England & Wales
4557 topics in this forum
-
As the title what's the specific offence? Perverting the course of justice? Obstruct police? Thanks in advance
-
I won't go in to much detail with this as it's complicated. I was apart of the police investigation from Feb 2010 to March 2011, it went to the crown court in Nottingham and my step dad was found guilty of several child sex offences against me and my cousin. The trial ended in March but since then I have been having problems with my family, most of them have turned there back on me and one of my brother's is constantly making allegations against me to the police of harassment. When the trial did end I did sent him a message via facebook and the police did come and warned me not to say anything else and I haven’t! Last week when I was out the same p…
-
Stop a person in the street, constantly uses the F*** word, warned a number of times, continues to use expletive. Locked up for S.5 POA. It was in a public place, can't say if anyone else around although I was alarmed at the amount of times F*** word was used. Was arrest lawful?
-
-
- 58 replies
- 37.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Having been away from this side of things for a while I was wondering on you go about dealing with counter allegations... Its my understanding that we cant investigate a counter allegation until we have finished dealing with original suspect. What happens when you NFA your suspect and they immediately say I want to make a complaint against so and so. Should it be a different officer? Can their interview be used as their "statement" or would you proceed to take a formal written statement? Anyone else with experience of this?
-
Having spent many of my duty hours around the local hospital of late, I've been whiling away the time by thinking about the offence of causing a nuisance or disturbance on NHS premises [s.119 & 120 Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008]. I notice that while ambulances are included in the definition of "NHS premises", S.119/120 CJIA only applies if the ambulance is on NHS hospital grounds at the time. I wonder, though, whether there are any equivalent powers to deal with people who misbehave on ambulances whilst off the grounds.
-
Is it just me or are cyclists the bane of road tax paying motorists? They pay no road tax, disregard road safety and laws and whinge when motorists knock them off. Then they think it acceptable to ride 2 abreast on a country road with solid White lines? I knock em off for jumping red lights, riding on the footway, no lights, brakes or road sense. It's great to see them
-
-
- 13 replies
- 2.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi A man I know very well has no licence and regularly drink drives with his little girl in the car. For various reasons with his ex-partner social services have been involved with his little girl who lives with him. I want to know the best way to anonymously report him to make sure he receives the full wrap. I need to be 100% my report / phone call will be totally anonymous. The reason for asking the best way to report, is that he has already been reported for driving without a licence with his little girl in the car to the social services by his ex-partner and all he received was a letter from them stating not to drive with his little girl with no licence! Thanks.…
-
Can someone please expalin the definition of unlawfully at large. Scenario- vehicle stops of its own accord. Officer speaks to the driver and passenger. Police are distracted by another incident across the road and the driver disappears into an address. Police immeditately knock at the address and ascetain the driver's details via a family member who answers the door. Checks reveal the driver to be disqualified;is the driver now unlawfully at large giving officers the power to enter under sec 17. Thanks
-
- 23 replies
- 21.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello, firstly I would like to state I am not here to slag the police off or to "troll" or anything of that nature, and would like to say thankyou to keeping my family safe due to recent events. Ok so I really would like the forums views and opinions on my situation please.. On Monday 23rd Aug, my wife and mother of my two children went out at 3 in the afternoon and has not returned and has made no communication at all. This is not the first time this has happened. My wife suffers with a personality disorder and recently diagnosed with post natal depression after the birth of our daughter.. She also has had problems with drug addictions for a long time although she has…
-
After a little chat with a chap from VOSA; i was informed that any vehicle can be driven to a VOSA station and back without number plates as long as its insured and pre booked for an approval test. How come?
-
Hi, I am wondering if anyone has dealt with case, which involves a member of family unhappy at there current circumstance due to a domestic issue. Firstly, the person is a non EU national on a spouse visa claiming domestic abuse how long do these cases last for approximately? Do the police immigration officers apply for further stay or pass it onto lawyers. Also, I understand that police put a tag on the person until case is finally over is this correct. Thanks.
-
http://www.crashbangwallace.com/2011...ement-to-riot/ Jody McIntyre shot to fame (or notoriety) during the student riots. He garnered a lot of publicity by alleging that the police assaulted him and pushed him out of his wheelchair after he had deliberately placed himself at the front line of the riots in Westminster. Far from being just a run-of-the-mill student, though, it swiftly turned out that he was a hard core hard-left activist who was closely enough involved with the violent disorder that he was apparently part of the group who ended up on the roof of Millbank along with the fire extinguisher-thrower. In May, the IPPC threw out his complaint on the grounds that…
-
This might be foolish question, but after having a quick scan through Blackstone's Handbook for the Special Constabulary, I'm a bit confused. It refers to the "Public Prosecution Service" instead of the "Crown Prosecution Service". e.g. it also states The only reference I can find to a UK PPS is in Northern Ireland, with the exception of this:Link to article on CPS website. Did I miss a memo?
-
So you're on patrol when you notice a vehicle with defects. Let's for example say it's a scooter, with a cut-down L plate and a small number plate. Is there anything wrong with getting a vehicle check for the registered owner's name and address and knocking on their door (providing the scooter is outside said address), asking them to come outside and issuing an FPN for relevant offences?
-
Watching road wars and a car was stopped, the officer stated that the tyres were too wide and that this was illegal - been through my hughes traffic guide and cannot find a thing regarding if this is an offence. Can anyone shed any light on this and how would you deal with this offence. *not sure if this should be in "it's the law" or "scenario city" so feel free to move mods! Sorry should have explained more - too wide as in the tyre came out past the body work of the car by about an inch so these were the widest parts on the car