England & Wales
4557 topics in this forum
-
Hello all, just another quick one, S1 pace search for stolen property in the street, suspect runs off into his own garden, pace says "If a person is in a garden or yard occupied with and used for the purposes of a dwelling or on other land so occupied and used, a constable may not search him in the exercise of the power conferred by this section unless the constable has reasonable grounds for believing— (a)that he does not reside in the dwelling; and (b)that he is not in the place in question with the express or implied permission of a person who resides in the dwelling." then what could you do about it, how could you search , or would it have to be an arrest for s…
-
Hi all, I started a new company last year in the Professional Investigative field and have had a myriad of weird and wonderful cases of late, none of which were too puzzling until the one I have been asked to quote on now. Without going into too much detail, The Met Police has refused help to a mother who is concerned that her 19 year old daughter has left home and doesn't communicate. She just wants to talk with her and make sure she is alright. Obviously, the young lady is well within her rights since she is 18, but the mother is concerned about that her boyfriend is an extremely negative influence and might well be involved with gangs/ and or potential criminal activ…
-
Just wondering what are the regs regarding hair length. I know its supposed to above your collar (for a male), but what about on top? I was wanting to have a mullett again, but that looks out of the question. What about having my hair swept backwards. That would mean its quite long on top, but would still be above the collar. Also are ponytails acceptable for males, because i believe they are on the way back in!
-
-
- 60 replies
- 31.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, i'm currently at college but i'm due to finish the public service course next year and would go on to do something that'll give me the best chance of getting into either the Met Police or surrounding constabularies. Would anyone be able to give me advice on the best way to get in ? I know there's special constables as an option but i don't know if being in the Armed Forces would help ? Or being a security operative whilst doing specials ? Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks.
-
- 11 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello all, I run an investigative agency and picked up a query from an elderly gentleman in the UK from Poland who has a family member here who has apparently committed a crime in Poland against a member of their own family (it was of a financial nature). They wanted to know if I could find the person and if I did find them, how the process would work for the Polish Police to have their warrant effected here in the UK. The individual in question is likely in London. I have to admit, I've never been asked something like this before; I checked over the MET website and I had a browse over Interpol but could find nothing specific on it at all. Does anyone have any recom…
-
http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/crime/hungry_drinker_took_a_bite_out_of_wild_pigeon_carcass_near_children_s_playground_1_3 By Stephanie Steward Published on Thursday 10 November 2011 07:30 A MAN appeared in court charged with biting into a dead wild pigeon near a children’s playground. Robert Drake, aged 39, of Hawke Road, Southbook, Daventry, appeared at Northampton Magistrates’ Court yesterday and pleaded guilty to biting into a dead pigeon carcass in playing fields near New Street in Daventry on September 12. Drake was also charged with committing the offence whilst subject to a conditional discharge imposed on August 22 for a further offence of racial…
-
After an incident at work (for which I wasn't present), it has got me wondering what the offence is for producing and/or attempting to pay with false money? On a separate note is there a specific offence for using a false driving licence or would it come under the Fraud Act? Thanks
-
Hello all. This is my first post. Be gentle I was wondering if Lothian and Borders has a tactical firearms unit? I have been looking around the web but cannot find any sort of details. A simple yes, and whether or not it is full time etc would suffice. I know how paranoid people can be Thank you kindly.
-
my uncle buy stuff on gumtree or ebay quite often mainly faulty, broken laptops the reason he buy faulty or broken laptops because not everyone after them and he is computer tech he repair them and sell them again online ( ebay or gumtree ) higher price then he bought ( home based business ) he make some money out of it he is often worried about the item he buy. Sometimes he buy from ebay so he know who the buyer is but if he buy from gumtree.com it's not always easy to ask for ID from the buyer or proof of purchase how can he protect myself in this matter he doesn't want police to knock at his door asking for receipt for the laptops he sold to someone, currently…
-
- 5 replies
- 919 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi people, new to the forum and just wanted to get some general feelings on how those of you guys/gals serving officers feel about the Occupy Protests around the country, and the world. How you feel about their beliefs, and their cause. Do you understand it?, etc thanks
-
- 4 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I had trouble finding a CJS code when needing to draw up a charge for an obscure offence the other day...does anyone know where there is a definitive list of them? Normally I get them from the PNLD but surely there must be a complete list somewhere? I tried google and various internal systems but drew a blank. Also, are there some offences where no CJS code exists and you just have to draw up a charge in free text? If the list or whatever is op info or higher than "not protectively marked" then I can PM a job email address....
-
What is the correct PLO Procedure when requesting a preliminary breath test at the roadside?
-
Any idea on this. Are laser detecter's legal? Ones used for detecting when and if the car is being targeted by a speed laser gun? Pretty sure the type that re-bound the laser are illegal, but not sure about the others?
-
It's Halloween, a group of 15 year olds who are apparently trick or treating try the door handle of a home because the owner has ignored them. Do we have an offence? Obviously you would need to find out their motivations for trying it and at the lowest level they're just having a laugh at the owner's expense, top end they wanted to get in and either burgle or assault the people inside. The door was locked so they didn't get in and then left, so no obvious offence then? BUT they tried it and had no right to AND then what if... What are the potential offences? Would this go anywhere CPS wise?
-
I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW BLACK PEOPLE AND OTHER MIXED RACE PERSONS CAN USE RASISM TO THE STANDARD WHITE PEOPLE AND GET AWAY WITH IT BUT IF A WHITE PERSON USE'S RASITST LANGUAGE TO OTHER RACE'S WE GET ARRESTED AND WHEN I WENT TO COURT FOR RACIAL WHEN I DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG NO ONE BELIVES YOU AND IT HAS SHATTERED MY REPUTATION FOR WHAT SOME KID GOIN TO THE POLICE ACCUSING ME OF USING RASIST LANGUAGE WHEN I HAVE CLEARLY GOT BLACK FRIENDS AND HAVE NEVER BEEN RASIST IN MY LIFE I GREW-UP IT MANCHESTER WHERE THERE IS PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT COUNTRIES IF I WANTED TO BE RASIST WOULDN'T I HAVE DONE IT THEN BUT YOU NEVER BELIVE US BECAUSE OF THE LAW ON IT WHICH I THINK IS WR…
-
-
- 26 replies
- 5.5k views
- 1 follower
-