Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. PC gone mad
    Started by PC gone mad,

    Many clubs now have ID scanners on entry. Does anybody know how long the images are recorded for and if the personal details on the scan would come out in a legible fashion? Also can club staff print out copies of the scans easily? Might be a quick way of getting suspects' details if anyone is involved in an incident in the club. Anyone use this already?

    • 1 reply
    • 821 views
  2. bensonby
    Started by bensonby +,

    One that has bugged me on and off for a while: does s.19 PACE grant officers the power of seizure when out in the street or elsewhere in the open air? After all, the section refers to when on "premises". If it does not then what power do we have to seize articles that have evidential value when out int eh street etc?

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 6.5k views
    Rorschach1546081239
  3. marralass
    Started by marralass,

    I know it sounds obvious! I always thought that it was any sort of theft where any sort of weapon was used to make someone hand over the goods. However, there have been a couple of cases in the press recently where a weapon was involved in a robbery but the charges have been attempted robbery and possession of the weapon, rather than armed robbery. So can someone explain why this might be.

  4. bensonby
    Started by bensonby +,

    I've never bound someone over before for Breach of the Peace but I have to take someone to court tomorrow morning for it. Basically, it's a domestic where I witnessed something that didn't amount to an offence (no matter how hard I tried to think of one) but made me fear an imminent breach of the peace (especially once I conducted background checks). As such I arrested him fearing that BOP would occur and conveyed him to custody. I explained to the custody sergeant that I felt that if he would be released he would head straight back and commit a BOP: he was sceptical at first but agreed with me. I consulted the Domestic Violence unit who congratulated me on my course of …

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 3k views
  5. securitas88
    Started by securitas88,

    Is there an offence of failing to give way where you should (eg at roundabouts, junctions etc)?

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 3.2k views
  6. Sugarcain
    Started by Sugarcain * ,

    I have lived in my house for almost 10yrs and I've had the same neighbours never approachable they think they own the cul-de-sac, they have recently (2009) had an extension built which took up most of their parking ( they have caravans and touring homes and a ford galaxy car). we objected on the grounds of parking but planning was granted. My problem is that they now block our drive, block us in and out and park right outside our property with the aforementioned big vehicles and vans blocking any and all daylight. Last night they parked in our drive way when they were asked to move they did after using horrible language we parked our car and thought nothing else of it …

    • 3 replies
    • 850 views
  7. Braveheart2009
    Started by Braveheart2009,

    Hi, Can someone tell me if this is theft and can the police do anything about it? If your partner takes money and gold away from you without your permission and keeps it or sells it can the police do anything to give it back to the owner or is this just left up to the couple to sort their differences? Thanks.

    • 5 replies
    • 764 views
  8. MrKguy
    Started by MrKguy,

    A friend asked if he could buy one ( bb gun ) to target practice , who hangs around in a forest practising survival etc.. with his uncle and thought if they are legal or not? I seriously could not think, I thought they are but wanted to see further clarifications. Is a BB gun illegal in a public place ( Say it does not look real, like has red stripes on barrel to make look fake and everything and only a very big fool would get tricked its real, as it looks completely fake ) FURTHER EDIT - what is the law of having a BB gun, ( not air-rifle ) in a private place? thanks again. Further further updATE - the website legal info it says.. BBgunUK.com we sell crossbows, pa…

    • 33 replies
    • 3.7k views
  9. lost
    Started by lost,

    Hi Two weeks ago last Friday something happened to me on my way home from work, was taken to hospital and the police were called but did not feel comfortable talking to them at the time, can i still speak to a police officer to report or will i be in trouble cause i did not tell them at the time. Thanks

    • 19 replies
    • 2.6k views
  10. Jayson99
    Started by Jayson99,

    Just got pulled over, both insurance/mot ran out a couple days ago. Big mistake obviously. Have been moving house so didnt keep on top of it as i should have. I have 7 days to get it back. Im in my first two years of driving though, so i believe ive lost my licence due to this. What am i supposed to do in this situation? Renew insurance first. But i still have no mot & now im guessing no valid licence ? Im not sure how i go about getting my car back. Thanks for any help

    Fishy1546620302
  11. BTPSC
    Started by BTPSC,

    Hi All, Apologies if this has been addressed before, but I couldn't find the topic. I saw an RTC (motorbike vs. lorry) on the North Circular last week, whilst on my way to work. I had my Police HiVi in the boot of my car so obviously stopped my vehicle and donned the luminous jacket and went to offer help. While I was helping the casualty etc I noticed another chap in civvies stop his car. He got out and put a blue lightbar on the top of his vehicle and he too donned a HiVi police jacket - albeit a Met one. (I'm BTP). After everything had calmed down and the local traffic units and LAS turned up myself and the other officer were released from the scene. I asked the guy …

      • Like
    • 36 replies
    • 6.9k views
  12. RONYAG
    Started by RONYAG,

    Can members of the public fit blue lights to the front of their cars? Either in the headlights (which I have seen loads of lately) or underneath - lighting up the road or on the bonnet? We couldn't get a straight answer from our tutors because they said that the driver may argue that BLUE if merely a pure form of WHITE. I hope this is absolute rubbish because I am sick of seeing them on the road and firmly believe that BLUE lights should only be seen on emergency vehicles. Can anyone give me the definitive answer

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 71.7k views
  13. securitas88
    Started by securitas88,

    Spraypainted or damaged traffic signs are fairly common, especially "no cycling" signs. Basically, is it a still illegal to fail to comply with a sign which is defaced in some way? I wondered about this because if you issued someone with an FPN and they appealed it on these grounds, would it get cancelled? Don't worry, I haven't been given an FPN but I'm just interested because of all the spray painted no cycling signs I've noticed.

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.4k views
  14. C05T1N
    Started by C05T1N * ,

    Hey there, We've spent most of the last month as lodgers of an awful landlord, with no contract or any sort of written agreement. Luckily, we found a new place to stay and we moved a week before the expiration of our first month (which has been paid in full), without even notifying the landlord that we would be leaving. A couple of days after we moved, we started getting SMS's from him, in which he is accusing us of stealing household goods from him. First, he said we stole some kitchen glasses. Then, a couple days after that, he made up some other things we "stole" from him (other small kitchen things, cleaning materials, etc). We've already replied that we took noth…

  15. jmon999
    Started by jmon999,

    Hi I'm not a police officer but i own a pair of TCH rigid black handcuffs that are about 6 months old. I noticed recently when I was practising speedcuffing that the rachet on one side isn't swinging round like it used to and it takes a harder push to get it to budge. It put some WD40 on the teeth like the handbook suggested and it worked for a bit but it's now gotten worse, e.g if i was to force it, it would probably break my wrist. I'm a bit worried too because i had a pair of surplus Hiatt Speedcuffs before these and once the rathet completely jammed and would not move either way, locked or unlocked. Luckily i have small wrists so i was able to get my arm out but i…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.