Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. 777
    Started by 777,

    I was recently interviewing a suspect who was arrested for harassment of his ex-partner by sending constant nuisance text messages. When he was arrested his house was searched for any mobile phones and 4 seized. I assume this was done under s32 of PACE after arrest In custody he was searched and had another mobile phone on him which was also seized, again under s32 I assume. My question is, was the search and seizure of the 2 mobiles from his home address 'legal'? As I thought harassment (NOT putting them in fear of violence) was triable summarily only and therefore you could not perform a s32 search under PACE after arrest? Also was the phone seized off his persona l…

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 2.8k views
  2. sparkydale
    Started by sparkydale,

    I'm watching Gypsy Blood: True Stories on Channel 4 (possibly on 4OD later) and there's been a scene showing a group of travellers watching a "chicken fight" as named by one of the travellers doing the voiceover at the time. Is this not illegal? If so, what offences* are committed by the owners, the people watching (including children in the film). If it ISN"T illegal, what loophole are they using to get round this? Would there be a way to police this using Ways and Means Act? *Apart from taste, decency, moral etc. Not really a scenario, just an interesting point of law that's highlighted on the telly now. Please and thank you

    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
  3. vickib
    Started by vickib * ,

    Hi all im new to this so please excuse me if i dont get this quite right but i need a bit f information if posible...... I was recently headbutted in a pub by my ex boyfriend but have chosen not to give a statement however it was all on cctv and a few witnesses gave a statement at the time of offence. He is currently bound over for fighting with a man a few months back but im wandering if they can still prosecute even though i have not given a statement and if so what would the charge be? Many many thanks

  4. leezy_1
    Started by leezy_1,

    hi, my name is Alan, i live in the Manchester area, and i would like to understand why the government are wasting money on police time and efforts to stop people smoking or growing cannabis. i feel that cannabis is not a bad thing, its been around for many years and the police are fighting a losing battle, over six million people use cannabis, its used in medical research,as was lsd back in the usa with the soldiers in the Vietnam war.(but that was ok.?) anyway back to my subject. like i say its a waste of money,should we ban alcohol you think.??? what about cigarettes,should we ban them.???? what do we really know about cannabis..??? i myself have never been educa…

  5. David PD
    Started by David PD,

    Before you laugh or judge or get angry or whatever, i just want to make it clear that this is not a "troll" thread and is not merely some grudge filled "anti-police" thread as i am not anti-police but anti-police state. But I am just conversing with you, as a adult human being to my fellow adult human beings. I'm not in any ways a mad conspiracy theorist (I do not believe 7/7 or 9/11 were inside jobs), but history tells us that even good societies can turn sour and corrupt and we in the UK are not free from repeating history, since we never really learn it, and certainly not human nature. Please do not give a knee-jerk response like "piss off to North Korea if you think …

  6. Jim Hilton
    Started by Jim Hilton,

    Victim statements. Just a quick one. While I'm doing self study. Eg. Assault , robbery etc. if the ip knows the name of the suspect. Does advokate still need to be added in statements for I'd issues.

  7. joeb23
    Started by joeb23,

    Hello I am writing this as I am not sure what the offence is and possible punishments are relating to this. My girlfriend was on a night out for her birthday and as she was waiting in a takeaway for her friends partner to pick her up when a dispute between her friend and a man began. She told the man to leave the situation but as he declined she informed she pushed him in chest or around that area as she cannot really remember due to being knocked unconcious. Immediatly after this she was punched in the face by the man ( pains me to type the word 'man' in), which knocked her unconcious for around 2 minutes. She was taken to hospital and is suffering from a very severe s…

    Jaydee1546620346
  8. securitas88
    Started by securitas88,

    I thought that it was not an offence per se to resist arrest, except "assault with intent to resist arrest" (S38 Offences Against the Person 1861). But, looking at S89 (2) of the Police Act 1996, it mentions resisting a constable in the execution of his duties. Could this be used to prosecute offenders who resist arrest without actually assualting anyone (eg: running away from a constable attempting to make an arrest)? "Any person who resists or wilfully obstructs a constable in the execution of his duty, or a person assisting a constable in the execution of his duty, shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding…

    • 5 replies
    • 3.9k views
  9. Jim Hilton
    Started by Jim Hilton,

    Hello again. Can someone answer this easy question that I probably know. Try to issue a s27 notice to leave after acting antisocially and alcohol present amongst the group but the bloke is not drink (and disorderly ) They kind of refuse to allow me to fill out the form as keep trying to go. Is this then enough to arrest for failing to comply. Or does the form need to be fully completed ten they refuse. Also. S50 polce reform act - if they have been antisocial I can ask name and address for the form. If they refuse can be arrested under s24 pace. But why would u actually arrest for. And what crime goes on the box. Hope all that makes sense.

  10. modone
    Started by modone * ,

    Hi I’m a admin on a facebook closed group, we recently had an issue with a member who was temporarily also an admin. She found herself in discussions that ended up been almost a bun fight , a lot of the times due to clash of personalities. She had particular issues with two members who she accused of bullying, the first she threatened him with legal action although he hadn’t actually as far as I could see done much more than stand his corner in a discussion . The second lives in Spain (UK citizen) and he did become overheated and he did on a few occasions insult her which he was asked to apologise for and the comment was removed. She then accused him of messaging her w…

    kester1546080880
  11. Laurenwilson
    Started by Laurenwilson * ,

    Me and my boyfriend were fighting and I put my hand up and admit I did provoke the attack, we were both intoxicated. He breached bail 2 times an got remanded in a young offenders. His lawyer made a deal with the pf to lower his serious assault to an assault which they did and also his lawyer wants them to drop the breaches so he can plead guilty on Tuesday. He's been on remand since November 3rd and he was previously on probation for serious assault, what will the outcome be??

  12. Alexandra Towers
    Started by Alexandra Towers * ,

    My boyfriend and I are planning to go to a festival in the summer and really cant afford the extortionate prices the hotels in the local area are charging so we thought we might be able to sleep in our car. Is there any law against this and should we expect an awakening? Also is there anywhere we can legally park over night as we have seen a few cases of motorists being fined at service stations for overstays? Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

  13. Adamski1546081335
    Started by Adamski1546081335 +,

    Hi guys, We just spent the last weekend in training talking about Theft, Going Equipped and so on, but I thought of a question on the way to work this morning which I'm not really sure I know the answer to. Let's hypothetically say that someone is reported in relation to a theft, and someone matching all of the descriptive points is found. He's in the right place at the right term, and the Officer that finds him thinks that this warrants a search. The suspect is searched, and about his person they find tools that could constitute going equipped, as well as the items reported stolen. Can he be arrested for Theft and for Going Equipped, or would he just be done for the "…

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.7k views
  14. dublinsm
    Started by dublinsm * ,

    If a person gets arrested for a minor offence (drunk and disorderly) and is from another country, do the police just deal with it normally or do they check with police in the country the person is from to confirm their address and details? Also do they notify your home country police that you were arrested?

  15. AdamC
    Started by AdamC,

    Around early December I was involved in a traffic operation during which I stopped a vehicle for speeding and found the driver to be a provisional licence holder and not to be having a third party policy covering the use of his vehicle. The driver was given a notice of intended prosecution for the speeding, driving otherwise in accordance and for no insurance and had his vehicle seized for his troubles. My question is that I haven't had any time to complete a summons file yet and I've been taken ill and will be off duty for around 2 months, what sort of timescale do I have to summons him after a NIP has been given? Thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 2.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.