Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. Mossycat
    Started by Mossycat,

    I'll start off with an apology to the forum because I only ever post when I get asked something I don't know the answer to. Local kids have discovered an old mineshaft, abandoned a good number of years ago and housing estate now built on the land above, the entrance to the mine appears to have been at one time sealed up but is now accessible. As you will no doubt appreciate word has spread amongst the local kids and quite a few of them have ventured deeper and deeper. Obviously parents are worried to say the least so I asked our local community policeman who advised that if it was within this area they would attend and seal up the entrance to make it safe/secure but res…

    • 3 replies
    • 977 views
  2. Alpha Victor 11546620647
    Started by Alpha Victor 11546620647,

    Hi all, Recently came across the video of two security guards assaulting (in my opinion) a film-maker. I would like to know what your view is on it. Also has the security guard(s) committed an offence? Thank you.

  3. glastofest
    Started by glastofest * ,

    Hi. I have a car stereo which has a dvd player with a screen in the head unit of the dashboard. I have no intention of ever using the DVD player as I only bought this model because it takes USB and SD cards for MP3's. My question is, would I or could I be stopped by the police if I was just using the unit to play MP3, CD or radio broadcasts ? And, no, it hasn't been hooked up to the parking brake but the DVD's can still play (even though I have no intention of EVER doing this). Please advise. The stereo is a Ripspeed 733B with a very small screen....even though the DVD screen will never be used.

    • 7 replies
    • 6.1k views
  4. sam the man
    Started by sam the man,

    Hi all, Short and simple: I was wondering today that if you arrest for a public order offence, what condition are you using under IDCOPPLAN? Thanks all

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 60.7k views
  5. Bravo
    Started by Bravo,

    If I was to sell alcohol or cigarettes (for instance) on ebay, either re-sale or from wholesale, Would that be allowed? OR Am I required to hold licences to permit such activities?

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. Volunteer south
    Started by Volunteer south,

    Hi Im currently going through vetting procedures to volunteer for the met police in the front desk capacity and am filling in my medical questionnaire. Im currently on the minimal dose of antidepressant for mild anxiety and depression, should this be a problem? Im going to be at the front desk, and also im currently in full time employment and university so im very well put together and functioning! ! Id appreciate any input from who understands a bit about it! Thanks!

  7. Londonbased
    Started by Londonbased,

    Transport for London has introduced new Railway Byelaws which apply to London Underground, London Overground and Docklands Light Railway. They have also introduced new Road Transport Premises Byelaws applicable to Buses. See link www.tfl.gov.uk/termsandconditions/5004.aspx

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 3.1k views
  8. cjeggenton
    Started by cjeggenton,

    I was driving round my quiet road to the main junction, where I could see a small black cat rolling around quite violently and out of control in the middle of the road. Being a cat owner I know my cat will roll around to scratch its back in the middle of the street ( general cat behaviour ) but this poor thing didnt notice the sound of my car. It was at this point I decided to take a closer look as I did not want to chance driving past and the cat then put itself underneath my car wheels. Unfortunatly I was greeted with quite a grusome sight of a poor cat that had been hit very hard by another car (which had driven off), and it was clearly in a state of shock, and I fel…

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 3.6k views
    Rorschach1546081239
  9. Black Rabbit
    Started by Black Rabbit,

    Just a quick question. I'm led to believe that a parked vehicle is only causing an obstruction in the above scenario, if said vehicle is preventing egress from a private driveway and not, if it's preventining the property owner's access to the driveway from the highway. is this correct?

  10. marralass
    Started by marralass,

    There are 2 common scenarios for doorstaff which are always going to be problematic. The first is a drunk coming to the door and being refused entry but not going away or trying to get in. The other is someone getting drunk inside an being escorted out. The crux of both problems is the same. The point at which doorstaff intervene, is by definition, the point at which the person becomes unsteady on their feet. That defines the point where someone who is not causing any trouble is deemed too drunk to be on the premises. Because they are unsteady on their feet, there is the possibility of them falling over with no outside influence whatsoever. (I have seen some absolute …

    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views
  11. enzoxk
    Started by enzoxk,

    Hi, Just wondered if there are police colleges in London, since I need to start picking my college or what college shall I go to, to do public services. I've been checking different colleges but not sure what colleges offer the best public services course. Any help will be appreciated, Enzo

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  12. randombobby
    Started by randombobby,

    Now that there are increasing numbers of police on bikes including specials it would be interesting to know what kind of operating procedures you have been given with respect to jumping lights, going down one way streets and lights/sirens. We were told by our trainers that it was a grey area, although speaking to colleagues, it seems its generally acceptable to jump lights etc on bikes...

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 3.8k views
  13. IrateShrike
    Started by IrateShrike +,

    If a person driving a car is stopped and there are grounds for a constable to suspect that person is a terrorist, can the vehicle as well as the person be searched under S43? The legislation under S43 under makes no mention of vehicles, so would a warrant under S42 have to be obtained to search the car also?

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.6k views
  14. Airflow
    Started by Airflow,

    What is meant by this in terms of drink driving? Is it something to do with impairement, or is it just the breat testing procedure at the Police station? What does/is the 'statutory procedure'?

    • 5 replies
    • 912 views
  15. JJLIA
    Started by JJLIA,

    Hi all, No need for disclaimer as this isn't requesting legal advice, just curious as to the implementation of this particular "law" Is a true that a vehicle designed to carry 8 passengers or more can use a bus lane? Many Thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 942 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.