England & Wales
4557 topics in this forum
-
Im after answers as to what power a constable has to seize a vehicle which is unroadworthy, however power that is standard to all officers. The reason i ask, is that im aware of PG9 and other bits and pieces in connection with vehicle examiners, however in my force, this is limited to traffic officers only. Traffic has taken a hammering and looks to be pretty much disbanded in the near future, with us relying on Motorway to assist, which could take upwards of an hour before one even becomes avaliable. What powers does an ordinary constable have with respect of vehicle seizure?
-
Dear all, Does the offence "drive a motor vechile otherwise than in accordance with a licence" come with "use a motor vehicle without a third party insurance"? I did produce a valid full UK licence when i was stopped and show my counterpart when i claim back my vehicle. I am sure i am class B vehicle which is a ford mondeo. what should i do if i am not guilty on that offence?
-
Hello all, If someone obtains evidence supporting prosecution in either a civil or criminal law case by way of a criminal act eg robbery, will that evidence be admissible? Many thanks, F&V
-
Just a quick question, obviously with all the snow last night we were getting a lot of calls about people throwing snowballs at cars hitting the windscreen etc. There was no damage to the car. If we were to catch the individuals what offence or offences have been committed in any? Regards Bravo4
-
- 13 replies
- 1.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I know we aren't allowed any blue lights on cars (not that it stops most of the chavs round here) but what about houses? Over half of the houses round here with Christmas lights have blue ones this year, I find it distracting driving past as sometimes I just catch it out of the corner of my eye and think it's Police or Ambulance lights. The flashing ones are particularly distracting. I was just wondering what the Police think about these lights? Personally I think they should be banned, especially on main roads.
-
I'm still in training and I'm trying to get my head around how best to apply a necessity to an arrest. Could someone please give me a typical situation where you would use "prompt and effective investigation"? Please remember I'm still learning and I get the impression ( not from training) that "prompt and effective investigation" is a very common one to use, is it because it's an easy one to use? Ian.
-
By way of example, say you've caught someone speeding - you would give an FPN (or report them depending on how bad it is) for the offence but on speaking to them you smell booze, do a roadside test, which they fail, and you nick them for that. Would you then also arrest for the speeding, or still issue the ticket (or report them)? A different example would be if you nick someone and after searching them you discover some cannabis. They'd be subsequently arrested for possession normally, but if you dealt with them via a search and they were eligible for a Street Caution then one might take that route. What I'm trying to get at, is would it be bad practice to do a furthe…
-
i found site is : http://esquel.tech.officelive.com/Mobilephone.aspx On their site i want buy device , but they told me what need first my money then they send me my divece about 48 hours Pz may police check their and then write me result! This is our chating: Hello thanks the the swift respond i really understand you concern about this deal but i want you to know that you are dealing with the right company here in the UK We are register and certified company base in UK We have a well developed policy which guilds and protect buyer once the full payment details is confirm through western union money transfer,the company does not have the right to hold any good(s…
-
- 3 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Do you think the words "you're full of *****" can be construed as abusive, insulting etc or is it a common phrase used to denote that you are lying?
-
Got Kee 2 this week, and can't remember what was said about 'instant arming'. If a person leaves home with no intention of using their umbrella to hurt anybody, but then gets into an argument in the street and forms the intention to and hits somebody with it, in my understanding that would constitute 'instant arming'. The umbrella would not be an intended OffWep because the person had not left home and entered the public space with the intention to use it as such. Am I correct?
-
I beleive I was given a caution/warning in 2000 (over 18 at the time). My other option was to spend xmas (Fri-Tues) in the police cell so this warning seemed a sensible solution at the time. From reading on the net it seems there is no caution/warning issued by police in Scotland at this point in time. I was made to sign something at the time but was not given anything to take away nor received anything from the police in the post. Does anyone know then what I got, I have no idea. Perhaps it will be some form of local warning, will it be on PNC? Can I walk into the police station in question with ID and find out? I would like to apply for a job requiring background che…
-
- 3 replies
- 841 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey, Quick intro, I operate a repossession company in Scotland where we deal with all the major banks. Recently we have expanded quite a bit and as you can imagine we see some rough area's. There has been times where either me or my employee's have been in danger, wither that been threatening with assault or upholding a car and debtors trying to run down our employee's. We have recently looked at getting in speed-cuff's for these sort of situations, stop people going crazy, hold them until police come. We do have cameras in our vehicles and work well with the police as they often assist. I am just wondering the legal status of use of speed-cuffs, but where do we draw …
-
- 70 replies
- 18.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all, Right, I know S136 MHA 1983 allows removal to a place of safety to a public place - but if you had to take someone back to a healthcare facility where they were being held under S3 Mental Helath Act 1983, according to several sources you can enter private premises to take them, such as this from Kent Police: From Kent Police website My question is, whereabouts in the Mental Health Act or other statute law does this power come from? Many thanks, F&V
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11945081 Parents should be free to photograph their children in nativity plays, the Information Commissioner has said. The advice was issued after a number of schools banned photography on their premises to protect pupils who were adopted or in foster care. Earlier this week a father complained he was threatened with arrest at a school in Leicestershire. Information Commissioner Christopher Graham said such photos did not breach the Data Protection Act. BBC technology correspondent Rory Cellan-Jones says it is a common experience at this time of year for proud parents trying to take pictures of their children performing in nativity plays …
-
Just saw on Brit Cops that they siezed a guys phone as "evidence" as he was repeatedly phoning 999, so they took it as evidence. Would this be legal? Is it nessecery to take his mobile? Surely the 999 / phone records would show he'd been phoning?