Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. cptcuddles1546620516
    Started by cptcuddles1546620516,

    I currently work as a council CEO and had an odd incident occur whilst at work today. I was approached by a man today whilst out at work who proceeded to follow me up the road and constantly take close up photos of me despite me asking him to stop. I did call the local police who advised there was nothing they could do as nothing illegal was taking place and human rights,civil liberties etc are civil not criminal matters. Just curious as there must be something illegal here, being followed and photographed from just inches away, the guy involved kept pointing out he is permitted to photograph in public places. The person involved is well known as a anti parking campaign…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.8k views
  2. LouSmiler
    Started by LouSmiler,

    Hiya guys I am trying to find out some info for my brother. Ok, here is the situation He went to court this week for a minor driving offence. He was given 3 points and a £200 fine. Now he already has 3 points on his licence back in April and he has been driving 2 years in December. He now has 6 points. The court never said to him anything about not being able to drive, nothing about the DVLA revoking his licence. They did say however that his licence would get sent back to his home address after the points have been put on there. Now, is my brother expected to re-take his test? Why would they send his pink card back if it's going to be revoked? We don't understan…

  3. Captain Vault
    Started by Captain Vault,

    Hi! Out of interest would a court case initiated by a council (not CPS), that was then subsequently withdrawn after the first hearing by the council, appear on the PNC under someone's file - i.e. a log of an investigation that made it to Court to start with?

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 2.6k views
  4. Mark.1546620627
    Started by Mark.1546620627,

    Ok, Since I have been on this forum I have found the Abbreviation MOP or MoP being used, and I can not seem to find what it means, I have tried the Acronyms section on the forum with no luck! So thats the First Question. Second, I am Now putting in My Course Choices for Sixth Year at High School, and wondering what the best subjects are to take, to help me with the Police. I was Thinking "Maths, English, Administration and Geography". But if you recommend any others please do tell me! Third and last question, In English I am Doing a Discursive essay on Police Brutality. I was wondering if you could give me some tips On; How the Government and High Ranked Police Offici…

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 2.1k views
  5. Captain Vault
    Started by Captain Vault,

    Okay! Is it true - or just pure myth - that it is legal to urinate against the front near-side wheel of your car (or is it the off-side?) if it is absolutely necessary to do so, and if the car is stopped and parked in a safe manner? Also - can pregnant woman really urinate into a policeman's helmet if she is caught short? Or is that myth too? I still love the fact that it is still illegal for a London cabby (Hackney Carriage) to drive without a bail of hay! Try issuing a FPN for that without getting a mouthful back!

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 12.6k views
    Captain Vault
  6. spglos
    Started by spglos,

    Example: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Landrover-Defender-90-Soft-top-300tdi-Tax-exempt-1958-/320656780625?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4aa8a22d51 So above is shown as a 1958 Land Rover 90. A) They didnt make a 90 back then, and, B) The body panels, interiour, chassis, wheels and engine/electrics are all from a much later vehicle. Surely its a no brainer that someone has slapped new vins on this vehicle as that seems logically the only bit of the vehicle which might possibly be 1958!! I'm a member also of a Land Rover forum and we are always spotting these suspicious vehicles (http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/f43/ ) but try and give ebay or local police a heads up is like pull…

    • 21 replies
    • 4.3k views
  7. DKStaffs
    Started by DKStaffs,

    Hi Just watched something on TV and a driver was prosecuted for using his cab phone (he had an accident whilst using it) Very simply, is it illegal to talk on a properly fitted a hands free kit whilst driving? Reason = I have a hands free kit in my car and answer calls quite often, am I breakeing the law? Dale

    • 6 replies
    • 755 views
    PC MacTablet +
  8. AmeurDot
    Started by AmeurDot,

    Hi I have a Friend who died and they had formspring (website were you can ask people anonymous questions) they got a load of stick on it (e.g sexual relatied quiestions and that ! But know, a friend of the dead person want to get the police involved to see who has been asking all the quuestion. Can police do anything about it ? P.S sorry about bad spelling

    • 1 reply
    • 559 views
  9. melee
    Started by melee * ,

    Hi guys and girls, I am a South African Citizen Living in the UK for a few Years, What information will I need to get a shotgun certificate? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I do have a South African certificate which is still valid.

    grumpy1546620061
  10. marralass
    Started by marralass,

    I was wondering what steps can be taken to confiscate firearms from people who are licenced to have them if it is felt that they are no longer safe. Here's two basic scenarios - The evening before Derek Bird killed 12 people and injured 11 others, he had a blazing row with his colleagues. He said "there'll be a rampage tomorrow" . His colleagues never took this seriously, but what if they had? If they had reported it to the police, knowing that he had guns, would the police have been able to pay him a visit and confiscate the weapons pending a review? Would it need more of a direct threat? A man has an argument with his neighbour, threats are made "I'm going to F***ing…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
    grumpy1546620061
  11. Shikari
    Started by Shikari +,

    Hi all, I know some lads who hang around in our area of the (we'll say) school yard, with a few friends of mine. They've turned up to school stoned on seerl occasions, and carry Cannabis Grinders with them to school. They've shown me the ginders (and I had a sniff, to see what it smells like- grassy, right? I had a cold...) I was curious as to what I could do about their behaviour? As far as I can tell all I can do is tell a member of staff, really. Also, is possession of a grinder etc. illegal, or is only when drugs are found in them, or something else? Thanks, Shikari

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 944 views
  12. Edward1991
    Started by Edward1991,

    It seems to me that tresspass is a grey area, any one got any light to shine on this area? If a person refuses to leave a premisis or land, does that consitute an arrestable offence of 'tresspass' or is 'tresspass' a civil matter generally? I acknowledge that if your in this position you would probebly have another reason to arrest but im curious about this bit of legislation.

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 3.3k views
    Captain Vault
  13. TommyBaz1546081266
    Started by TommyBaz1546081266,

    After watching "Scenes from a teenage killing" on BBC3 (Should be on iPlayer now, really interesting) I saw an officer protecting the scene of a stabbing. The whole of what appeared to be the high street was closed, and numerous members of the public seemed outraged that the street was cordoned off. One man however got me thinking about what he said to the officer. He was being extremely rude to the officer, saying he had a job to do etc. The officer reiterated that the street was closed and not open for access. The man then said "If I step under here and you try and stop me you will be committing the offence of assault". Obviously what the man said was ridiculous, but …

    • 8 replies
    • 5k views
  14. Tom Sawyer
    Started by Tom Sawyer,

    Well, was minding my own business this afternoon on my rest day on the way to Blockbusters.Walking past a well known pharmacy to see a gentleman helping himself to many face creams placing them in his bag and leaves without paying. So dressed in my best conservatory cleaning attire I confronts and detains him warrant card at home.More in prayer than as an instruction I shouted at him 'DO NOT KICK OFF' and walks him back through the shop.The manager took some convincing I was for real. Local cops attended and took it from there. Six years as a desk jockey but I have still got it! Not a word of thanks from the shop though!

  15. jj061546620332
    Started by jj061546620332,

    Hi We went to a call this week where a mother had called stating that a male had been taking photos of her and other children in the playground area of the park. We attended and spoke to the male. He willingly showed us his phone and there were no images. Im just out of my probation and my colleague was the area car driver, its bad but neither of us knew what offence he would of committed if he did have images on his phone. Could someone please advise what, if any legislation covers this? Am I right in thinking if he refused to show us his phone, you could arrest him on suspicion of the offence and seize his phone under s.19 pace? Many thanks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.