England & Wales
4557 topics in this forum
-
-
im looking for my first car and seen a 2008 vauxhall corsa this is what is says in the ad " LIGHT PANEL DAMAGE TO DRIVERS DOOR AND QUATER PANEL NOW FULLY REPAIRED AND NOW BEEN TO VOSA TO BE CHECKED OVER CATC" its a good price at 3,795, is it a car to stay away from?
-
- 5 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Can somebody clarify what constitutes reasonable force and what doesn't? Take the following scenario for instance: An officer arrives on scene to see two of his colleagues wrestling with a big male under the influence of alcohol / other substances; this male is waving his arms about, swearing and being generally very aggressive and violent Would the officers be justified to take him down to the ground with force? Also, if they could not get him down would they be justified in applying pressure to the back of his knees by means of a kick / force? When I did my defensive skills we were taught knee strikes, but not kicking the back of a suspects legs to take him down al…
-
Hi Huys, Can anyone give me some info or examples on community oriented policing services (COPS), I missed the training day due to work commitments and my tutor is currently on leave. Cheers, Rich
-
Hi, the situation is that I am applying to uni and they do enhanced CRB checks and there is and incident that I have been involved and wanted to see whether it would affect my chances to study the course.I got into an argument with my girlfriend and the police were called. The police just took statements from both of us separately and then just told us to go home.What are your views on this...what sort of notes may come up on the enhanced CRB check? Do you think that this will affect my chances?Thank You
-
seems a lot of posters manage to post info from case laws which is useful! where would i find these!?
-
Hi, Was just wondering if you PNC a moving vehicle and it comes back as being SORN, what do you do? Is it ticketable?? CLE2/6 for no tax?
-
Is this similar to joint enterprise? And has anyone ever seen this power being used? Am I right to say if someone commits robbery and they get caught, the person that encouraged them to do it by 'egging' them on can get arrested under this? Points to prove date and location did an act which was capable of encouraging or assisting in the commission of an offence namely (detail offence) intending to encourage or assist in its commission
-
If a railway station falls within an area designated as a "drinking control zone" (as my whole BOCU is) the. Do railway stations and railway property fall under it's remit? I have a suspicion that it doesn't: which leads us to the peculiar scenario of the local "street drinkers" sitting on the steps of the railway station supping their (super) brew and us not having the power to seize their tipple as we would do if they were perched but 2 metres away on the pavement. Just something that occurrd to me whilst sitting on a train opposite a gentleman with a beveverage wrapped in a paper bag.
-
Whats the law one this? Obviously its compulsory, but what can the penalty be? Andy.
-
I was pulled over and given give the third degree... endless questions, is it your car, are you insured have you got a licence... all were answered to the the satisfaction of the police, but finally they .. or rather one of them, found that the rear nearside tyre was in his opinion "under-inflated" - handed a fixed penalty notice and now face 3 points on my licence for an alleged offence. No readings were taken, where do I stand please? Is the opinion of a traffic policeman enough for a conviction without any actual readings from a pressure gauge?
-
-
- 52 replies
- 18.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Simple question, which I think I have the answer to, however I would like to confirm it with any persons who are certain of the answer. Police Patrol Ramps on the motorway, if you do not know are raised up higher than the actual carriage way. Similar to this, I know its not a good picture, but this is basically what they are. My question is, why is it raised up? I have a an answer which I have came up with, and I think it might be right ... Is it so they can see into Truck Cabs?? Or is it for any other reason??? Thanks all in Advance.
-
Hello all! Here's one I think I know the answer to, but just want to run it past you all to make sure... I'm just having a chat with a mate and I've not got any references to hand. Am I right in thinking that someone trespassing on a railway can be given a PND (£50 off the top of my head, I think)? And if so, what's the minimum age they can be issued with it (and, depending on the age, would they need an appropriate adult to be present at the time?) Cheers in advance!
-
Lets say you're dealing with a case where two people have accused each other of assaulting the other whilst on a night out. You get a drunken statement on the night/early morning, and one of them is taken to the station, while the other goes to hospital to get checked for injuries. Later in the morning after you phone the person who is now out of hospital to get a witness statement, which he/she refuses to give with the argument that he/she already have an appointment at the station the following day, when he/she is expected to give his/her statement. Not taking no for an answer you decide to pay the person a visit. He/she still argues that a statement will be taken th…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello everyone=) Hi hope everybody is fine...ahmm I've been searching the net to find out about common assault and luckily I came across to this page so I hope someone can help me to understand everything about it...My question is related to what happened to one of my friend just recently, I am just so worried to might what will be the outcome...=( what happened is that my friend have an encounter with someone one night when we are out, i really don't know exactly what happened but to make the story short he was accused of beating someone,he was even got arrested and being called to court...but I guess that the guy is not really beaten up actually it's my friend who got …