Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. BenjaminS
    Started by BenjaminS,

    I got sent a link to a Facebook album of some moron standing on the top of a Police Van. It makes me laugh, I live in Peterborough and we've got all this stupid, pathetic little teenagers who think they're big bad gangster from London. I don't know much of the situation regarding to gang crime, post code wars etc but what I do know is they're not particularly friendly with other postcodes. Yet in peterborough they're all friends, yet 'reppin' certain areas. Will these kids ever grow up? Oh and also I could've sworn the real gangsters were around in the 60's, 70's and 80's?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. loupop
    Started by loupop,

    Hi, Just curious as to where the law stands with so called legal highs. Does it lay with the discretion of the officer as to whether suspicious items are seized or any action taken. Also what would be the law of driving under the influence of a 'Legal High'. I have read certain articles & info on the internet which suggests that some of these 'Legal Highs' do infact contain illegal substances, but without analysing them how can you prove it? Thanks in advance for any comments. =)

    kester1546080880
  3. on2wheels
    Started by on2wheels,

    So, we've all cottoned on that smoking in most public indoor places is illegal these days; but if you do spot someone, under what law is the smoking ban in effect? And is it civil or criminal law? What powers do we have to deal with it? - o2w

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 1.5k views
  4. Soapyw
    Started by Soapyw,

    I've been reading up a little on this legislation (police reform act 2002) but am a little unsure on how it is best implemented. Am I right in thinking that once the criteria has been met for issuing a S59 warning, the person is verbally warned which is followed up by a letter? After a 2nd offence, when can the vehicle be claimed back? Is it like with no insurance, pay the recovery costs and and subsequent holding fee's, then you can pick it up so long as you have all the necessary documentation (V5, insurance, mot etc) Thanks in advance. edit: spelling

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 3.2k views
  5. DKStaffs
    Started by DKStaffs,

    Solve a disagreement please? When can a police officer DEMAND entry to a public house without a warrant i.e. If he/ she suspects a crime is being commited in there? He/ she believes a wanted person is in there Chasing a suspect? First of all are all the above true and are there any more occasions. Reason for this is a Door Supervisor is adamant he could stop a police officer entering the premises unless he has got a warrant from the most senior officer on duty at the time! I think that rule is only the case to shut the premises down for a period not exceding 24 hours. Your opinions will be appreciated

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 5.4k views
  6. vincey999
    Started by vincey999,

    My understanding is : you can stop and search any age on the street and obviously search in custody. Strip search of youths need an appropriate adult. What about in custody where they may have a weapon down their pants.........? Also what if you wanted to Sieze a 13yr olds clothing in cutody? If you cant get an AA do you have to sit with them if you want to sieze clothing that may have forensic evidence on them untill an AA is found?

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1k views
  7. Lucy78
    Started by Lucy78,

    Do I really need to pay a tv licence? After reading this I would say I don't need to. What powers do they have?

  8. Anthony1963
    Started by Anthony1963 * ,

    I know a resident of the UK who drives an Irish registered car. I know he is supposed to register it with DVLA immediately but he has no intentions of doing so. He continually brags about all the parking and speeding offences he is avoiding by keeping the irish plates. Which authority do I inform?

    • 2 replies
    • 2.9k views
  9. I Grade Snail
    Started by I Grade Snail,

    Follow posters, the Chimp needs his moral compass checking! I am aware for 6 months now a colleague has been using her young daughters blue badge to park where ever she wants, we work in W6 where parking can run you up to £15 per day. She drops the kid at school then comes to work, parking on double yellows or in pay and display areas around work with no ticket.I have spoken to her about this before, she didnt take any notice, again today I saw her wagon parked on double yellows, she laughed in my face and said she didnt care. She also uses it to park outside Westfield in residents parking bays. Now, I dislike being laughed at, and my first thought was to bubble her up…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. E29NP1546080952
    Started by E29NP1546080952,

    I've started to see the odd couple of mobility scooters with tax discs. Obviously they would be fee exempt, but dose anyone know why they are now required. Is it to do with a certain speed?

    • 2 replies
    • 631 views
  11. Duffman
    Started by Duffman,

    Has anyone else ever noticed how often people filmed in vehicles are shown NOT wearing a seatbelt (or is it just me?)? Commonly in 'The Apprentice' or 'The Boss is Coming to Dinner' and others, contestants are seen being driven whilst obviously not wearing a seatbelt...... Grrrrr........

      • Like
    • 77 replies
    • 8k views
  12. SC Ben1546081185
    Started by SC Ben1546081185,

    Need some advice.., and I just want advice! Early this morning my mum was leaving for work and there was a bloke stood against the wall in the alley way taking pictures of people and their cars, he took pictures of my mum (was clear as the flash kept going off) to which my mum confronted him! When she spoke to him and asked what the hell he was doing, he said he was taking pictures of all the people in the car park to see what they drive and where they live as his car got damaged in this car park and he wants it for evidence? The same bloke has also been seen taking pictures of the local young kids too who come out of houses and play in the same car park as it's got a l…

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 2.1k views
  13. ataylor0
    Started by ataylor0,

    Hi, I got flashed for speeding on the ride home... for doing 30.... In a 30. Whats that all about? Im really getting worried ill get a ticket for not doing anything. I have it on video as well, that i was not speeding, so do i need to worry? I was behind a Van doing identical speed as well, my speedo registered as 30. So unless both of our speedos are dodgy... Help. Andy P.S, i understand that this is not an Advice centre, but i really am worried about this! Sorry.

      • Like
    • 85 replies
    • 7.8k views
  14. phantom91
    Started by phantom91,

    If somebody is bailed by Police and then fails to attend court on the specified date are they breaching their bail or is there a seperate offence of failing to appear? Also, if they fail to appear will a warrant be issued for their arrest?

      • Like
    • 33 replies
    • 4.4k views
  15. Tim Clarke

    If someone tells another person they have committed a crime, or are going to commit a crime, and that person does nothing is it an offence? Tim

      • Like
    • 37 replies
    • 3.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.