Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. lgwarren
    Started by lgwarren,

    Having been stopped for a registration plate offence, I was polite and courteous, but to no avail, I was booked. Whilst the officer took photographic eveidence, I noticed that his headlamp was fogged out with condensation. When I pointed this out to him, his reply was "It still works" then departed. I can assure you that my crime was so minimal that I was surprised to get booked. It was my first stop in 12 years. When I tried to report the offence, I came up against a total barrier. I still feel that this matter needs addressing as not only he broken the Lighting regulations, but he has also ignored his forces policy regarding the driving of police vehicles. How do I de…

  2. S/Sgt
    Started by S/Sgt,

    A neighbor engages in very loud violent arguments within the household and frequently holds drunken parties. Which legislation is best to use, an injunction or closure notice? Section 152 of the Housing Act 1996 or Section 26 of the Anti Social Behavior Act

    • 1 reply
    • 565 views
  3. IrateShrike
    Started by IrateShrike +,

    I have worked with a few custody sergeants who have insisted that some suspects in custody are not charged but instead reported for summons for certain offences. This typically has happened to me when a driver has been arrested on suspicion of excess alcohol, and blows under 40 but there are other document offences to be covered such as no insurance etc. Whilst this makes no odds to me (the file requirements are largely the same), it recently made me question how efficient this actually is. I am of the understanding that when a person is reported for an offence, in order for a summons to be served, somebody (usually a civvy who works in CJU etc) must attend a court and…

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.6k views
  4. HURDLER11546081104
    Started by HURDLER11546081104,

    A colleague informed me of a decision that was made the other day regarding a shoplifter that wasn't prosecuted many years ago. Two females enter a store and one has an empty bag. Female one goes around and collects items of clothing and then places it in female twos empty bag and she then leaves the store. This is repeated on three occassions whereby female one collects the items and puts it in female twos bag and then she leaves empties the bag and returns to the store for more items. This was apparenytly picked up on CCTV footage. Female two gets charged but Female one gets away with it based on the fact that she hasn't left the store with the items. Surley this is wro…

  5. Tony2010
    Started by Tony2010,

    Question is if a father has a legal contact order for a child and the mother on an occassion won't hand the child over can the police become involved straight away?

  6. sean_westmidsbobby
    Started by sean_westmidsbobby,

    Was just watching Homes From Hell which focused on people who were were displaced by squatters. I am aware the law regarding this is civil and not criminal however if some enters a home as a trespasser (as a squatter does on initial entering) and turns the gas on then surely it's burglary and therefore a criminal offence. Most of the homes that these people were squatting in had also been damaged on the inside aswell, again meets the PTP for a BDH in my opinion Your thoughts please guys

    • 23 replies
    • 1.7k views
  7. BenjaminS
    Started by BenjaminS,

    As a cyclist I ride on the road to avoid a FPN as been threatened before with. I may not be able to drive therefore I'm very passionate about drivers being thoughtful to us cyclists. I also care about drivers and like to make them aware I am around. I ride with Raleigh RSP Cycle Lights, I bought the rear light for it's visibility of up to 1500m and I wear a High Visibility bomber jacket. I had my rear light on a slow pulse (It has four settings, Still, Fast Flash, Slow Flash and a weird setting!) I had mine on the third setting and a Volkswagen LT LWB nearly clipped me. The rear of the vehicle came a foot or less near me. I yelled at him because it scared the **** out of …

  8. marksie1988
    Started by marksie1988 +,

    Hi, I am looking for some sites that would help me brush up on the law and also that tells you about law changes/updates. Also what the police powers are ie FPN points fine amounts or arrest etc Not sure if this has been asked I couldn't get a result on search. Thanks Steve

    • 3 replies
    • 988 views
  9. madeyre
    Started by madeyre * ,

    hello i drive an estate car and it is well suited for sleeping in and i have camped out in it many times,i am woundering about sleeping in it whilst drunk,if i hand my keys to the bar person and just have the alarm fob to unlock the motor am i still cassed as drunk in charge?

  10. Hezzy
    Started by Hezzy,

    There are rumours that the City of London police as well as the Metropolitan Police have been using Section 44 of the Terrorism Act to stop and search Occupy LSX protesters. This is a cause of concern for me, as I don't believe these protests can be construed as an act of terrorism as laid out under Section 1 of the Terrorism Act. http://www.legislati...00/11/section/1 It is also alleged that the City of London police have been distributing newsletters that brand the Occupy LSX protesters as domestic terrorists. http://l.yimg.com/os/251/2011/12/05/COLPduh1-cleaned_184915.jpg http://ceasefiremaga...cut-terrorists/ I was also under the impression that the S44 power t…

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.5k views
  11. ManFromMars
    Started by ManFromMars * ,

    Maybe this is not the correct forum to discuss this question, but I have no idea who or where to ask it, so I have signed up to this forum specifically to ask this question in the hope that someone may have the answer or can at least direct me to somewhere that my question could be answered. I should let you know that I am not a constable, and I have only signed up here because the question is highly relevant to policing, and the terms and conditions say that members of the public are entitled to sign up. Without further ado, let me get onto the question. Put very simply, the question is "How do the rights of constables and the thereby subsisting obligations of the pub…

  12. MC1
    Started by MC1,

    When bail is granted to an alleged offender, are there any restrictions or guidelines which officers need to follow? Prisoners are often bailed with conditions such as not to be at a certain address, or not to be in contact with someone. These are common sense approaches, but to what extent can officers impose conditions on a suspects bail?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.8k views
  13. applecart
    Started by applecart * ,

    I was wondering what would the highest sentence be for domestic related common assault, where the perpetrator had only previously recieved a caution for this charge?

    Fishy1546620302
  14. GrantG
    Started by GrantG * ,

    Hello I am in the process of obtaining information regarding a very old arrest that happened to me back in 1995. I need to do this in order to satisfy US visa requirements. I have obtained my ACRO PCN check which reads "No Trace". I am now unsure if my arrest actually lead to a charge or not. I was young at the time, somewhat freaked out about being inside a police station (it was my one and only arrest) so not totally on the ball. The offciers who questioned me said they might caution me but the decision would be left to the Duty Sergeant or whoever the guy was in charge. He spoke to me - well yelled at me more like - and then told me to get out of his sight. I have no …

  15. jonnym
    Started by jonnym,

    Ok, so a lady uses a blue badge that belongs to her mother in a supermarket carpark to park in one of the disabled bays. The mother is at home. No one else in the car. The lady puts the blue badge out on display and walks into the shop to do the weekly shop. We are in a supermarket car park. Now, having loked at the legislation, I think S117 Road Traffic Regulation Act 1994 would cover this - http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1984/27/section/117 I have been debating with a friend as to whether this offences covers the above situation. I argue it does as the legislation covers the physical act of displaying the blue badge when badge holders not present. There is no men…

      • Like
    • 33 replies
    • 4.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.