England & Wales
4557 topics in this forum
-
hi i was just wondering if a harresment order can be removed and how it can be done? please help me many thanks kacy19
-
- 4 replies
- 608 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm thinking of taking out an injunction against my neighbours for when I move back home, are they any good?
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey all, Just a quick question regarding common assault..what constitutes as common assault? For example throwing sweets at someone hitting them in the face? or other objects.. Also what sort of punishments do you receive, and what sort of priority would it come as if someone wished to report it in say relation to ABH? Reason why i ask is obviously my remit does not deal with assaults hense i've not really been taught a great deal on the subject. Off work for 3 days so no one to ask and it was bugging me! Cheers..
-
- 30 replies
- 144.6k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi there, A question for you guys - I was travelling on the top deck of a bus today with another guy and half way through the journey one person in a group of three youngish looking guys threw an empty beer can at my friend's head (from behind) before heading down the stairs laughing on their way out of the bus. The favour was instinctively returned (and missed) once he realised what had happened, and then the group left the bus. Needless to say, this hacked me off a bit because I expect to be able to sit on a bus without complete strangers launching crap at me without any warning at all. I reported it through the MPS website as a 'hate crime' (somewhat reluctantly) …
-
-
- 14 replies
- 2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Went out my door to knock on next door, stood on the grass(about 1 meter between both doors) between my door and next door, stretched my arm over and knocked on the door, the door was ajar. The door did not move. Woman1 and a young tall guy waring brown shirt, came to the door. As she was coming to the door she was smiling at him, wearing a white bobble hat and white tracksuit. Said to her ”Come over the road.” No reply, I say again “Come over the road, come on.” Blank look on her face. Victim thought was only 14 – 16, as he’s so short, was standing outside in the path about half a meter from the front door. A girl black hair looks about 16 not thin, in a grey jumper w…
-
- 6 replies
- 976 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi there, I'm a student studying Police and Criminal Justice Studies and have applied to become a Special Constable, I have passed most of the application process so far including the interview and main application form. Also, I'm new to the site so I apologise for any nooby-ness. I was wondering if I could have some assistance around the pratical side of S17 PACE. I know that using S18 PACE you must introduce yourself (name, collar no., station and warrant card) and your colleagues, state your power and purpose, have written consent by your inspector (or above), etc... Question: With S17 PACE, is there anything you must state to the person you are entering to arrest…
-
I have had someone ask me a question regarding drink driving ban, i'm not 100%, input apreciated. States his son was banned for 24months for drink driving. He had passed his test in 2007 and had been driving for 9months. He had supposedly not submitted his provisional and pass certificate to get the full licence back. (I was under the impression this was taken from you automatically after you passed the test??) He has reapplied for licence recently after the ban has lapsed and he has done the re-hab course. But been told he has to take all tests again. But the person is unsure if he has to resit the tests or just gets his licence back? I think he will have to redo t…
-
Other one that different people have different opinions on. Mowp. Petrol station. If mop realises they have no money after filling up. Or card declines etc. and then the attendant lets them go to get money or come back in a day or 2. Or takes their mobile phone or passport for security. If then the suspect fails to come back when stated. Is this still a mowp. Or is because an agreement has been reached which defers the " on the spot payment " then it would be a simple theft. All be it that they may have no intention to permantly deprive as was going to pop in and pay later on.
-
Simple enough question: Can you conduct a PACE compliant interview (caution +2 presumably) with a suspect over the telephone? I've taken witness statements over the phone before (and then sent them off by post for signature and return)
-
Hi all, and I need advice please! I have known this person for approximately 4 years now, and it wasn't until 3 years ago that I discovered they were a habitual drink driver - and I don't mean once a week, I mean EVERY day! Myself and another person reported this person as a drink driver, gave both vehicle details to the local constabulary, along with timings, locations, watering holes etc. However, this person is STILL drink driving! Only a matter of a couple of weeks ago, this person walked past me in the town centre, on the way back to their car...The fumes were unbelievable, and the products used to attempt to mask the aroma of alcohol were pretty awful too! Some…
-
-
- 16 replies
- 8.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello My former girlfriend has made a complaint that I hit her three times in front of our 3 year old son. I have been interviewed by the Police and a report sent to the CPS, so we are awaiting their decision as to whether I will be charged with Common Assault. Matters certainly seem to stack up in my favour. There is no evidence to support her claims, no injuries, witnesses or CCTV. The interviewing officer commented that it was just my word against hers and my Son is too young to give evidence. My former girlfriend also left it 4 days after the alleged abuse to make a complaint, and in the meantime sent me a number of text messages asking me to meet up. The text mess…
-
- 22 replies
- 10.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I know this is used alot if traffic process but is it used for everyday offences? Eg Criminal Damage and Theft etc? The local officers I have been out with say its rarely used and its mainly arrest now. From the little knowledge I have of it is it a case of - Point out offence - Decide that arrest is not necessary - When questioned caution - PNB interview - Report for offence - Now caution - Record a crime and build a file From what I was taught at college regarding reporting for summons that is all I can remember
-
This seems to be doing the rounds on Facebook at the moment and I just wondered what everyone thought of it: Summary: PC Stout pulls over a cyclist for running a red light. Cyclist refuses to answer questions..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ7M6aJmGls
-
-
- 102 replies
- 32.9k views
- 6 followers
-
-
Does anyone know the pertinent legislation for police officers searching people on the street for alcohol
-
Your house and drive are on a road with double red lines. You want to reverse into your drive so you stop for a few seconds then reverse. Could the council still fine you for stopping?