Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. shanemckay
    Started by shanemckay,

    Hi all, I live in Northern Ireland but I will try to generalise this. Do any uk police forces have compulsaory disabilty and medical condions traing? The reason I ask, without mentioning names locations etc. I have a rare medical condition. Two males saw me stagger from my car, immedialty phoned police as dd. when the police arrived there was 3 poice and the two males who phoned surrounding the car of a man who actually has a medical condion Becasue police on scene have zero training in spotting the basi difference between a dd and a medical condionn, the police went all there usual process. All came goood and the left the scene. Sam

  2. rosco
    Started by rosco +,

    Was just curious what offence(s) a driver might be commiting if they were driving a vehicle while wearing headphones? (Seen it a few times, where drivers are waering iPOd type ear-plug phones, and just today saw a driver with full cover-the-ear headphones on.)

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 11.5k views
  3. Alan Partridge
    Started by Alan Partridge +,

    Hi all This is probably a question with a simple answer but what powers do we as Police have to deal with motorists who park their vehicles (attended or unattended) inside the yellow lines of a bus stop? It is my understanding that we cannot issue tickets to motorists who park on double / single yellow lines unless it is causing an obstruction to a highway and have a feeling that this may apply to this situation but I'm really not sure Thanks in advance Alan

    • 14 replies
    • 5.3k views
    obsidian_eclipse +
  4. Stumblebum
    Started by Stumblebum,

    As it does not appear to have been mentioned anywhere else here, I wondered whether everyone is aware of the ammendments to codes A,B & D of PACE that came into effect on 07/03/11? Mostly the changes relate to subsatntially increased police powers to take fingerprints and samples from persons suspected of having committed offences, whether in custody or not. Changes to code A relate to provide extra guidance regarding the exercise of stop search powers under S60 CJPOA 1994 and S44. There are also changes regarding the recording of a stop search following street encounters. Changes to code B reinforce appropriate power of entry and search under S18 and clarify power…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.5k views
  5. Mdon
    Started by Mdon +,

    Hi guys and girls, My (regular) SGT told me of a stated case where a person was tried and convicted of assaulting a constable in the execution of their duty by removing the head dress of the constable. I have heard this elsewhere by other people but I can't seem to find it. haven't tried PNLD yet as I can't get to the station. Does any one know if it is and which case it is? as when I told a tutor this they laughed at me! Cheers.

    • 2 replies
    • 788 views
  6. rmasters74
    Started by rmasters74,

    I've just finished my training and had my first arrest last night. I interviewed the suspect who said the victim is lying and an potential witness assualted her. How do I proceed? Do I tell the victim and witness what the suspect has said and then take statements? Its a little tricky for my first job!

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.4k views
  7. Loveable_Rogue
    Started by Loveable_Rogue,

    I don't understand the difference between assault, common assault and battery Assault is intentional or reckless behaviour causing another to apprehend immediate or unlawful violence. No contact has been made Battery is as above but the intentional or reckless behaviour is applied. Contact has been made So if assault is no contact and battery requires contact... S.39 of Criminal Justice Act - 'Common assault and Battery shall be summary offences' All well and good. however, if assault is defined by lack of contact, why is it that common assault and battery are followed by example injuries that make up the offences, e.g. grazes, minor bruising, swellings etc.??? Is i…

    • 12 replies
    • 2.8k views
  8. rower
    Started by rower,

    I did find a similar topic using search, but was wondering if there is any further update to the law regarding using LED bulbs instead of the standard filament ones, or is it still a case of E marking is legal? I only ask as I've had a wiring problem with my bike, and when testing it on my farm, the filament bulb just barely glows, but if I fit an LED bulb it shows up brilliantly, so trying to get it through MoT before trying to look at the wiring.

    • 4 replies
    • 929 views
  9. ds1989
    Started by ds1989,

    Hi, Quick question, as we know parking on the hard shoulder on is only to used if you have broken down but I remember watching a police programme (think it was Traffic cops)there were 2 elderly people who stopped on the hard shoulder because the driver was tired and was issued a £30 FPN, However I was driving home one evening after a long day at work and I felt myself starting to fall asleep and really considered pulling over on the hard shoulder but thankfully there was a service station which I pulled in to (I would like to state here that I didn't feel tired when I left my work) but what if you feel that whilst you are driving you feel that it was starting to get …

    • 12 replies
    • 3.9k views
  10. IrateShrike
    Started by IrateShrike +,

    Just a quick thought - I think perhaps I ought to know this but you can buy dihydrocodeine over the counter from pharmacies as long as it is mixed with paracetamol and does not exceed 7.5mg per 500mg paracetamol. I know that dihydrocodeine is a Class B controlled drug, so what is the exemption? Edit - I think it may be Misuse of Drugs Regulation 2001 schedule 5 but if anyone knows for sure please let me know thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 4.2k views
  11. Fedster
    Started by Fedster,

    I just dont get it, how can it be legal for someone to move into your house just because the window was left open,it throughly defies logic for a property owner to have to go to court to reclaim his property from squatters!!! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1361061/Father-John-Hamilton-Brown-begs-squatters-letterbox.html Why was squatting made legal? Is British law really such an ass!!!

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 5.7k views
    dockgreen1546620708 *
  12. subseekwent
    Started by subseekwent * ,

    I have been trying to clear up the issue of legality in recording conversation between an officer carrying out his duty and civilians. Essentially, the fundamental issue concerning the legality of recording any conversation between two parties falls between consent and the use of such recording (exposure to a third party etc.) Does the same apply to recording of conversation between a civilian and an officer? Are there any powers in place to prevent an officer being recorded if he/she doesn't consent? What rights does a civilian wanting to record conversation between themselves and an officer have? Thanks in advance for your thoughts, O

    • 76 replies
    • 38.9k views
  13. Shikari
    Started by Shikari +,

    Hey all, To cut a long stoy short, my girlfriend is being bullied and harassed on Facebook etc. This bullying has spread to her friends and myself also getting abused. We're print screening everything, but I want to take it to the police, rather than the bully's employers as my friends want to do. Standard disclaimer and all that, but any advice and the laws etc around this sort of thing would be useful to know, and I'll be very grateful. If you think you need to know more details PM me. Thanks, Shikari

      • Like
    • 51 replies
    • 4k views
  14. postedby
    Started by postedby,

    (Apologies if this isn't the right area for this question. Also, I'm not a member of the police.) I'm genuinely surprised at the level and scope of the proposed cuts to UK police budgets. It's clear, especially looking at what's happening in countries like Greece and France, that once public spending cuts start to bite in there's going to be a significant level of social unrest. Not to mention higher levels of violent crime and theft. This would seem a good time to have a highly functional and equipped police force to maintain order, and I would have thought it would be one area that the government would want to spare from the worst of these cuts. And yet, what? 20 to …

    eurgbp1546620703
  15. stacey5089
    Started by stacey5089,

    I have just been stopped for driving my car without having a licence just a provisional and had someone with me who was 28 but also only had a provisional I did have insurance but I knew that that would make it void I did have L plates and road tax and mot certificate I am expecting 6 points but I don't actually know what is going to happen as this was only yesterday but my test is in a week so will that mean. that I will be disqualied when I find out what in going to get(if I get 6) even though I only had a provisional licence at the time it happened please help

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.