Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. CO4138
    Started by CO4138 * ,

    No, not that type! The forum/facebook type! Guys, if a picture is posted on a forum of a serving soldier/police/any public service, and releasing details of the photographee's name, town etc is there any crime being committed if the poster does not remove it when asked? I did report an incident but backed out and cancelled a meeting with an officer because I thought after a few days it may be removed..... Now, however, I am not so sure! Thanks

  2. Burnsy2023
    Started by Burnsy2023,

    True or nonsense? The offence of being uninsured on a public road is applicable so surely you can do a check?

      • Like
    • 52 replies
    • 8.1k views
  3. IanMckay
    Started by IanMckay * ,

    Hi, I was wondering if there is someone on here can help me with reporting my case. Basically My email accounts were hacked (I have been told probably by a key logger). This gave them access to a poker client where I had a substantial sum of money in there. They cleared that out and the client have been more then unhelpful trying to recover it. I have taken the necessary precautions to stop this happening again but I am still minus the money. Ian

  4. MC1
    Started by MC1,

    If I have my car insurance registered to an address other than my own, simply because it is cheaper, what is the offence? I'm thinking fraud, but is there an offence which fits better? Similarly, if I have the wrong address on my driving licence, does that constitute driving otherwise in accordance with a licence?

      • Like
    • 54 replies
    • 5.8k views
  5. WhynP
    Started by WhynP * ,

    Hello all, I am currently writing a crime novel and in the interests of accuracy I am hoping some kindly soul on this forum will help me out. 1. Under the F.O.I. act would a member of the public be able to access documents relating to a closed police investigation into a series of murders (by which I mean one in which a successful prosecution has been made)? 2. If so, how would said person go about doing it and what type of documents would they obtain? 3. Can a member of the public find out the names of police personnel involved in a closed investigation? (e.g. who the S.I.O. was, the statement reader, etc) 4. If so, how would they go about contacting one of the offi…

  6. cassie123
    Started by cassie123 * ,

    Hi , Can anyone help me please I am really having a bad time with my ex I split up with her last september in which we have been amicable both got own places but in january we fell out as i had an argument with her mother so she phoned the police saying that she had told me to stop texting but she hadnt it seemed farsical as she had my house key and kept coming round so after the police had been i was given an harrasment warning which i found was un called for as she had never stopped texting and i showed them my phone so they said they would have a word i didnt think it seemed fair me getting an harrassment warning as she had made false allegations .so i havent contac…

  7. peace4all
    Started by peace4all * ,

    Good Evening, I have come across your website as my wife was going through a case of stalking. A very long story short - Before I met my wife, in 2004 she got married to a man on a lot of false pretences and subsequently spent 5 years of mental and physical abuse. In the duration of 5 years they ended up with 2 children which she had to go to court to try and settle residence (She was also raped by the x-husband after leaving him and although he was charged, the Jewry were unable to come out with a majority conviction) . After leaving him she tried to get assistance from a religious priest, as being religious herself, she wanted to try and do things according to relig…

    Kopite1546619987
  8. jokerjets17
    Started by jokerjets17,

    Hi all, I have a quick question. I am a serving officer. If you seize some CCTV for a MOWP and from the footage you get a good look at the suspect and the index of the vehicle, would it be bad practice in terms of identification procedures to establish the RO's name from PNC and then view the RO's photo on Police systems and provide an MG11 identifying the RO from this photo and the CCTV? Obviously the other option is to do a call on and bottom it out that way and I'm sure most people's first action would be to try and sort it civilly but for this example it needs to be pursued...... Thanks in advance

    • 3 replies
    • 864 views
  9. TheRagedP

    Hi My question is in relation to a school which has a clique of vindictive rumour-mongers who have been doing things like calling the police on parents and accusing them of various offences (unsubstantiated) making anonymous calls to social services claiming neglect and child abuse (in many cases these claims have been investigated and the parents cleared) fabricating rumours about other parents and spreading them in the playground backing each other up to give their lies the vague appearance of validity (e.g. "I was there, I saw it") Forming a crowd when harassing their victim but using "passive aggressive" tactics (e.g. snide remarks, path-blocking etc) Coo…

  10. NewhamSC
    Started by NewhamSC,

    So tonight I went into my local bookies to stick a bet on the football, when entered the staff asked me about this carrier bag that had been left there by a customer and has been there for a number of hours. I felt the bag and felt something soft and boney in there, I told the staff I thought it was some sort of animal so I was going to look. Upon opening the bag a little bit I see a tiny black and white paw sticking out. I open it further to see a dead kitten just said there. I told the staff they should contact the RSPCA which they did and the kitten is awaiting to be removed. What offences has the owner committed by dumping the dead kitten in the bookies?

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 2k views
  11. abcd!!234

    Hello My question is relating to a case at my school. The case is well sort of over now, I decided not to follow up and rquested the police to let the guy off with a warning. A few days back, a "friend" of mine for no clear reason, decided to sling a Blu-Ray case at me. This was done with considerable force and from a distance of just over 4-5 feet. Before the battery, he was slandering at me as well, which sort of indicated some intent. I called up 999 as soon as I had cleared up and managed all the dripping blood. I do remember the case leaving his hand, and striking me around the optical-nasal area. I had deffinately hurt my nose and the nose bridge of my glasses ha…

    Iceweasel1546620801
  12. Anna32
    Started by Anna32 +,

    OK, so in the last few days it's become obvious that I need to get some new knives, both for myself and as a gift for my Christmas hosts (since I don't ever intend to repeat the experience of trying to slice vegetables for Christmas dinner with a small, blunt, serrated blade that bends in the middle if you prod it). I'm comparing several ranges at the moment, but now I just need to work out how to get them home legally, since they're obviously hard to buy online. I've seen a similar question come up before but mostly in the context of Outdoor activities, and the OP is always very clear that the knife wouldn't be over 3" in length, and so on. The thing is, mine would be- …

  13. kazi
    Started by kazi * ,

    hi can anyone answer my question 15years ago a police officer arrested me for assault on himself,which went to court and i was conficted,the apparant assult was a x partner had been arrested on criminal damage to my fathers car,he was arrested on a entry to my home we was all outside when my home telephone starting ringing,i went to gain entry to my property when the officer concerned stoppd me with his arms resulting to a graze on his arm off the side of my home and a scratched watch,threw this i was convicted of assault,i now want to go into employment caring for the elderly which i,ll b needed to have a enhancent polic check will this be on my records and affect me get…

  14. Marty McFly1546081284
    Started by Marty McFly1546081284,

    whats the defence for wearing a sgian-dubh as part of highland dress in E&W? in scotland it comes under Section 49 subsection 5 of the Criminal Law (Consolidation) (Scotland) 1995 it should (if similar to scotland) come under the section of whichever law deals with sikhs carrying the kirpan... Edit: Found it! Section 139 subsection 5 ( c) Criminal Justice Act 1988

    • 1 reply
    • 845 views
  15. Wooden Top
    Started by Wooden Top,

    OK - we are well aware it's illegal to drive without road tax and (where applicable) without a valid MOT certificate for the vehicle - I am not questioning that. At the moment I have a vehicle sitting 'off-road' whose MOT and Tax has expired, and I want to start using it again. I would obviously re-insure the car before the date I planned to drive it again. However, I can't get a tax disc until I have the car MOT'd - is it permissable to drive the car to the MOT Testing Station (only a two-minute drive away, but of course that's beside the point) without MOT or Tax? Obviously as soon as the MOT certificate was issued I could purchase the tax disc (by getting a bus to …

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.