England & Wales
4557 topics in this forum
-
I keep getting different answers from various officers regarding the following question: If someone was disqualified in 2006 and the endorsement on their licence was 'Disqualified 1 year, until test passed' and they were stopped in 2009. Would they be Driving whilst disqualified or would they be driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence. I have already asked two traffic officers who state it would be 'DOWAL' but it seems every other person i ask interprets it the other way... Is there anyone who can make it explicitly clear....
-
someone at work overheard this today, As a general rule, if a red light on the far side of a junction (in addition to a set of lights before the junction) does not have an accompanying white stop line on the road surface I would assume I am not required to stop there. When the a traffic light is red you are required to stop at the stop line (or, of course, at the back of any queue). If the second set of lights related to, for instance, a pedestrian crossing, there would be an additional stop line.
-
- 1 reply
- 902 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all. An interesting discussion popped up today with reference to being in charge of a vehicle while over the prescribed limit; where does this leave the owners of a camper van who might stagger back to their van which is in a public place after a night in the pub?
-
Ive just had an amusing call from my nephew, well i thought it amusing any way, he was less impressed, ranting on about a police state et al He and his girlfriend were having day out in London, they did the usual tour, they were making theirway to the national portrait gallery across Trafalgar square when they were approached by a group of police men, who told them they had to join the students march, they told them they had nothing to do with the protest and were just having a day out, the coppers were having non of it, said they looked like demonstrators, (I told him not to go out with a girl with red hair and doc martins), and if they didn't they would be arrested und…
-
- 3 replies
- 918 views
- 1 follower
-
-
A rather informative Guide.[/size] SIA Photography Guide Although this Guide is aimed at the Security Industry, it's useful to know their powers regarding taking photos just in case we are called
-
Hello everyone, I have always wondered about the answer to this question: "If there was a national emergency where there was social breakdown etc, would the police go around confiscating firearms from those with licences like the police did in the hurricane Katrina incident?" As if any natural or man made disaster happened, these would be vital for personal protection, and I can just imagine the police going around seizing everyone's firearms.
-
sorry for posting a awkward thread ,new to the forum and not sure what i can ask and what i shouldnt ask
-
could somebody please clarify something for me,32yrs back i pulled 3 pens off their chains the type you get in the post office. its a long story but all i did was to get involved with a arrogant clerk in a dhss office basically i was wound up so much by him that i pulled these pens off the chains and threw the pens at him. anyway all that broke was the little gold chains, i went to the magistrates court charged with criminal damage, it was adjourned for reports and when i went back i was fined costs. what im asking is this still classed as a conviction or would it have been a discharge or something like that there is nothing on the pnc as i had a disclosure done . …
-
Hello, I'm ashamed to say that last night our local police were contacted by one of our neighbours due to a loud, non violent argument between my husband and I. They arrived as the argument had ended and we were each separately questioned as to what the argument had been about? It was completely domestic row about a camping holiday, getting the dog kennel coughed etc. We both said some awful things to each other but it was not violent. The police asked if we had children in the house which we did, age 5 and 3 both sound asleep up stairs in bed. The police officers then took all our details, names, date of births and left. I was too mortified at the time to ask what it me…
-
-
- 34 replies
- 26.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Whats peoples experience of getting a charging decision for Threats to Kill or do you often find its knocked into a S4 PO? It seems a hard offence to get a charge for.
-
Have a few questions. If a suspect was caught leaving a shop with several hundreds worth of goods ,without paying for them ,they left the point of sale what would likely to happen to the suspect if it was their first offence?. If the shop staff saw the suspect remove the security tags but they did not see the person actually conceal an item ,would you have the authority the search the suspect?
-
Hi, a family friend rang me earlier with a situationn he is in and was not happy with the police response. The scenario: A company owner ends the temporary contract of a worker. When employment as started the worker was given a company phone. On hearing the contract was to end the worker sends text messages to several people asking them to assault the company owner (GBH level of injury) and damage his property (slash car tyres - having given them his address, and 'torch' the office). In the text messages the worker repeatedly uses homophobic language and describes the actions are also motivated by homophobia. The work phone provided (iphone) is synced to the company …
-
- 9 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone I was looking on ebay other day and i saw these spray that you could use to mark people if your attacked are these legal and if i was to buy one could i get attrested for having one Thank you
-
When we deal with incidents we, naturally, collect a great deal of personal information - names, addresses and so on.... what is the score with diclosing that information to interested parties for the purposes of civil proceedings: especially considering the DPA etc? So far I've only ever given people's details with their consent (people that want to make complaints to managers/the council/etc when I've been called to civil disputes), or where there is a statutory duty to do so (RTCs) and often people are happy for details to be exchanged. But it has occured to me that I'm not 100% sure on the position if parties are not happy... especially if the person wanting the info…
-
I am a newcomer to this site but have visited on many occasions. I, therefore, apologise if this topic has come up before. I have noticed several accidents, recently, apparently caused by someone running a red light. I have also witnessed countless cases of several cars following each other through red lights. Nothing new, I know, but it seems to me to be on the increase in the area that I travel – Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire. I know there are some who are sensitive about the use of speed cameras but what is the opinion out there about the apparent lack of red light cameras on the A roads and B roads? MFP NG2
-
- 5 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-