Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. SC Ben1546081185
    Started by SC Ben1546081185,

    I'm a bit confused on where we get the powers to search. I know what we can search for under Sec 1 PACE and what we can search under that but say we arrest someone for burglary, what power to search do we have then? If that makes sense.

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. jeddy
    Started by jeddy,

    Quick question Im going to patrol the local schools where parking on the yellow zig zags outside the school seems to have become common place. Now i only have been issued £60 endorsable and non endorsable tickets and doing my research the offence for parking on these yellow zig zags is unnecessary obstruction ? which is £30 fixed penalty notice is this correct or would obstruction(waiting) + parking offence- vehicle left causing danger to other road users apply ?(enfpn) even though the parking causes danger to the pedestrians and not other road users ? I see that fail to comply with direction of pc/tw on duty could be applied if they refuse to move after being warned…

    • 8 replies
    • 2.3k views
  3. cptcuddles1546620516
    Started by cptcuddles1546620516,

    I currently work as a council CEO and had an odd incident occur whilst at work today. I was approached by a man today whilst out at work who proceeded to follow me up the road and constantly take close up photos of me despite me asking him to stop. I did call the local police who advised there was nothing they could do as nothing illegal was taking place and human rights,civil liberties etc are civil not criminal matters. Just curious as there must be something illegal here, being followed and photographed from just inches away, the guy involved kept pointing out he is permitted to photograph in public places. The person involved is well known as a anti parking campaign…

    cptcuddles1546620516
  4. fraserlockey
    Started by fraserlockey,

    First of all, while I am only a very occasional cyclist, I have nothing against the human powered users of the roads unless they do something stupid/dangerous. But...what is the craze with blindingly bright flashing lights on cyclist’s helmets and/or front of bike? Yes they 'illuminate' you brilliantly, but at the cost of sometimes blinding oncoming road users. Can anyone shed some light (poor pun intended) as to if there as specific guidance on the lights on bikes? I'm aware that differences in how parts of the RTA are worded (mechanically propelled etc.) mean that pedal cycles are not covered by everything. Was on duty two nights ago and had to pull over due to the…

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.8k views
    Smiley Culture +
  5. Bravo
    Started by Bravo,

    Imitation Firearms are not allowed, but what about imitation tasers?

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 2.8k views
    morale_outbreak
  6. TCambs
    Started by TCambs,

    Hi all, Quite a staightforward one but I was just wondering what standard practice is when you have someone who isn't suitable for bail (no fixed abode, foreign national with no links to UK etc) but further enquiries are needed? For example someone is arrested for assault, claims self defence and you need to wait for CCTV to see what really happened.

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 905 views
  7. ManKind
    Started by ManKind,

    Hi all, I need some help please - the heartache of everything is killing me and I'm not sure how much more I can cope with. I'm a house dad to three loverly children of school age - and love the role. Unfortunately my wife is facing redundancy, has run up £50K in credit card debt in her own name (without telling me) and going through her life change. I am as supportive to her as possible but her mood swings and agression/depression are all having a terrible toll on my and our family. I understand this and will be there for her - or so I thought. A few weeks ago we had a row, over having no money and bills unpaid everywhere. She blamed me for not having a job - as s…

  8. NWest
    Started by NWest,

    Was just wondering if we have to give work/supervision a contact number and make ourselves contactable. I dont answer withheld numbers (for obvious reasons) or numbers with a pre-fix the same as where i work, or from the Sgt when im not at work. For the simple reason its generally never good news. Im not interested in any overtime and have my days off planned so dont want them messed up. Im thinking of changing phone and number and was wondering if i could refuse to give new number. I suppose i could just state that i dont have a contact number!

  9. 777
    Started by 777,

    I am being tutored at the moment and will be doing traffic for a few days (FPNS,VDRS etc) and just have a few questions that I would like to try and work out before then and asking him. - What can be issued for out of date tax? - What can be issued for driving with unconforming plates? (eg screws put in certain places, wrong font, german style plates) - Going through a left turn for taxi and busses only turning?

    • 9 replies
    • 1.7k views
  10. Airflow

    What power, section or whatever does the road traffic act give for a constable to check the safety of a vehicle in terms of its road worthiness. For example, the vehicle is stopped, the officer wants to enter the vehicle to check the seat belts, exterior lights work, open the bonnet to check the washer bottle, battery etc etc. (does a power even exist or is it something specifically reserved for specilist vehicle examiners?) To what extent if a power exists, does the PC have to execute it, is it a voluntary thing for the driver to allow the pc to check or can the pc go ahead and do it regardless. In relation to the spare tyre, can a vehicle, that is equipped with a spare…

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 5.2k views
  11. Black Rabbit
    Started by Black Rabbit,

    A quick question. If a member of the public captures on film, another person committing an offence, and then posts a clip of the offence taking place, on a website such a youtube for instance, without the offenders permission, has the ‘poster’ of the clip fallen foul of the law by doing so?

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. diving_moose
    Started by diving_moose,

    Hi, I have just had surgery on my right hand and had the tendons screwed back in place, it was an injury on duty. The hand is in pot for 6 weeks and i dont live in my force area, i have a 1hr drive each way to work which with a pot is not ideal. I am wondering do you think i could arrange to do light duties on the front desk at my local nick which is a different force area. Has anyone done this before, just thought it enables me to get off sick and the end of the day it would be only light duties at my nick anyway. Thanks

  13. diesel13
    Started by diesel13,

    Hello, I have never had any trouble with the police but a few months ago, me and my partner of the same sex had a stupid argument whitch got heated between us in our flat, and then he called the police. When they arrived, they asked us a few questions and checked our identities. Then one of the police officers talked to him, and the other one told me to leave the flat for the night and come back the next day when we are both calm. I did not sign anything, there was no allegation, charges or anything, I never received any letter, I just left the flat for the night and came back in the morning. I guess there is a record in the local police force or PNC. I am not sure, bu…

    • 20 replies
    • 14.6k views
  14. bensonby
    Started by bensonby +,

    Much like the old: "ring this number for sex" written on the toilet cubicle door.....what offence is committed if someone were to out a fake classified/advert with someone else's name/number on it? perhaps offering sexual services etc.... with the intent to annoy/distress the target? I was thinking along Mal Comms (1988) lines.... but it requires the information to be "sent" - I'm not sure if giving the info for publication would fulfill this requirements. Thoughts?

    • 14 replies
    • 1.3k views
  15. adiportsmouth
    Started by adiportsmouth,

    While driving between lessons, , saw a lady driving erratically, turned out she was driving with a reasonable (pitbull sized) dog on her lap!!!!!!! As it was, there was a traffic car behind me, so i jumped out and told them. they followed the car, but i lost them before they pulled it. I'm guessing its driving without due care? The other one was a pupil, who thought nothing about turning up for driving lessons, both drunk and or stoned. He made no effort to hide his feelings that drink/drug drive laws were "dumb" and that as soon as he passes, he would continue to drive under the influence. Clearly i stopped giving him lessons, but it was immensly frustrating to find…

    • 3 replies
    • 705 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.