Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. earthman1546620180
    Started by earthman1546620180,

    I hear these two words often used by the narrator on programmes like 'Police Interceptors' etc and think how comes? I'll give an example, four youths in a car, officer smelt drugs and saw a sword cane rolling around between the front and rear seats, none of the four admitted ownership of said sword cane. The cane was destroyed and a drugs conviction was successful but why couldn't one (or all four of them) be prosecuted for carrying what is a banned weapon? Is it just the fact that no one claimed ownership??? Apart from the officer's statement, it was all on camera too, does this count for nothing then?

    • 11 replies
    • 1.8k views
    earthman1546620180
  2. Protector109
    Started by Protector109,

    From my understanding it is illegal to smoke in a work vehicle that is used by more than one person, or that carries passenger(s). What I was wondering is, if the vehicle is used solely on private land for work purposes (IE a farm tractor or car used to move people around a farm) Does the law still apply? (Presuming the driver/passenger are employees, and not family members.) Protector109

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. uksniper
    Started by uksniper,

    Hello, I work in a Leisure Centre and we have been having trouble with one of the customers that comes to the centre. On around 3 occcasions we have had him removed by Police. We were advised by one of the police officers that we should send out a notice to the home address of the person (which the police supplied) stating that we were formally banning him from the premises and we would treat any return to site as trespassing and they would come and remove him. Needless to say he returned again so was asked to leave before he had chance to 'play up' and to no surprise he refused. So as advised, we contacted the police and asked for their assistance to be told that as he…

    • 9 replies
    • 17.2k views
  4. maverick1231546620740
    Started by maverick1231546620740,

    A brand new BBC3 documentary series is looking for serving and retired police officers to tell us about the funniest and strangest things that have happened to them during their career. We’d like to hear about: • The daftest or most incompetent criminals you’ve ever encountered. • The funniest thing that ever happened to you during your time on the force. If you are interested in taking part, please contact us so that we can tell you a bit more about the show. We’d also love to hear your stories. Our programme will provide an insight into best practices, celebrate the achievements of the police and convey a strong central message: Crime doesn’t pay and …

    • 0 replies
    • 565 views
    maverick1231546620740
  5. matt_w
    Started by matt_w,

    Does the above legislation prevent off duty officers from ever carrying a baton for example on the rail network, or is it Force 'policy'/orders that prevents it?

    • 37 replies
    • 7.6k views
  6. prolixia
    Started by prolixia,

    If you hold a full licence and drive with L-plates attached, do you commit an offence? I've heard both yes and no, and would be interested in a definitive answer. From time to time I've stopped people displaying L-plates and doing something prohibited without a full licence (most recent was a scooter with a pillion passenger), only to discover that the driver does have a full licence after all. I'm not planning to start sticking people on for this, but it would be useful to know whether it is a requirement that they take off the plates, or just a good idea. Typically L plates are left on because another driver is learning using the same vehicle.

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 10k views
    Alan Partridge +
  7. TheBailiff
    Started by TheBailiff,

    Hello Guys,in 2006 i was at uni and was a bit of a bad boy,in a short period carried a number of traffic offence[drink driving,speeding ,driving while disqualified] ,On one occasion gived false details to police but got caught out and was charged for perverting the course of justice and sentenced to 4 month custody. Well things have changed since than and now,finished the degree started a business and ran a few companies.Never looked back and leaned a lesson from being inside.ANyway a good mate of mine has offered me an oppurtunity in getting a Bailiff contract from a housing association and trust me it is very good money if the contract is completed.I have some experien…

    • 9 replies
    • 3.5k views
  8. westmidscop
    Started by westmidscop,

    Okay after a conversation at work the other day the question came up of how to search persons on premesis when conducting a S.18 search. So a basic scenario: You attend the address of a well known family. One of their number is in custody for a theft matter and you've got a S.18 search authorised to search his home address. Now S.18 would cover you to search the premesis for any evidence related to the theft offence or simllar offences right? and you could search the premesis to the extent necesssary to find any of the above evidence. But what if for whatever lawful reason you want to search the occupants of the house? S23 MDA could obviously be used if the grounds f…

