Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. vincey999
    Started by vincey999,

    What is everyone's experience of these? I know of some officers that issue these upon attending a suspects address - e.g a few words of advice and then issueing the warning.( Though this is a no no for domestics.) Then I know of others that will only issue it following a tape recorded interview. At what point is an interview necessary? Surely if you think the offence is serious enough for an arrest then you should be going for a charge not just handing out a warning...?

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 6.2k views
    TangoBravoVimto
  2. alphagary
    Started by alphagary,

    What would be the consequences if you returned a document to a court with regards to a CCJ using a false name and address? and if you had a CCJ against you you then failed to pay?

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. oddbod
    Started by oddbod,

    Can anyone on here confirm if tractors are subject to lower speed limits than other motor vehicles and point me towards any legislation. My patch has recently expanded into the bordering rural areas and I recently received my first complaint of 'speeding tractors'. Just for once I was lost for words.

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 827 views
  4. Rob8205
    Started by Rob8205,

    These past few days I've been thinking if there's any offences caused if a male was to make off after having an encounter with a prostitute and not paying? Any offences?

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 2.6k views
  5. tonnex
    Started by tonnex * ,

    Hi, I am new to this site, so hopefully I will be able to get my points across in a clear manner. Well hear goes! I have come across to two bits of information recently and it is causing me a bit of concern. Concern for the following reasons: 1) It was something I was not aware of. 2) If its true (and this is why I am hoping to gain some insight from this forum), then I would find it very hard not to take it on board and just to carry on as usual. Anyway the first piece of information was a pamphlet written by Ex-chairman of the Police Federation Jan Berry entitle "The Office Of Constable,The Bedrock Of Modern Day Policing"he this pamphlet cane be found on the follow…

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. E29NP1546080952
    Started by E29NP1546080952,

    I had a little 50cc stolen a couple of days ago, it was found burnt out today. No great loss as it was 7 years old, recently suffered a fuel leak and cracked exhaust and would never have passed it's MOT next month. My question is, I called the DVLA to inform them of the theft, I was told I didn't have to do anything as my local constabulary would inform them. Is this true?? Also I take it that my local station will inform the DVLA that the bike has been destroyed too I cant find the V5 and there's no way I paying £20 odd to get a replacement so I can fill in the back section to say the bike has been destroyed!

    • 11 replies
    • 2.5k views
  7. Mossycat
    Started by Mossycat,

    Genuine question. As I understand the law it is perfectly legal to own a firearm that has been deactivated, but what is the law regarding buying a firearm that isn't deactivated and then taking it to be deactivated. The gun in question is a WW2 German pistol, which is apparently in working order (in as much as it probably hasn't been fired since 1945 but has never been deactivated). Would the buyer be breaking any laws in either buying it or in transporting it to the place of deactivation, would the seller be breaking any laws (apart from the obvious one that he shouldn't actually have it). I'm kind of hoping that it's a bit like the MOT situation on a car, you can't…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. Militroncho
    Started by Militroncho,

    Hi!!!! I'm a Police Officer in Mallorca and I would like tell you something to share opinions!!!! First of all I hope you can understand me. Here in Mallorca there are many vehicles from UK (UK plate number), these vehicles don´t have the export certificate, no MOT and no TAX DISC. Looking the web http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/ the status is SORN or UNlicenceD. They tell me this is only valid in UK, not in Spain and if they have theirs cars in Spain don´t have to pay de tax disc. Reading the UK legislation, drive a SORN or UNlicenceD vehicle, is an offence. Here in Spain we fine for not having a valid licence and immobilize the vehicle till register …

    • 40 replies
    • 3.3k views
  9. little alex
    Started by little alex,

    Being that I have future aspirations to become a police officer I need to stay within the law. So what is the law with relation to using vegetable oil as fuel to run my car, not planning on 100% but 50 diesel:50 oil during the summer and 70 diesel:30 oil during the winter. My current understanding is that I have a 15000 mile a year allowance for non business use before I am required to pay extra tax on top which would destroy the benefits. So what do people think? Am I good to start with the veg or is some form of registration required? Many thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  10. Geraintm6
    Started by Geraintm6,

    im bored and i feel like watching a film, already seen hot fuzz and enjoyed it, anyone know any others?

  11. supermancss
    Started by supermancss,

    If test was passed pre 1997 so entitlement to D1-9-16passengers on minibus and C1- large vehicles between 3.5tonnes and 7.5tonnes. Looking to drive a Bus, double decker or single decker. Could a double decker bus with seats taken out and carry for example 5 passengers+1driver be done on a D1 licence? Are there any weight restrictions for D1? Any ideas ?

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 2k views
  12. securitas88
    Started by securitas88,

    1. When a sign refers to loading does it also include picking up and setting down passengers? The reason I ask this is because there is a road near where I live which has recently been shut off to most motor vehicles but on the sign it says, "except loading." Does that mean I can drive along that road to pick up or drop off people. 2. One of my relatives told me a story of how he was walking his dog with a friend and saw someone on a motorbike stopped and about to drive down a byway with a no motor vehicle sign (I think there was a TRO in place). The sign said "except for access." When confronted the biker said he was a policeman and that he was allowed to use the path b…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. mr_west
    Started by mr_west * ,

    Hello All! This should be an interesting topic if you are into cars, football or celebrities... If you're a traffic cop, or if you just like to read interesting posts. I recently came across a photo of a footballers' car on the internet. It was Frank Lampards Dark Blue Ferrari 458 Italia (I know red always looks better on a ferrari, but he plays for Chelsea... So I half understand). This is the latest mid engined 2 seater supercar from the Italian firm, so it was probably only built and registered in 2010/11. The reason why I came across the image is because I had seen many photo's and videos of this particular vehicle... On and Off public roads... In and Outsid…

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 12k views
  14. seanMcd
    Started by seanMcd * ,

    a guy i know was stopped last year in dublin and charged with drink driving - banned for 2 years........he is english and moved back to the uk soon after the case and i recently discovered he still drives around over there........what do i do...?? It wasnt the first time he only had his licence back about a year or two....so it wont be the last!!

    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
  15. ThomasD
    Started by ThomasD,

    Good evening. Can you let me have a copy of a report for a DV and abuse incident please, that's suitable for court evidence? What are the main and necessary parts of this type of report please? Thank you.

    • 3 replies
    • 684 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.