Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. Kewstu
    Started by Kewstu,

    Is this still against the law if the pavement does not have a cycle lane? I have just walked to work and seen 6 people riding this push rods on the pavement without cycle lanes. Is it still a £30 for doing this or is no longer enforced?

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.4k views
  2. Hyde
    Started by Hyde,

    A per the thread title, who has any knowledge of where I can get hold of a pocket-sized booklet of definitions of the more common offences? Alternatively, if anyone has one laying around that they no longer need... Thanks in advance

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 851 views
  3. stuto
    Started by stuto * ,

    Today I saw a car which had illegal number plates. It was in a public carpark and the only way for it to have gotten there would be via the roads so it's obvious the driver has offended. I took photographic evidence, what can I do with this?

  4. richr
    Started by richr,

    Solictors Journal article edit: and I managed to get my subheading wrong!

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 2.2k views
  5. crimewriter
    Started by crimewriter * ,

    Hi, I'm new to this. I'm a TV writer and would appreciate some advice if anyone could give me it. I'm writing this thing at the moment where a guy is working as a trustee of a large companies pension. He gets made a scapegoat of when it is discovered that a large sum has been transferred out of the account. He was the account manager but someone has set him up. So, who would come to his place of work / home to speak to him? Would it be Serious Fraud office? I need him to be arrested, bunged in a police cell on the first night and then transferred to a jail the following morning, but need to make this work so it's credible. I've done some research at a jail where the offic…

    crimewriter *
  6. on2wheels
    Started by on2wheels,

    http://www.pixiq.com/article/police-in-england-can-seize-your-camera-as-evidence

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. Manny
    Started by Manny,

    Morning, Just watched a you tube clip of a chap getting pulled over by a police cyclist for running a red light. He was been a arrogant so and so and was refusing to give his details to the officer who was trying to issue him a ticket. Saying stuff like "are you requesting my details or demanding them" and under what section am I required to give my details. When the officer could not use the EXACT wording he then said well in that case I am not giving you my details as you don't even know the law And rode off. Has an offence been committed and does the officer actually have the power to take his details, issue a ticket etc Cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 652 views
    Smiley Culture +
  8. installer
    Started by installer,

    A relative of mine is going into hospital for an abdominal operation and I will probably be collecting them after the operation in a few days. Law requires the wearing of seatbelts, but having had an abdominal operation it will be ill-advised for the relative to wear one when I pick them up - is there an exemption for a case like this? TIA

    • 11 replies
    • 3k views
    earthman1546620180
  9. Spo23
    Started by Spo23 * ,

    A 19 year old friend of mine posted pictures of himself and others drunk in his car on facebook, and was bragging about it publically on there aswell. I normally would "mind my own business" but he's done it before and I figure that sooner or later he is going to do it and kill himself or someone else. I almost didn't post this as it sounds childish and nosy, but I would feel terrible if he ran someone over and I could have prevented it. I took screenshots of the picture and both of his admissions incase they are needed. How should I go about reporting this? Don't want to waste someone's time by reporting it to the wrong department or whatever. Is it even worth reporting…

  10. charlyfarlly
    Started by charlyfarlly,

    ive long been of the opinion that the gunkhoe attitude displayed by SOME police officers with regards to car siezures in general and 165a/ insurance in particular was potenialy unlawful This arising following my car nearly being seizes after i produced a home printed e-cert at a stop in the early hours I was berrated on one (police) forum for taking a literal reading of 165a as meaning that IF an insurance cert was produced at the stop, 165a did NOT allow a seizure to take place no matter what the MIB or the insurance company said was the case or what the copper believed, It was then with some ammusment I found this case posted on a motoring site, which ( nearly) compl…

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 2.9k views
  11. securitas88
    Started by securitas88,

    I'm sure that I have seen security vehicles in the past which have had amber/white flashing lights. I thought that amber at least was only allowed on recovery vehichles. What's the law and potential penalties? Has anyone here actually stopped someone for having flashing lights when not supposed to. I'll try to find some pictures of security with these light bars and flashing amber lights but I don't think it's too uncommon.

      • Like
    • 40 replies
    • 18.6k views
  12. Burnsy2023
    Started by Burnsy2023,

    I have a colleague who has asked whether the towing eye on the front of this Clio is legal to have in all the time. He was under the impression that a standard towing eye that protrudes along with being dangerous to a pedestrian would also be illegal. The towing eye is rather difficult to get on and off so he wants to know if he could leave the non-standard on he bought in. This is rather beyond my expertise so just looking for opinions.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.4k views
    IrateShrike +
  13. Burnsy2023
    Started by Burnsy2023,

    I know this is used to seize uninsured vehicles, but I have two questions: 1) I can't seem to find the bit of legislation that allows seizure. Can someone link me to it on legislation.gov.uk? 2) What is the point of seizure? To prevent further driving of uninsured vehicles?

      • Like
    • 78 replies
    • 16k views
    Thomo1211546080989
  14. Venture Scotland
    Started by Venture Scotland * ,

    At Venture Scotland, a charity, we have a 17 seater minibus and tow trailers. We do not operate for hire or reward and are not a commercial organisation. We currently have a tachometer but do not use it was previously understood that we did not need to. This has been put into question. Our bus is limited to 62mph. The drivers are either volunteers or staff and most work in an office before driving. Some assistance understanding the law would be helpful as it is unclear in this circumstance. Thanks for your help.

    • 3 replies
    • 2.7k views
  15. callsign-kid
    Started by callsign-kid,

    This is an entirely hypothetical question, and obviously the usual disclaimer goes. However lets say that Mr A is extremely fed up with people who break into his garden over his rear fence. Mr A therefore decides to nail some gripper rod to the top of his fence to stop people from climbing over. Does he commit any offences in doing this? Interesting to note you can by wall "spikes" like this this commercially.

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 2.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.