Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. BenBrah
    Started by BenBrah * ,

    Evening officers of the law. 2 weeks ago i breached my court order by arriving late to a anger management course i've been ordered to attend. Same again today. The first time i turned up late was due to not knowing what time to arrive. Visited the court and got the order which contained no times or dates. Today was just my lack of memory. Had it down on my calender plus setup a google calender reminder which reminded me 7 hours late. I'm guessing In the morning I'll get a letter saying hand my self in. Then dragged back though the court system again. Was for a section 4 which i believe is a public order offense? first conviction. any ideas on the likely outcome? bi…

    • 2 replies
    • 819 views
  2. Wisp
    Started by Wisp,

    Hello, I was hoping someone here could help me make sense of something that i'm not too sure about. Can someone explain to me the difference between the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 and it's accompanying Codes Of Practice? I ask because i'm not entirely sure whether the codes are legally binding like PACE 1984, or just simply best practice guidelines that don't necessarily have to be followed. I hope i've put this in words that can be understood. Like i said, i'm a bit puzzled by it. Thank you in advance.

  3. Smeders
    Started by Smeders,

    Bob and Bill are friends. Bob is under the age of 18 (Bill is also under 18) and has alcohol in his room/in his house. One day, they both have a fight and Bill takes the alcohol and pours it down the sink because he wants to get payback and he doesn't like Bob drinking. Bob finds out and says Bill has broken the law by stealing the alcohol. Could Bill be charged with anything for taking and getting rid of the alcohol. Ive read the disclaimer and know this isn't legal advice.

    • 43 replies
    • 2.7k views
  4. brimstone
    Started by brimstone,

    Jacob goes to a clothes store on Saturday and buys a blazer, paying fifty pounds in cash. He returns home, and does not remove any labels from the blazer. Instead, he puts it on, conceals the labels and wears the blazer to go out clubbing that night. On Sunday morning, Jacob wakes up and, amid the haze of his hangover, realises that he does not want the blazer any more. It is clean and doesn't smell. He goes back to the shop and goes to the returns counter. At the returns counter, Jacob asks the shop worker if he can return the blazer. He does not tell the worker that he has worn the blazer the night before, the suggestion being that he is returning it unworn (although t…

      • Like
    • 41 replies
    • 2.9k views
  5. conci
    Started by conci,

    This a great vid with multiple of fence off of assault, false imprisonment, attemped assault and assault with a vehicle and that just the Police. thats before we get to the breaches PACE, illegal seizure of a push bike and the comical CSO chase where the CSOs chase someone on a bike, on bikes coz his cycling is illegal, where obviously their cycling in that location is also illegal though how the camera man didn't get arrested for a its a bit long over 5 vids, but well worth sitting though in my HO http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded http://www.youtube.c...feature=related pick the other up of youtube id be very intrested in the opinion of the PCs on here,

      • Like
    • 105 replies
    • 7.7k views
  6. adamappo
    Started by adamappo,

    Good Afternoon, I note that in the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991, dangerously out of control is classified as off a lead, un-muzzled and acting in a way which could cause harm. However I'm a bit confused by the section which states that the person in charge of the dog would be "guilty of an offence, or, if the dog while so out of control injures any person, an aggravated offence, under this subsection" how does the law stand if a dog is on a lead, and attacks a person, causing sufficient harm that hospital treatment is required? Is the dog still classed as out of control with it being on a lead? Or is it classed as in control, despite causing actual injuries to a person? Wo…

    • 8 replies
    • 945 views
  7. TCambs
    Started by TCambs,

    A person, A, decides to post on an internet site 'I'm gonna go out and burgle 24 Peel Street, Sandford, tonight, I found out they leave their door unlocked and no-one is home tonight'. Someone views this posting and informs the police. Can the police take any pre-emptive action against A? Although naturally I want to say yes, of course, I can't think of anything the police can do in the absence of an offence. There is not enough for criminal attempt as of yet (an act more than preparatory) and conspiracy would require the involvement of at least one other person. If the posting read 'Me and my mate Dave are gonna go out and burgle 24 Peel Street, Sandford, tonight, I f…

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 1.7k views
  8. IrateShrike
    Started by IrateShrike +,

    Saw this post in another thread, unfortunately it is locked so I have to start another but consider this worthy of it's own thread: I find this interesting since PACE CoP Code A 3.2 specifically states: I'm interested in people's views on this, and the potential implications.

    • 30 replies
    • 3k views
  9. med1c
    Started by med1c,

    HI all I wasn't quite sure of who to ask this question so i guessed someone on here might know the answer. Can I legally ride an off road quad bike on the road, if the road is closed for an event and I am part of the event staff? I'm part of the medical team for an upcoming event that involves a number of road closures and as part of the response team will be using a quad bike to travel around the route. These quads are normally used for off road events so arent taxed, but if the road is closed, do the same rules apply? They would be taken to and from the event on the back of a lorry so they wont be ridden around other traffic. thanks in advance for any advice

    • 8 replies
    • 885 views
    Sergeant Colon
  10. Black Rabbit
    Started by Black Rabbit,

    How would you have handled this situation? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS_dNh0nUgU

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1.8k views
  11. Jodie_rootsmith
    Started by Jodie_rootsmith,

    Hi ALL, I loved this forum wealth of information very friendly and I am enjoying being here... I have question for the first time for you Law Gurus.. I have shop in London , and someone stole something for 2 weeks and then later returned it to us in its original condition. Now we know this person cause its a small area I was wondering can i take police action on him for theft. I hadnt reported it before, If i report it now and tell them who it is what can the police do for me?

      • Like
    • 36 replies
    • 2.2k views
  12. deadoralive
    Started by deadoralive * ,

    Hi I have a question which I think you may be able to answer. I was charged with common assault and criminal damage. What happened is I went out with mates and on returning home I realized I could not open my house door, I knocked at my bedroom window were I believed my partner and child were sleeping but got no response. I even tried ringing her phone which at the time was switched off and in panic I kicked opened the door in fear of the wellbeing of them causing slight damage to the door. I went inside and found out my partner was asleep. I confronted her about this and she told me she was upset that I had come home late hence why she locked me out. She then started sho…

  13. APolicemansLot
    Started by APolicemansLot,

    Got involved in an incident off duty recently, and I ended up arresting a person for theft. It turned into a bit of a nightmare as for various reason I couldn't hand it over a so ended up booking in and interview myself. My regular mate who I rope in to help me out said that I should have just 'detained' the person, and then waited for an on duty unit to actually arrest. I thought that that would have ammounted to unlawful imprisonment, is there a lawful way I could have kept the suspect from leaving?

      • Like
    • 101 replies
    • 7.6k views
  14. on2wheels
    Started by on2wheels,

    Scenario: A PC confiscates a camera, and deletes images off somebody's camera. (it has happened - both here and in the US). There's no lawful grounds for deleting these photos in most circumstances (in fact, I can't think of a single instance where a PC on the street would have lawful grounds to do so). If it happens anyway, would the PC in question be committing criminal damage? ~ Haje

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 1.8k views
  15. nunomcsoares
    Started by nunomcsoares * ,

    Hello i'm from portugal and i bought in World of Camping (www.worldofcamping.co.uk) a grounsheet, unfortunately the item did not arrives, when i ask hims for my money they told me, is not possible until the item come back to the store, but the item are lost or never go out from the shop, what can i do to get my money back ?

    • 2 replies
    • 749 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.