Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. callsign-kid
    Started by callsign-kid,

    I'm not sure about this one. I have some legislation in mind. A lives in a student hall of residence (I know, I know, students) when post is delivered it goes to a central office where A has to collect his post from. Typically post arrives at 11:30 AM. B is responsible for dishing out mail to students. B says he will not be giving out post between this time and 15:30 hours. In this time B and others who work in the office are not sorting mail promptly, they are often seen to be sitting around watching telly. Do B and his fellow employees commit the offence under section 84 (1) (a) of the postal services act 2000 which states; The above is subject to section 83 subsecti…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.6k views
    boroughtrainer
  2. whitey0903
    Started by whitey0903,

    I've been training at hendon for about 8 weeks now and we've just completed burglary, Just wondering, what's the difference between section 9 (1) (a) and 9 (1) (b) of the burglary act? SO much info to take in in such little time, i feel as if it's going in one ear and out the other!

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. smt2264
    Started by smt2264 * ,

    Do the courts need to refer a complaint for perjury in the County Court or can it be acted upon following a complaint from a member of the public who provide clear evidence?

  4. Tom Sawyer
    Started by Tom Sawyer,

    In this age of robust policing and strong leadership I wonder what examples people have of being 'over supervised'. My favourite was being called into the sergeants office because I had been seen eating 4 slices of heavily buttered toast for breakfast and was advised about eating 'empty calories and junk food'.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. Topman1546081267
    Started by Topman1546081267,

    Forgive me if I have posted in the wrong place, Just a quick question really, I sometimes see registration plates that usually have red lettering I think, and are either displayed in the car window or hanging of the car. You can often see them on cars that are been test driven or sometimes on brand new cars/wagons. Just wondering what they are all about and what the purpose of them is. Cheers Topman

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 2.1k views
  6. GoneForgotten
    Started by GoneForgotten,

    A scenario popped into my head the other day and I was wondering what you'd do. This has not happened to me by the way, not even in a tongue in cheek, wink wink, kind of way. It is genuinely hypothetical. You're sat, in the writing room and someone sat next to you is having difficulty logging onto the system, not entirely unlikely and they ask you to look something up for you, say on the corporate intranet but something that might be protectively marked. Before doing so you say enquire as to what's wrong with their terminal, they say, just can't log in, password reset issue etc. Ok, so I'm happy to help you out, but can I just see your warrant card. Erm, <insert …

      • Like
    • 35 replies
    • 3.2k views
    Police Constable 1 +
  7. richr
    Started by richr,

    Waiting for the train to pass this morning, and some gentleman (annoyed at having to wait, also clearly mental) decided to climb over the barriers and leg it across, hopping back over on my side. On the basis that a shovel and some bin bags weren't needed to pick him up this time, what offence(s) did he commit? Can a HO constable deal with any rail byelaw breaches stemming from his actions? (at risk of asking a question that'll spiral into off-topicness!) On the basis that jumping a level crossing is, frankly, mental, is it considered serious enough for badging out?

      • Like
    • 103 replies
    • 10.5k views
    Police Constable 1 +
  8. enzoxk
    Started by enzoxk,

    What do they actually do?

    • 24 replies
    • 3.2k views
  9. Mike Rehorn
    Started by Mike Rehorn * ,

    Hi, I have been asked by my company to deliver some office cabinets in a Ford Transit Connect, The load will be hanging out of the rear doors, also the load will obscure my vision to the nearside rear view mirror. I am concerned that I may be stopped if I go ahead with this. Can you help me re the law regarding this. Many Thanks. Mike

  10. Justice2012
    Started by Justice2012,

    Can people please explain when the "course of justice" begins for the offence of perverting the course of justice. I have read the tread at the link below: http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6049-perverting-the-course-of-justice/ What I can't get my head round is when does the "course of justice" begins for civil cases. For example, if an organisation creates documents which contain false information, suspecting that there might be civil proceedings at some point in the future, can that still mount to an offence? Has the course of justice began or not? Using false information in civil proceedings once a hearing has began may certainly amount to a…

    • 5 replies
    • 885 views
  11. Lizzie Pee
    Started by Lizzie Pee * ,

    a few years ago when i was younger and considerably more stupid (now only slightly less stupid), i got into some amount of trouble, not serious, just plenty of it. i wasn't a permanent resident in the uk, but have dual nationality-one of them english, the other from another eu country. i vaguely remember reading in the newspaper about the "european criminal records information system", according to which "An EU country convicting a non-national will be obliged to immediately send information, including updates, on this conviction to the member state(s) of the offender's nationality." what i'm wondering is whether uk police forces have sent such info to the relevant for…

  12. Adamski1546081335
    Started by Adamski1546081335 +,

    Good afternoon, Firstly, apologies if this is the wrong forum area. I had considered Kit Corner but deemed this to be more appropriate. I am (mostly) aware of the law surrounding Knives, as I volunteer with the Scout Association and consequently have a fairly large collection! What I'm not sure about is the law surrounding Police Officers carrying knives as aprt of a multitool. One specific tool that I'm thinking of (and one that I own), has a locking blade of about 2.9 inches; a blade which I believe is illegal to carry on ones person without a justifiable, proven reason (going to/from Scout Camp/Scout Meeting). As the Police regularly carry offensive weapons (Baton, …

      • Like
    • 75 replies
    • 5.7k views
    Administrative Account
  13. rmcommando
    Started by rmcommando,

    can anyone shed some light on the legality issues someone may have with placing a cover tracking device on a vehicle - i will try to describe the shape of the device..... a small mobile phone sized box with magnets to secure to the underside of the vehicle. - this works of relaying the GPS position via GPRS (data) to a software platform thus giving an unto date position, speed, direction of travel of a vehicle which will all available to a persons laptop who is logged in to the tracking software. what, if any problems may i face if i decided to do this? i have done this to many smartphones - Blackberry, Iphone etc, but the person who wishes to be tracked pays for the …

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 2.8k views
  14. Nathan444
    Started by Nathan444,

    Hi there, I wonder if you nice people of this wonderful forum could help me out. Sorry if this is detailed just trying to get everything accross. I may have missed stuff as it is quite in depth and lots to cover. I live with my brother, my house is down a road to which at the bottom is a private drive. Infront of my garage sits a turning point to allow cars to turn around. We have three vehicles one, my brothers company van, his car and my car. we park one on the drive (garage cant be used as we are still sorting out stuff from moving in) and then two infront of this right next to our house (only a pavement seperates us). The first dispute came from one of our neighbo…

  15. DannyB1546080967
    Started by DannyB1546080967,

    Hi all, I have always assumed that PACE states that arrested persons must be taken to the nearest designated police station after arrest. However, I can't find this anywhere when I was reading through PACE earlier. Can anyone confirm if this is actually legislation or if it is a myth?

    • 7 replies
    • 4.5k views
    DannyB1546080967

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.