Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. Guest GodAtum
    Started by Guest GodAtum,

    Can someone display L plates even though they have passed a driving test? I was thinking that even though I passed my driving test, displaying L plates might make other road users more cautious of me.

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 5.6k views
  2. Jimbo1546620690
    Started by Jimbo1546620690 * ,

    Hi All, Trying to stay within your rules of not seeking legal advice, I'd simply like to know if traffic cameras which monitor traffic/accident hotspots are a 'live feed' only or is it recorded? Help is VERY much appreciated. Jim

    • 4 replies
    • 2.1k views
    Jimbo1546620690 *
  3. Guest GodAtum
    Started by Guest GodAtum,

    I've notices a few pople wearing jackets in the style of the RAF Greatcoat Jack wears in Torchwood. Some have military ranks. Are the jackets illegal as they are depicting military uniform?

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 7.9k views
    E29NP1546080952
  4. davidjbateman
    Started by davidjbateman,

    Hello, I'm a special constable from Leicestershire and have never given a NEFPN or a EFPN. Could someone please explain the legal part about what to say to the offender? I'm confident with checks and body checks etc. But haven't had the chance to give one out yet. Also, what would you usually give a NEFPN for rather than a EFPN. Thank you, David

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 2.5k views
  5. Airflow
    Started by Airflow,

    Im talking about documents, leaflets etc to do with the dangers of mobile phone use. I've had a look at work but all i can find is seat belts, drink drive etc etc. I want something on mobile phone use if possible, the dangers, with some facts & figures to back it up. Im not asking for force specific stuff, but the only internet thing i can find so far is: http://www.rospa.com/roadsafety/info/mobile_phone_report.pdf Any help, appreciated, or if anyone knows where i would access these types of things from, would be great

    • 4 replies
    • 702 views
    tonkertoy1546080827
  6. earthman1546620180
    Started by earthman1546620180,

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1266170/Disabled-caravanner-prosecuted-keeping-penknife-car-use-picnics.html Anyone know if there is more to this story then what's being reported here? If the knife he had were just like the one in the picture, ie non locking blade why did it go this far in the first place?

  7. jonnym
    Started by jonnym,

    Ok. I've done some but need help. I will next time I am in get the force policy out but suppose for my general curiousity would like a few questions answered - really that have come from my last PND last week. For offences such as criminal damage/theft you have to prove your case in case it goes to court so that means witness statements etc etc. However, my question is: we have 2 tiers: the £80 and £50 and some are recordable and some are not. When say issueing a PND to a 17 year old for buying alcohol or pnd'ing someone for littering...there is no victim per se so how can I get a witness statement. How can I prove it has been done. Is my statement enough for these t…

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. Mossycat
    Started by Mossycat,

    This piece of trivia came out of a book I was given for Christmas, it sounds like it could be true but I just wondered if it was, or is it made up The word cop (when referring to a police officer) comes from Constable On Patrol. Just wondered? Mossycat

    • 4 replies
    • 992 views
  9. vjohn82
    Started by vjohn82,

    Hi, I have a couple of questions I can't seem to find answered anywhere else... 1) If a caution has been been "stepped down" will it still appear on enhanced CRB's for jobs exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974? 2) Can a caution be legally challenged if it has been on your record for 6 years? Thanks in advance. VJ

  10. ConcernedCitizen1546620688
    Started by ConcernedCitizen1546620688 * ,

    Hello, I am just a young guy who has had some interesting experiences with the police and am writing a paper for college. Ive been a victim of police abusing their power (watching them all compare their statements and trade "notes" in plain sight to compound your guilt - the first time is heartbreaking when you actually believe in the system.) But since travelling more I have come to realise there are generally the same percentage of "bad" people in any group. Shortly after I noticed that I myself actually began to dislike the police, based on my past experience.. I myself became prejudice against guys i dont know just coz of their uniform. Aware of this I am on a jo…

  11. redfaced
    Started by redfaced,

    Hi All, Was pulled over by the Police a couple of weeks ago in a situation that i am thoroughly embarrasssed and ashamed of. The offence was Kerb Crawling, for some stupid on the spot decision i picked up a girl who was showing a bit too much thigh, before i even got to the end of the street was pulled over by a police van. Admitted my guilt almost instantly, was given the right to remain silent whilst the police officer did checks on me and my vehicle. Told him this is the first time i have been stopped by the police, do not have a criminal record or any cautions. He wrote my admission of guilt into his notepad and asked me to sign. After further discussion with h…

    • 2 replies
    • 5.1k views
  12. pineapple
    Started by pineapple * ,

    Hi I would be most gratefull if anyone could advise on how long an "incident report" is kept? Basically my best friend's ex husband remaried (call her Mrs X). Mrs X does not like my friend and has basically tried to keep my friend from seeing her kids via all sorts of methods. One includes attacking me, whom has no relation/contact with Mrs X what so ever. Mrs X worked for a GP Surgery in 2006 and gained access to my medical file which contained my home address, from there she followed me to work, called my work, emailed me threats that she knew where I lived etc etc. I contacted the police and provided them with all the emails sent to me containing the threats I also…

    • 5 replies
    • 3.2k views
  13. Burnsy2023
    Started by Burnsy2023,

    If you suspect someone to be in charge/driving a vehicle, do you need to be in uniform to require a sample of breath? Assume the vehicle has already stopped.

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.7k views
  14. Young_wanna_be_cop
    Started by Young_wanna_be_cop,

    In this clip a security guard confiscates a teenagers skateboard and calls police. Assuming the skateboarders have previously been asked to leave and have returned, does the guard have any right to take the boys board? Also, notice the kick from the guard, any offence here? :D

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.2k views
  15. Nickyc
    Started by Nickyc,

    Would it be illegal to have WHITE led or strobe lights on your car if you are a civilian? Thanks,

    • 15 replies
    • 2.5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.