Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. 777
    Started by 777,

    Just trying to think of any offences that would cover someone deliberatly driving a car at someone, but NO contact made and no harm. If for example the driver has threatened this previously. I was thinking dangerous driving? Any help appreciated.

    • 12 replies
    • 2.2k views
  2. simplejohn
    Started by simplejohn * ,

    Hi, I am a newbie here so I'm sorry if anything is out of turn but I have a little problem that I need help with; I have a friend who took his car to a garage to sort out some electrical repairs. On returning to the garage after the car had been examined, my friend was told the car was a "write off" as nothing could be done to fix the problem. My friend asked for another examination of the car & it was during this period that regretfully, the garage owner died. My friend telephoned the garage & spoke to someone & it was agreed to leave the car until after the funeral. My friend allowed some days in respect to the family of the garage owner but when he went…

  3. Random~name
    Started by Random~name,

    Is there any specific legislation that covers us to read messages on mobile phones? (or other forms of communication, letters, emails etc) I'm not looking at covertly whereby a RIPA would be necessary, so that counts out unread messages, phones that are pin protected or unopened letters. Only already received and seen communication. This would be mostly in relation to drug dealers or fraudsters. We were having a discussion with one of our POLSA officers and they were adamant that because the communication is already opened, it is not considered covertly and RIPA doesn't apply. As such we can read a persons messages on their mobile phone if they were already read and we s…

    • 30 replies
    • 10.1k views
  4. medic1
    Started by medic1,

    just went for my lunch to my local store and before i reached the store a drunk guy was walking out of the store followed by two staff who were telling him to come back but he carried on. when they caught up to him he stopped and they explained they wanted to check he didn't have any stolen goods from the store as he was acting suspiciously in the store. He put up some verbal resistance at first but eventually consented. Nothing was found on him and he was let on his way. Is it legal/lawful to conduct a search as a MoP? if he hadn't consented I assume they would of held him until a police officer could attend. I hung around in case he tried to leg it and was ready to cal…

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Eurocopter1546081234
  5. felix2011
    Started by felix2011,

    Hi, My case is now NFA'd so I think this is a legitimate post - if not I apologise. I was arrested for rape. The accusation was malicious and unfounded. I have been told it is now NFA'd. What are the implications for my PNC record? Would this information (that I had been arrested) be shared with the US Embassy / US Goverment / US Immigation Authorities? How I can I get my record back to 'clean'? I have committed no crime. What about Enhanced CRB? Thx Felix

  6. bensonby
    Started by bensonby +,

    I always assumed having your teeth knocked out would amount to a GBH: After all, it is permanent damage that can't be cured and it can greatly and permanently affect qualifty of life and one's looks. I dealt with an incident where this had happened the other day and treated it as a GBH. However, I've been told I was wrong.... I've gone and looked up the charging standards myself (See here) and, indeed, it is an example of an ABH. Why?

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 2.9k views
  7. GoneForgotten
    Started by GoneForgotten,

    Hi, As a responsible motorist I was just checking what the score is with updating the DVLA and my insurance when I move in a few weeks time. I'm slightly screwed as far as the insurance is concerned because the property doesn't appear on their database yet but I'll cross that bridge later. My question is this, if I fill out the bottom of the driving licence and post it back with a new address, there appears to be nothing in the legislation about producing documents which allows for this as an excuse. So let's say for arguments sake, I'm driving around and get stopped in Hertfordshire. I say, I haven't got my documents, they so, ok, we'll give you a producer. I then …

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 799 views
  8. Time_Bandit1546080817
    Started by Time_Bandit1546080817,

    I am tired so excuse my ignorance...especially if the answer is staring me in the face. Earlier I overheard two officers having a brief conversation about the following and it made me think...and that's not easy!!! When you search someone under S.1 PACE. If you have to use force, you are using S.117 of PACE. If you search someone under S.23 of MoD Act what power are you using should you have to use force on the person? I know S.23 gives a constable the power to "search that person, and detain him for the purpose of searching him". But so does S.1 PACE. It states the same: "may detain a person...for the purpose of such a search".

      • Like
    • 48 replies
    • 4.4k views
  9. wanabe
    Started by wanabe,

    Just wondering what the legal standing is on selling equipment that is so obviously designed to grow cannabis.

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.7k views
  10. xipetotec46
    Started by xipetotec46,

    This is my first post and I hope I get some replies to this very important peice of road traffic law... Why oh why are the majority of folk including the vast majority of police under the misconception that an uninsured vehicle cannot be driven by another person with an insurance policy that covers them to drive any other car not belonging to them or not hired to them under a hire purchase agreement. in the program cops with cameras a traffic officer with ANPR system impounded a car because it showed up on the ANPR that the car was not insured. despite the pleadings of the driver that his insurance covered the car on a third party basis the car was removed from the highw…

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 7.3k views
  11. a0400798@hud.ac.uk
    Started by a0400798@hud.ac.uk,

    CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME THE CURRENT TARIFF FOR A NIGHT/WEEK/MONTH (DEPENDING ON HOW ITS DONE) FOR A MET SECTION HOUSE AT THE MOMENT PLEASE. CHEERS

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  12. SCstaffs
    Started by SCstaffs,

    Single crewed police car driving alone a road. Other side of the road (opposite direction lane) , a car with a driver and a passenger (in front seat) is driving. Officer seens driver 'using a mobile phone' while driving. Officer turns car around and get 'offending' car to stop. Officer talks to driver, where he says "i saw you using your mobile phone while driving, what do you have to say about that?" Driver responce is "Joe Bloggs, 123 Anystreet, Anywhere, 11-05-78", nothing else is said to the police officer by either the driver nor passenger. Officer writes up the driving offence. Bloggs opts for court rather than paying the fine and says "it was not a mobile pho…

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.5k views
  13. Goose
    Started by Goose,

    So im back home with the parents for a few days and well.. There starting to get old! They want to be able to sit and relax in the garden and enjoy the sun. Unfortunately, the pub down the road seems have setup a rather large PA/Sound system outside in the middle of the day playing some rather loud music! It dosent bother me too much.. Its my sort of music! But still, are there any regulations on sound volume during the day?

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 995 views
  14. cdholpin
    Started by cdholpin,

    ill cut along story short, i own and run a cleaning business and a friend asked me to clean her carpet. which i did and i left the carpet cleaner at here flat. subsequently we are no longer friends. ive been asking for the cleaner back for 12 month and she keep saying when im free you can collect it. how do i stand with the law for getting it back? if i phone the police can they do anything?

    • 14 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Eurocopter1546081234
  15. securitas88
    Started by securitas88,

    There's a byway that I wanted to drive across because it is a bit of a shortcut but the condition of the road is so poor that I think it would damage my car. Also, there is a small river which goes accross it which I don't think will do any good to my car. Does any of this amount to an obsruction of a highway? I thought it was the responsibility of the landowner/local authority to maintain the condition of a right of way. Do you think it's worth making a complaint to the county council or has nothing wrong/illegal happened here? The byway is in Lakeside Country Park, Eastleigh, Hampshire. You can have a look on google or here on the county council's website: http://wherei…

    • 4 replies
    • 724 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.