  9. linksys
    Started by linksys * ,

    I live in a fairly built up area just outside London and one person repeatedly believes he's god when it comes to drink driving, constantly pushing the boundaries of what constitutes 'one glass' (he jokes that if the glass isn't empty before re-filling it it's the same 'glass'). About 10 days ago I watched him drink a whole bottle of white wine while he promised he was getting a taxi home. When leaving he then announced he was infact 'fine' to drive and despite his friends pleading with him not too he retorted "You're not my f***ing mother" and proceeded to get into his 4x4 Porsche. He looked incapable of walking, let alone seeing cyclists etc on his 20 minute drive home …

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 3.8k views
  10. cpcnick

    just a quick question if there is no road markings on the road except a solid white line in the middle of the road on the opposite side and on your side a broken (short) white lines on your side is it illegal to park !, going by what i have read it would be illegal if i was parked on the solid white line side but not on the broken white line side, could some one who knows please answer the above question.....oh i have about 20 days left to either pay this fine (if i am in the wrong then i have no problem in paying) but thats what i need to know !, the ticket was given by a police officer which was stuck on my car front window. The ticket reads illegally parked on double…

    • 8 replies
    • 7.2k views
    Administrative Account
  11. wannabe86
    Started by wannabe86 * ,

    Hello all... I am from Northern Ireland, and have always wanted to join the police. I am 25 and have tried numerous times to join PSNI but have failed due to the 50/50. Now the 50/50 is over, but there is a recruitment freeze to 2013. However Strathclyde is recruiting, and that has always been a very close second choice. My choice once I hopefully get into PSNI is hopefully after my probation is to become a SFO. I personally think that PSNI SOB HMSU is second to none within the UK (please do not start any arguments its a humble OPINION), however, I was wondering what Strathclyde are like with their SFO, firearms team etc. I cannot find much info online... Any guidance, in…

    • 1 reply
    • 2.9k views
  12. Stoneman
    Started by Stoneman,

    Hi all, Was wondering if you could take the time to help me. I have 2 cars as I have recently purchased a new one. I plan to sell my old car and I have some questions on how best to insure it. My current insurance policy shall transfer over to the new car, but for the old car I need to insure that under a different policy for the duration it takes to sell it. Which could be days, weeks or months. The insurance options are very expensive, more so than what it currently is before the transfer by a little bit. The legal bit.... my current insurance policy allows me to drive any car “third party,†so would it be legal to be insured on my new car whilst my old one re…

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 2.6k views
  13. ds15
    Started by ds15,

    Evening everybody, I'm trying to work out if the law would be being broken for a citizen to arrest a person who is wanted. The law states that it is permissible for any person to arrest: Anyone who is in the act of committing an offence, or whom the arrestor has reasonable grounds for suspecting to be in the act of committing an offence, or Where an offence has been committed, anyone who is guilty of that offence or whom the arrestor has reasonable grounds for suspecting to be guilty of it If a citizen was arresting a wanted person, it would appear that the citizen making the arrest can use the second point to justify the arrest. In addition; In order for the arrest …

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. Protector109
    Started by Protector109,

    Had my rear L plate snapped off whilst at work today, whilst reporting it I was told it needs to be examined as in comes under 'theft from motor vehicle' which means I cannot replace it until that inspection has been done. As I need to ride tomorrow (to get a new l plate and to get to work) I need some ways to fix a magnetic one temporally. So what I'd like to know is, what laws cover the placement of L/D plates on a motorbike. Having searched all I can come up with is the Motor Vehicle Regulations 1996 which covers the style of L/D plates, but not the placement. Thanks

    • 12 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Police Constable 1 +
  15. Stoneman
    Started by Stoneman,

    There is a huge American car which parks on the side of my road. A couple of times he has pulled out in front of me. I stopped yesturday to look at his car, and all of the windows front and back are very well tinted, you can hardly see inside. Like REALLY dark. I know for a fact he can't always see me clearly when i'm driving down the road as he pulls out in-front of me and others. Having tinted front windows while driving is against the law. What can I do to get him reported? He doesn't have British plates. I've also seen him undertake and use the motorway like he thinks he playing some racing game. Thanks in Advance.

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 885 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.