England & Wales
4557 topics in this forum
-
-
has anyone had to deal with a incident where the panic button has been pressed in a police station? also does anyone get a buzz when dealing with incidents like this
-
-
Skip to around 1:07 and the somewhat irritating man nicks the custodian off the officer's head and runs off, leading to what I imagine to be a few seconds of embarrassment for the officer. Apart from being a general pain in the backside, what offence would the man be detained for? I think he was put in the back of a police van. Public order? Assault police(a bit far fetched)? Or just nothing, maybe he merely got a stern talking to. What would you do?
-
Has anyone here who has worked in buckingham palace been asked to play cards with a member of the royal family. Am not sure which one it is but i know police officers and soilders have been asked in for a game of cards. Some of them get asked if their want to go for dinner. must be lucky to get asked to have dinner with the royal family.
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-11819190 Since the Hunting Act came into force in 2005, arguments have raged over how successful it has been. A total of 154 people have been prosecuted under the act, but the pro hunting lobby says only four relate directly to hunting, the rest cover poaching. The cases which have been to court rely on video evidence obtained by animal rights groups who observe the hunts. The latest was Richard Down, from Somerset, who became the first person to be convicted twice under the act when, at Taunton Magistrates' Court on Monday, he was found guilty of hunting a wild mammal with more than two dogs. He had chased an injured st…
-
We had a conversation in the pub last night with text messages and how they are used in certain cases like determining whether a driver was on the phone at an alleged time etc when the question came up how long they are actually stored on the servers for. Some people reckon 4 years but does anyone actually know how long providers hold them for? Is it law for them to keep a record or the providers own policy?
-
My soon to be ex has accused me of making a false statement to the Police after he assaulted me a number of years ago and has said that if I do not return to the Police and admit that I told lies about the attack, that he will make my personal and professional life very difficult for me. The attack took place in our marital home a number of years ago and I was persuaded not to involve the Police until a few days later after I spoke to my solicitor. He was initially charged given a caution and released but after a few days after meeting up with him when he was on bail, he persuaded me to go to the Police and withdraw the statement, and tell them that I would not be able t…
-
- 3 replies
- 750 views
- 1 follower
-
-
[standard disclaimer read and understood] Who is liable for the repairs when the Police force entry to a property? This could be as a result of a welfare check or search warrant. This is where police have the right to enter, and to force entry, but where they can't contact the owner for consent. They break the door and frame, resulting in a repair bill of £1000 or so. Excluding issues of insurance, would the Police have any liability for the damage? Or would the owner have to foot the bill in every scenario? (I imagine the same answer would apply to car windows smashed in to force entry)
-
Hey Specials, Hope you are well! I have a dilemna question here, I need to prove that Intendingto ‘frighten’ someone is an offence under s9(2) Theft Act 1968 however it mentions grievious bodily harm in this section and subsection so I am not sure how frightening, which is surely assault correlates to GBH. I also need a case authority. Does anyone have any clues? Please help Yago
-
Anyone know if ambulance personnel are exempt from wearing seat belts when attending to a patient in the back of a moving ambulance and if so what legislation covers it? I know there is no exemption when they are driving as there is for Fire and Police but can't find any legislation that they are when attending.
-
A guy of Road Wars was given a ticket and decided to go to court but pleading guilty! I swear that's completely pointless??
-
Obviously for an offence of say criminal damage, there doesnt need to be an intent, there can be a recklessness to it. So with attempt criminal damage, does the person have to intend to cause the damage? Such as, a person is kicking the perspex glass of a bus shelter in anger as his bird has finished with him. He isnt intending to break the perspex glass, just venting his frustration. Now the perspex doesnt break, but if it was normal glass, one would believe it would break due to the force of the kicks. So does he commit the offence as there was no intent and no damage?
-
Can a constable on duty authorise someone to park their car in a manner that would otherwise be unlawful (I.e. On yellow/red lines) if it was necessary? Say, moving cars out of a crime scene, or to get recovery trucks in and out, or to allow boardup contractors to do theor bit, or in cases of stopping and then seizing a car or moving vehicles out of the way of a procession or demonstration....I'm sure there are lots of examples.
-
A postman has been told by management that "posties who stick their fingers through a letter box is classed as trespassing" can some one enlighten me as I think this is utter rubbish