Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. MC1
    Started by MC1,

    Do members of the public have the power to detain (under Section 3 Criminal Law for example) or does it automatically become a Sec 24A arrest?

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 5k views
    mymumalwayssaidiwasspecial
  2. arnie580
    Started by arnie580,

    Revising some of the training I have had and I have conflicting information on when different lights should be lit. In the notes I was given at the start of training, it states that sidelights should be lit between sunset and sunrise, and headlights should be used during hours of darkness. However, the other day I'm fairly sure my trainer said that sidelights should be lit during hours of darkness, and headlights should be used 30 mins after sunset until 30 mins before sunrise. On the other hand I may have written it down all wrong.... Any help would be much appreciated!

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 3.4k views
  3. shanemckay
    Started by shanemckay,

    Hello, I was stopped recently in a supermarket car park in daylighhy. I have a rare medical condition that and police saw me walk from my car with a stagger and rightly did all basic checks and I and my car came back clear. Somewhere in our conversation I told these people it was a genuine medical that looks lik,e dd on bad day. The police made me make have someone come out and drive e me homes because I had no ID. I believe in independent l;Irving. I have never applied for ID or a disabled badge. Are the police correct or have they dealt with my as disabled and not medical?

    • 2 replies
    • 589 views
  4. Airflow
    Started by Airflow,

    I'm mainly talking about vehicles here. For example, you stop a car full of drugs, the vehicle ( i assume ) could be seized as being 'used in crime'. This may also apply to a car being used to conduct burglaries, robberies or whatever. What legislation does this fall under? Is it something under Socap? What other powers and situations would lead to a vehicle being seized, with the exception of section 59 and 165?

    • 11 replies
    • 3.9k views
  5. Tamsin1546620756
    Started by Tamsin1546620756 * ,

    Hi A colleague at work wants to promote safe driving and a reminder to folks to 'Drive to Arrive'. He is thinking of ordering some transparent stickers to put on the rear-view mirror... personally I think this is unsafe and would cause unnecessary distraction when you look in your mirror, but are there any legal implications? Thanks Tamsin

  6. Rollwithit
    Started by Rollwithit,

    As topic states can someone point out if there is an offence of stopping on yellow zig zags outside a school during a controlled time? Signs are displayed stating 'no stopping during prescribed hours 8-9.30am' What is the offence, legislation and is it endorsable/non-endorsable? I was considering 'stopping at a controlled crossing zone' but not sure if this fits and if the colour of the lines makes any difference.. Thanks in advance guys..

    • 8 replies
    • 1.6k views
  7. AlanS1546620756
    Started by AlanS1546620756 * ,

    In July I got a NIP regarding a "jumping of red light". As it was my wife driving and not me, I sent form back saying I wasn't the driver and giving her details instead. A week or so later, she got the same NIP sent to her. Filled it in saying she was driver and sent it back Since then we've heard absolutely nothing .... the 2nd form was sent back mid-August and it's now mid-October. Surely we'd have heard something in 2 months? I was worried 2nd form may have been lost in post and never arrived back with police, but wouldn't we have received a summons instead after 28 days had elapsed? Should I do nothing or contact police to find out what score is? Do the police …

    Scotia1546081133
  8. TCambs
    Started by TCambs,

    S136 of the Mental Health Act states: For instance, someone in the high street shouting insanities and jumping up and down could obviously be said to be have been found in a public place and so S136 is applicable. Someone who is displaying the same behaviour in a private dwelling is obviously not found in a public place so S136 is not applicable. However, consider the scenario of someone displaying this behaviour in public, witnessed by an officer, but who then runs into his house (and for arguments sake is happy to let police enter). As the constable had originally found the person in a public place being in need of immediate care or control does the power to remove …

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 3.9k views
  9. Ares

    Came across this whilst preapering a lecture, and thought it might be interesting for others: R. (on the application of Rutherford) v Independent Police Complaints Commission

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 4.4k views
    Administrative Account
  10. 95%boredom5%terror
    Started by 95%boredom5%terror,

    I am aware of a number of laws in pubs; cant serve drunks can't allow disorderly behaviour its an offence not to leave when told to etc Do the same laws apply in off licences as they to are licenced premises?

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1k views
  11. Pikachu
    Started by Pikachu,

    I just stumbled across a video on Youtube were a minor claims he was chased by a man with a hammer, so I am just curious as to what you could arrest him for?

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Administrative Account
  12. LLE
    Started by LLE * ,

    [removed] [Please delete thread]

    • 2 replies
    • 1.5k views
    sykes1545925530
  13. jkilner
    Started by jkilner * ,

    Hello I have a RHD motorhome and need to replace the rear light cluster. I have the oportunity to purchase one the same as mine however the inbuilt reflector on mine is round and the one on offer is triangular Does UK law allow me to replace a light cluster with a round reflector with the same cluster but with a triangulat one? Some one has told me the triangle denotes a trailed vehicle Can you advise if this is permissable Regards John

    • 3 replies
    • 896 views
  14. porge88
    Started by porge88,

    I run a business with my father on a farely new industrial estate that has a reputation for being a clean, quiet and very pleasant place to work. Recently one of the smaller industrial units has been rented out to a performance car tuning company. Now I have a personal interest in cars and bikes, performance tuning and such like so have no problem with someone making their living this way. It's a young lads company and I've got alot of respect for the hard graft he's putting in to set up and run his business. The problem I have is that he appears to be taking on more work than he can handle and so there are regularly gutted cars with wheels and engines missing occupying h…

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 885 views
  15. SM17HY1546081268
    Started by SM17HY1546081268,

    Is it against the law for a shop keeper to take the proceeds from one charity box and put it in another charity box (Completely differant charity) I personally think its theft, but I'm not too sure?

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.