Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. bensonby
    Started by bensonby +,

    Is selling condoms to under 16s illegal? Surely it would be an offence abetting s.8 of the Accessories and Abbetors Act 1861 [i.e. the retailer would aid, abet, counsel, or procure the commission of [an indictable offence - s.9 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003] ]. Gillick v West Norfolk and Wisbech Area Health Authority (1986) concerns a case where a doctor gave contraceptive advice to a child and it was held that he would not be an accessory generally due to his medical opinion etc. but he did not directly supply items. It was also a civil case. I'd argue that selling condoms directly to a child would directly aid in the commission of the offence under the SOA 2003 a…

      • Like
    • 63 replies
    • 4.1k views
  2. unlucky1546620738
    Started by unlucky1546620738 * ,

    Hi, I wonder if someone can give me a piece of advice. Last week my husband decided to help me with preparation for my driving exam... Big mistake. Somehow he was convinced that I was insured to drive his car and I truly believed him. After just driving for 1 minute we were stopped by the police and I was issued with Fixed penalty notice for 200 pounds and was told I will receive 3 points on my provisional licence. Yesterday I went to police station to give my licence and was told that driving without insurance is 6 points and I will be disqualified too as I hold provisional licence. However they also told me that because I was issued with FPN by a police officer and …

    unlucky1546620738 *
  3. Four Plus One1546081034
    Started by Four Plus One1546081034,

    Section 31 of PACE in short says that if a person is arrested, and at a police station, and it appears to a constable that if released he would be liable to be arrested for another offence he must be further arrested. What happens therefore in this situation. Bloggs is part of a large international drug importation gang. Metropolis Police Service have enough evidence to arrest him on suspicion of varies serious MDA offences. However they are holding off arresting him in order to gain further evidence on other higher members of the gang. Ruraltown Police pull over Bloggs because of a minor traffic offence. Because the necessity arises they are forced to arrest Bloggs fo…

    • 10 replies
    • 2.4k views
  4. Wiggle

    In my notes I've written: 91A – burglary – trespassing – intent 91B – burglary – trespassing – intent – assault/steal/damage using anobject which is not WIFE Section 10 – burglary, trespassing, intent, assault/steal/damage using anobject which is WIFE W eapon I mmitation F irearm E xplosive Please note that these are just brief notes to help me through my assessment in August. I appreciate that it doesn't have to be an assault, but could also be just threatening to assault etc. So in other words don't get too specific as they're just notes and I know full well that you could write a book on them.

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 20.6k views
  5. Javioli
    Started by Javioli,

    Can you, or can you not drive a car without a valid MOT/Tax (but fully insured) to and from a pre-booked MOT station? It's a question I've been asked. I'm certain the Tax is a no-no.

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 2.9k views
  6. Amz-0
    Started by Amz-0,

    Heya, i am currently a SYP Cadet me and couple off mates were talking about this topic other day would i be illegal for use police cadets to buy walets with police badge to carry our ID cards in ?I mean would that be impersonation of police officer :D? Thank you

    • 6 replies
    • 1.3k views
  7. RuAware
    Started by RuAware,

    Shopping the other day i was using one of those self scan things when it asked me to wait to be ID'd, for what i thought.... A wire brush the DIY type i always use to clean the BBQ! Apparently it's against the law to sell it to someone under the age of 18 which I have never heard of. But it did get me thinking what other things that you don't usually think of e.g. not alcohol and cigarettes and what offences would occur if they were sold to someone under age? And what would you do on duty if you saw someone carrying one of these items? (not looking like they were going to use it as an offensive weapon) and what are these items? or was it just store policy to ask for id…

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 14.1k views
    Police Constable 1 +
  8. alphagary
    Started by alphagary,

    removed

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.5k views
  9. Marricked
    Started by Marricked,

    I think this is in the right place... if not could a moderator please move it somewhere more appropriate. This afternoon I was on my lunchbreak and went to the Tesco express in the town centre which has its own security guard. Upon approaching the store, I saw a police officer escorting a female out the store who was shouting, quite obviously intoxicated (1PM in the afternoon ). I stopped and watched the officer who was by himself push the female up against the wall of the store in an attempt to cuff her, when all of a sudden an equally drunk male come and swings for him - it was her boyfriend. At this point I ran over, the officer pulled out his CS spray and sprayed th…

      • Like
    • 41 replies
    • 3.7k views
    IrateShrike +
  10. kiksomass
    Started by kiksomass * ,

    Hello I'm new to this site and wanted to fire a question at those in the know.I will try to keep it brief as it's a little long winded. In April 2005, my wife and I split,very messy and there was a domestic incident involving the breakage of 3 of her finger nails whilst she tried to prevent me from removing some furniture. During this time,she called the police but I had left the premises. When things had calmed down,I spoke to an officer over the phone and was invited to the station to make a statement. I was duly cautioned for common assault but to my knowledge,never actually arrested. So in September of this year, I am due to travel to USA. The Visa Waiver Program q…

  11. Soliloquy
    Started by Soliloquy,

    Got told by a trainer at Hendon that a wheelchair isn't considered a conveyance under legislation unless it is powered by an electric motor. However, in legislation it says under Section 12(7)(a) of Theft Act 1968 it says: But surely even a non-electric wheelchair can be used under the control of the people being carried in it if they can push the wheels themselves which every wheelchair I've ever seen has on them. Obviously this excludes things such as pushchairs and trolleys but wheelchairs are included, unless I'm missing something?

    • 1 reply
    • 808 views
    bigcanofworms1546080959
  12. lawgraduate
    Started by lawgraduate * ,

    Hi there, I've just graduated with a law degree and am interested in joining the police force. I was just wondering whether there are any jobs in the police available for a graduate. There isnt really any other job that appeals to me but i dont want to feel like i have wasted my time getting a degree if it doesnt really count towards any potential career. your replies will be greatly appreciated :))

  13. 777
    Started by 777,

    Hi, hope someone can help or clarify this for me. I have been in interviews with other officers for voluntary attendance interviews and contemp note and at the end, some have reported and some have not (some simply forgot - some wanted to question again at further point) The ones that did all said different things followed by the now caution. This ranged from 'The full facts of this case will be reported and any further proceedings will be by the way of summons' or 'You are being reported for this offence' Is there a set standard for the wording to use? or does it vary? Any help is appreciated

  14. bensonby
    Started by bensonby +,

    We are all aware of the arrest necessity criteria prescribed by s.24 PACE. The most commonly used is undoubtedly "prompt and effective" investigation. Recent caselaw (Richardson Vs Chief Constable of WMP) has held that arresting purely to interview does not meet the necessity criteria and, therefore, is unlawful. There was another element to the decision though that confused me somewhat. That was, apparently, one of the considerations of the arresting officer, or the custody officer (I can't remember which) was that part of the rationale for arresting was that risk could be managed by the setting of bail conditions. (in this particular case I can't think how bail conditi…

      • Like
    • 61 replies
    • 6.4k views
    bigcanofworms1546080959
  15. jackisback
    Started by jackisback,

    Hello everyone. I read this article, and I was wondering what Law gives teachers the right to search? Regards, Jackisback

      • Like
    • 34 replies
    • 2.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.