England & Wales
4557 topics in this forum
-
Hi guys, Just a quick thought. I heard recently that 60% of crime is commited on the nights of friday and saturday. And the majority of this is alcohol related. If this is true, what is the cost of policing this, the cost of keeping a custody over night, the cost to hospitals for caring for victims. Are these costs equal to or less than the income the government recieves from alcohol? I realise that this is probably an easy answer and that it is nowhere near the income recieved. Just for the record im not saying ban alcohol or anti government revenue whatever. I am just interested in the figures. Thanks guys, JB
-
- 4 replies
- 760 views
- 2 followers
-
-
I had a wallet taken from me during a search, it was in the inside pocket of a jacket that I wasn't wearing at the time, it was in my parents house. I was arrested, booked in interviewed and released. At no time was my wallet mentioned, it wasn't until I phoned the arresting officer that I was told "Yeh, we've got it and we're keeping it as evidence". It took me 4 months to get it back and on its return of the original £325 that was in it there was now £120. I immediately made a formal complaint at which I was told " It wasn't one of our officers it must have been your mother or father and if you don't leave it at that we'll arrest them for it". I replied"You might ha…
-
- 10 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello people I'm trying to get a fix on what is and isn't a road under the RTA and after reading a lot of case law im still not actually sure, so far A car park is seldom bordering on never a road A track/path for the passage of people or vehicles or animals is a road under case law and the the wildlife and countryside act ( as referenced in the RTA) section 34) unless its a designated footpath ie on an OS map as an official footpath So hypothetically, a canal towpath not included on an official register IS a road, as its designed for the passage of animal so you can legally drive on it, where as a carpark isnt a road and unless you have lawfull excuse to go on you …
-
I'm aware of the 'Statistics on Race and the Criminal Justice System' give a limit break down of race and crime. http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20110218135832/http://rds.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs05/s95race04.pdf However, this is a very limited report as it doesn't breakdown type of crime by race, or interracial crime, i.e white on black, black on black. Are these stats available?
-
- 2 replies
- 795 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm annoyed about this as it affects my career and my part-time job. My ex-partner went to the police and alledged I sent her text messages after the relationship finished, had hacked her email account, and that I possess indecent pictures of her. All through the relationship she told me never to let her walk, I though I was doing the right thing, told her to come back etc etc. She'd walked before and texting her got her to come back. As soon as she told me to stop, I STOPPED. A week later I got a call from the police stating shes alledged harassment, I'd hacked her email and that I had pictures of her. Officer gave me a verbal warning, I take it this amounted to a …
-
-
- 9 replies
- 8.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hi could someone help me. tonight my elderly mother was visited by a gentleman attempting to reposses my car,i use the term my car loosely as i am the registered owner but not the driver, my mate drives and keeps the car. at the moent it is three months behind in payments my mate was paying it but as i am in the process of sequstraion has stopped paying for the car also the car is in a garage being repaired due to an engin fault i no longer speak to my mate and he has not told me where the car is. this is the problem the guy told my mother that therre was a warrant out for my arrest and that the police would raid the the house to get me tomorrow i have already told the …
-
Hello, Looking for some advice or any experience on the below issues I have been having really bad problems with people being a foot or two over the white lines outside my drive so its makes me unable to see left or right the only way to get out is by slowing nudging which is not safe the amount of times I have nearly lost my bumper. From what I understand there's not really anything that can be done about this. But now a local has taken it to a new level there is a small space outside my front door that can fit a small car, about 2ft away from my door and he now parks there, its not a parking space I think he is just taking the biscuit or is it just me? How would yo…
-
Ok a quick question for you guys. My boss paid a visit to BnQ on the week end and bought around £90 worth of wood and a set of jigsaw blades at £16. He went to the check out the guy put it all through and he paid, but as he went out the door the security guard stopped him and asked to chec his reciept. The blades were not on there, he was taken to a back room where the police were called and he had to sign a caution( not sure what it was) with a fixed fine of £80. He was gutted and very embarrassed but was not given a chance to explain it was a mix up.He just signed it and went on his way. (even thought they actually over charged him for the goods he paid for) he is…
-
Just a quick question in regards to both offences. If a person is carrying a blade less than 3 inches (which would rule out blades and points unless its a lock knife) would you therefore arrest for carrying an intended Offensive Weapon? For example, a small razor blade which is secreted in their pocket (actually that could be an adapted off weap!) I seen a similar arrest last night which confused me slightly.
-
Hi there, I was wondering if I could get a positive answer on the legality of the topic subject. I drive a tipper for a living and I have had for the last 8 1/2 years a pair of blue LED's on my dashboard. This has never caused a problem, i've never been tugged and told to turn them off etc, however when I get back to the yard tonight i'm told that a 'member of the public' has phoned up to complain about them. Apparently said 'MOP' told the guy at work that he wasn't going to take it any further but as they're illegal i've got to take them out. They didn't leave any details but being told the time of call etc I have an idea where the call may have come from. So where …
-
Hi there I was wondering if anyone can help me, I was playing football earlier today and after smiling when one of the opposing players got sent off one their players proceeded to aggressively come after me. After running backwards for 20-30 metres trying to apologise I backed into the posts at which point the man punched me in the face several times, grappled with me, put me onto the floor and starting kicking my back. At which point players from the other pitch came to my aid. The opposing team were quite possibly the most horrible bunch of people I have ever come across, shouting swearing, even spitting in the refs face and have now been banned from the league. I ha…
-
- 2 replies
- 964 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I know that some years ago the law was changed to allow someone to be retried if they were originally acquitted but then significant new evidence came to light. Can this apply if someone has been convicted then acquitted at appeal? Suppose someone is convicted of a bank robbery on mostly circumstantial evidence with the money never being recovered. They appeal on the grounds that the jury were biased by press coverage or some piece or evidence shouldn't have been allowed and get acquitted. Then some significant amount of evidence is found such as the money being found in their former house as it is being renovated. Could they be retried in that circumstance?
-
It really annoys me that people without children constantly abuse the parent and parking bays at my local LIDL. All for the sake of about an extra 30 feet. What ive also noticed is that it appears to be the more affluent people who abuse it the most, with their Audis, BMWs, Lexus and Mercs. It actually annoys me more than people without blue badges parking in disabled bays, only because the majority of people i see with blue badges parking in disabled bays dont appear to have a problem with walking.
-
-
- 44 replies
- 8.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Just a quick one, that's had me baffled!! In the force where I am there is "Aide Memoires" with the offence code in relation to Fixed penalties for Traffic offences etc. I have been looking at the fact it is possible to issue a person with an endorsable fixed penalty in reation to driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence which is 3 points and a fine, however.... I have 3 different tickets, do I issue the Endorsable ticket, or is there one that I dont have which needs to be given? Also, I've been watching a few police programes on TV and is it possible to issue someone with a ticket for having no insurance? and again which would that be? I cant seem to find i…
-
Hi there, I was wondering if I could get a positive answer on the legality of the topic subject. I drive a tipper for a living and I have had for the last 8 1/2 years a pair of blue LED's on my dashboard. This has never caused a problem, i've never been tugged and told to turn them off etc, however when I get back to the yard tonight i'm told that a 'member of the public' has phoned up to complain about them. Apparently said 'MOP' told the guy at work that he wasn't going to take it any further but as they're illegal i've got to take them out. They didn't leave any details but being told the timeof call etc I have an idea where the call may have come from. So where …
-
- 1 reply
- 920 views
- 1 follower
-