when I went he called the police but I had already left when they got there cos I…
-
is it illegal to use a mobile phone as a sat-nav as I was told interacting with your mobile whilst driving is an offence no matter what the intercation is.
-
Currently on BBC Three there is a programme about the usage of weed and how it works. It shows people openly smoking the drug or baking it in to cookies and cakes. Could this be used to convict them of an offence or would it have to be proven that it was actually weed and not another generic herb?
-
When ryanair refuses to honor my A4 boarding card, and tell me its going to cost me £40 to get a new boarding card, is it fraud by deception Have read so many complaints about ryanair, and seeing I will have to use them to get to the resort in Italy, I wish to find out, what the law is on what they have done, and the following is based on other passengers experiences So basicly turn up at check-in, put my bags in and so far no problems, now my flight gets called, so I head for the boarding gate, I have followed there instructions online and have printed out my boarding card on A4 paper, and make sure I have a few copies So at the boarding gate, the ryanair staff, tel…
-
If a person was to be seen driving by Police with no insurance, with a provisional licence, or both; They are observed driving on public roads, but they pull into their own, or a friend's premises, which is off road, and gated etc. Can they, and will they, still make an attempt to seize the vehicle?
-
"Basically it's threatening people and bullying them for a ridiculous amount of money. If they had a case to fight why haven't they taken me to court?" RLP works for a number of major High Street chains, pursuing so-called civil recovery claims against those accused of theft from shops. Such claims are often pursued without the involvement of the police or criminal courts. Citizens Advice estimates that about 600,000 civil recovery letters have been sent out over the last decade. The introduction of civil recovery was not based on any new law. Instead, companies such as RLP have made use of existing civil law. Its dramatic growth has so far received little public atte…
-
I was watching an old episode of railcops the other day on sky (from 2003 i think) there was a drunken male on one of the platforms who was eventually arrested for being "intoxicated on the railway" do all constables have the power to arrest under byelaws? or is it only BTP constables?
-
In completing a case file summary - Which do you feel would be the most relevant section/offence to include within the MG5, (I.P sustained - Black eye, swollen cheek and cut to top lip) S.39 (C.J.A 1988) Common Assualt/Battery S.47 (Offences Against the Person Act 1861) Assault Occasioning A.B.H (I'm thinking more towards s.39 C.J.A) Any input appreiciated, thanks to all in advance.
-
I am currently studying Law and each and every day I am discovering more and more information that is not even taught to us or should I say hidden from us. The Law of the Land = Common Law (no harm, loss, damage or mischief in contracts) Statutes/Acts = Legislative rule of society given the force of law by CONSENT of the governed (Blacks Law Dictionary), so does this mean for example, I get pulled for not wearing a seat belt I can refuse to sign any paper work (contract with an officer), as I do not consent to Statutes being used against me? Any thoughts on the above please?
-
-
- 14 replies
- 17.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
John wants to kill mark. He waits for mark with a baseball bat and beats him so severely that he believes he has killed him. He buries mark to hide the body. The body is found and it turns out that mark was still alive when he was buried. He died of suffocation due to being buried. The question is DID john murder mark?? Replies and reasons please! Tony A - lets see how deep your knowledge runs! Ps i dont think he did murder him, but dont know why!!
-
My understanding is that DNA mouth swabs can only be taken for Recordable Offences ( section 63A PACE). Recordable Offences are imprisonable offences plus the offences specified in The National Police Records (Recordable Offences) Regulations 2000 and the Amendment Regulations 2003, 2005 and 2007, So far as I am aware no new offences have been added since the 2007 Amendment Regulations. Does that really mean that DNA can't be taken for any non-imprisonable offences introduced since 2007? Kerb-crawling is a non-imprisonable offence, but included within the Regs However, the new section 53A Sexual Offences Act 2003 (paying for the services of a prostitute subject to …
-
Hey all Got something ongoing where a tax disk on the passanger side of car has expired. so i put a £ 60 ticket on. Now they wrote in with a picture of an up to days tax disk on the drivers side. Is it an offence to display it in the worng area? this is whats on the direct.gov web site "Your vehicle tax disc must be displayed on the passenger side (kerb side) of the vehicle’s windscreen. If there’s no windscreen or you have a motorcycle or sidecar, you should display the tax disc on the kerb side of the vehicle." Any help appreciated!!!!
-
hi there, last night over a game of poker my friend said to me how the police is a business made to get money for the government and that there are people who don't follow the rules and are outside society and are freemen on the land. he also went on to say there is a difference between a statute and an act (even though they are different words for the same meaning and i gave up arguing after a while because its difficult arguing with an idiot lol)... he also reckons that acts of parliament have to be consented to to work and people don't have to follow them and also a summons to court is only an invitation and not mandatory... i would like to hear your feedback on this…
-
Hi all, I remember reading somewhere that not all employess of certain security companies need be SIA licenced if the company has a specific status with the SIA. I cannot for the life of me find where i remember seeing this and i have interrogated the SIA website to no avail. Does anyone in the job know of any specific regulation under the security licensing acts that allows for this to occurr? *if you could point me in the right direction that would be great* Also with the new of the SIA possibley being dispanded and privatised what would it mean in terms of this legislation? Regards all
-
I just seen a person driving a car that the seat was reclined soo far back there was no way that he could see what was in front of him properly. Was just wondering if there was a law regarding this? Also if it legal for a passenger to travel whilst their seat is reclined horizontal? Cheers Keiron