England & Wales
4557 topics in this forum
-
Does the legislation 'Section 59 Police Reform Act 2002' apply to private property? Specifically Section 34 RTA, if someone is riding a motorcycle across a farmer's field. Or is that a Trespass? If yes, how detailed an account would i need to pursue the rider. Do i need to get a written statement, or will a verbal one suffice? Thank you in advance.
-
Hi, In the near future, i may receive a Youth Restorative Disposal (YRD), and i want to know if this will prevent me from becoming a doctor, solicitor, teacher etc. In its pilot schemes, a YRD was not recorded on PNC, but was stored locally. all of the government advice and information i've found dates back to this pilot scheme, and i can't find anything more recent than 2008, the year before the pilot ended. Can anyone tell me if receiving a YRD will show up on an enhanced background check, will it stop me from joining a med school/becoming a doctor, and do i have to admit it to an employer or university? An answer from a serving police officer or YOT/YJB member wo…
-
Basicaly I was give a police caution and i want to be a teaching assistant which requires a crb check to be done. I have never been in trouble before and the officer gave me the option of going to court or take the simple caution. I chose the simple caution. Will this show up on my crb check and mean that I will never be able to pursue the career of my dreams? Pleas can you help me???
-
- 2 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi my son and I have recently been going for lessons for shooting clay pigeons. We both enjoy the sport and want to take it further buy getting our own guns. I know you need a certificate to get one but I hear if you have any previous history with the police it will be refused. My son is 16 and has no history with the police but 8 years ago I was fined for common assault and also had a drunk driving ban at the same time. I have had no problems with the law since. Will I be automatically refused or isd it worth applying for one. Also can I apply for more than one licence at the address, ie one for my son one for myself and one for my wife who will need to get ammunition fo…
-
source: BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12311184 This looks good, but if their in gangs surely they wont give two monkeys about what they do, and likely to fill our prisons even more. Good idea though.
-
Sec 17 PACE states that a 'constable may enter and search any premises for the purpose of executing— (i)a warrant of arrest issued in connection with or arising out of criminal proceedings; OR of arresting a person for an [F1indictable] offence' as well as other bits and bobs. Does this mean entry can be forced into someone's home to make an arrest without a warrant, as long as the offence is indictable? If there was reason to believe that a person had committed theft for example, and that the person was in his house, force could be used to enter and arrest the suspect without a warrant?
-
Hi Just a quick bit of advice wanted the missus has had a false insurance claim made against her - a police man came to take insurance details which we provided... now on the advice of people on another motoring forum they've said get the police officer to verify the lack of damage to the vehicle. is this possible? secondly would it be possible to request the details of the people requesting this information? the person at the time of the alleged incident never exchanged details and the missus never bothered even taking their number plate. there's three weeks of dirt built on the car and not one mark showing distubance of the dirt - the period when the said incident…
-
Hi, I have been a special for over three months now and still can't get my head around the Necessityto arrest for public order offences. I know section 1, 2, 3, 4 would be prevent the injury but for section 4A and 5 and the offences of assualting a police officer and obstructing a police officer, what would the necessity be. Many Thanks
-
Hi all. I'd just like to hear your views on a little hypothetical scenario: There's evidence to suggest a property may be being used to cultivate cannabis – concerned neighbours' reports of unusual activity, a strong smell of cannabis etc - as such a search warrant is attained and the property raided. When the officers gain access they find no evidence to support the warrant - ie no cannabis growing, no paraphernalia to suggest the property has been used to cultivate cannabis and no other drugs. In this case, would it be the force who would be responsible for repairing or paying to repair any damage made while entering – broken doors, smashed windows, muddy foots…
-
Hi all, To my amazement the other day (whilst on the bus), I saw two cyclists on bicycles (yes, bicycles and cyclists) go on a run and decided to take the exit onto the motorway, I believe they might have intended to ride up along the hard shoulder with the intention of coming off at the next junction/slip road... What would be the relevant offence/section? Any suggestions, is there an applicable section within the RT act 1988 for this? My best guess off the top of my head would be R.G for arrest under PACE S.24(5) (a-f). I couldn't believe it myself, I assume they were picked up rather quickly (at least I sincerely hope that they were)... Looking forward to your…
-
A very interesting short report on shoplifting and civil recovery. If they claimed I stole something and wanted money back i would tell them to do one
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-12274366 A coroner has criticised road safety laws after a woman died when she was knocked down on a pavement by a mobility scooter. Lillian Macey, 90, from Essex died from leg injuries after the crash in Sandown, on the Isle of Wight, on 21 July 2009. Driver Walter Cousins, who was said to drive aggressively, has since died. Coroner John Matthews, recording a verdict of accidental death, said pedestrians needed more protection. The Department for Transport said mobility scooters were not covered under the Road Traffic Act, which only applies to motor vehicles. Mr Cousins was not charged over the incident. He had told …
-
After watching Top Gear earlier today I noticed they were communicating to each other via walkie talkies, as they were each in their own vehicle. They were using them on public roads and just wondered have they committed an offence? I'd have thought it would be just like using a mobile phone. Thanks
-
I watched this programme last night and found the entertainment value second to none.What do other people think about it. I personally think that channel 4 have done a hatchet job on the travellers involved and made the look as bad as possible. You don't always see the girls dressed like they were depicted. I think C4 have duped them and when they see it there will be alot of problems.Swanley was an absolute Patsy out of the ones getting married he must have been an obvious target and displayed racist overtones when they were deciding who to feature. I have no major opinions really but feel channel 4 have made total mugs out of that community.They wouldn't have dared …
-
Good morning. I am going to pose a question which may have been answered before but I have tried to find an answer on the pages worth of topics which cover dog attacks. Here goes: A member of the public visits someones private dwelling as a tradesperson to carry out a task, for this example lets say a plumber. There is a dog in the house which the home owner does not put away in a different room but instead allows it to roam the house freely. The said plumber thinks nothing of asking the home owner to put the dog away. Much to his suprise the dog then attacks the plumber and takes a significant chunk out of his leg which requires hospitalisation and plastic surgery…