Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. tony100
    Started by tony100,

    Theres a unadopted road by my house that leads to a dead end....? my question is : if that road is unadopted are there laws in place to give people point on thier licence fine etc etc?

    • 11 replies
    • 24.8k views
  2. BenjaminS
    Started by BenjaminS,

    A known drug dealer/runner has suddenly appeared driving a 2011 Insignia SRI 150 CDTI retailing at around 25K he doesn't work and I know this because he's back and forth from the area several times a hour. He was also raided for drugs in early 2011. Would you consider that dodgy? Not working Purchase of a 25K car coming and going very frequently. I know the family he sees and I know they're dodgy. Would you be suspicious?

    • 9 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. 80sFords
    Started by 80sFords * ,

    Hi all, Im a big 80's ford fan and am fed up of seeing ebay sellers selling V5's and id without a shell, i report these to ebay every time but they don't seem to want to remove them. Where/who should i pass the item numbers onto to prevent a possible ringer being created. for example http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180684569355&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&clk_rvr_id=242459520039 Many thanks in advance

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. -AJ
    Started by -AJ +,

    So. I found this item on Amazon Clicky I find it interesting that this 'disco' light comes with a Magnetic base and a 12v cigarette lighter plug. Is it just me that feels that 12v blue lights ought to be in someway restricted? What worried me even more was that whilst I came across this - I also came across a siren. What interested me even further was if you scroll down and see what Amazon Shows as 'Frequently Bought Together' Obviously people like to buy blue flashy disco lights, a siren and Blue LED bar together - obviously for those weekend discos. So - Like I say - What is the legality of these items? I assume it's fine for amazon to allow it - but should there …

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Administrative Account
  5. Gelf
    Started by Gelf,

    I have a stag do coming up where the fancy dress theme is military, A friend of mine has said he would lend me some cammo gear (shirt and trousers) that he wears when he plays airsoft, the problem I have is that as he is the leader of his airsoft team and his combat shirt has (the army rank of) "general" insignias sewn onto the sleves. Is it an offence to wear it in public? Is there such a thing as impersonating an (army) officer?

      • Like
    • 70 replies
    • 8.1k views
  6. Merlotmonster
    Started by Merlotmonster,

    Well I came back from holiday to discover the barn had been broken into...I had lots of power tools, garden stuff, mowers etc stolen. I live in a rural location and the house about 200 metres from me was broken into about 3 weeks ago. Then the police came round asking questions, but when I phoned to report the break in, they said there was nothing they could do. Weirdly, just before this happened, my friend noticed orange tape placed high in a tree outside her house and several others in the village so she reported this and the police came round to talk to her about it. I know in reality they will not be able to find anything if they did come round, I just feel a bit gut…

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 3.6k views
  7. carty23
    Started by carty23,

    Basically I was driving along a dual carriageway (A580 East lancs) which connects Liverpool to Manchester and runs through my home town. I was travelling at around 60 MPH when all of a sudden a fast car passes me in the right hand lane. He must have been doing 80-90 MPH. In the distance I saw him slam on his breaks and I thought a car must've pulled out in front of him. But he decided to a doughnut in the middle of the dual carriageway! He went round quite a few times until I eventually had to brake (As well as others) to avoid this idiot. Coming to the set of traffic lights he was in the last right hand lane to turn right heading towards the M6 motorway. Our lights turn…

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 804 views
  8. x024684427
    Started by x024684427,

    Hello. Recently I had a conversation with a special who's been doing specialling longer than I have been alive. I didn't agree with exactly what he stated so I have come to clear up some queries. A. Are there non Arrestable offences? For example wearing no seatbelt could be ticketed / summonsed but an Arrestable offence only occurs if name / address are believed to be false which creates a specific road traffic offence? B. Are Arrestable offences only apply to offences that are above 5 years upon first indictment for anyone aged 21 or over? Unless it's specifically stated that it is an Arrestable offence? C. I understand offences such selling out of date food is prob…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 4k views
  9. Bravo Sierra
    Started by Bravo Sierra +,

    Hi guys, Just needing a little info on Camber and Tyres if anyone is Traffic Police. Now I'm pretty sure that tyres and wheels it seems a grey area among the car scene - Anything protruding the arch could be deemed as unsafe and potentially dangerous, and no tread should sit outside the arch, as the water spray can be deemed dangerous to other users. Would that be true? Was speaking to a mot guy about poke on wheels the other day and he confirmed there is nothing in the mot rules that states the wheel/tyre must be covered by the body work. By all accounts one of the lads he works with got taken to court about it, he drives off road type vehicles with no arch above w…

    • 12 replies
    • 6.2k views
  10. eski
    Started by eski,

    Please observe the following video relating to a officer attempting to issue a fixed penalty notice for a road traffic offence. How would you have dealt with this http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f49_1310386370

    • 2 replies
    • 612 views
  11. Fox1546620736
    Started by Fox1546620736,

    I need some help I would like to know if I get a Shuriken (ninja star) in the UK.... So I was planing to buy one from the Internet from the USA and get it posted to my door? but is this allowed?? I am over 18 just so you know. Thank You -Fox Edit: Just so you know it would be for personal use in a personal home and it will never leave my home.

  12. GolfNovember
    Started by GolfNovember,

    has anyone ever arrested for this? if so, what were the circumstances?

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 2k views
  13. PCmonkey
    Started by PCmonkey,

    What are the laws surrounding quad bikes? I am planning on creating a First Response Unit based on a Honda quad bike, and obviously I want it to be road legal, and myself to be legal to use it. Is it classified as a car, or a motorbike (for example does it need a number plate at front and back, or just at back)? What are the lighting requirements? Must headwear meet a certian standard (as with motorbikes) or is it just common sense (for example my Gallet F1)? Also does anyone have any experience of getting a road tax disc for an emergency vehicle (I have been told that as long as it has pumping equipment, it is classified as a fire vehicle, and therefore is exempt fro…

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 5k views
    TallGuy1546081014 +
  14. ApriliaSX50
    Started by ApriliaSX50,

    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/143 Is it possible for a private individual to deposit £5k with the supreme court and then drive without insurance? Or is it a lot more complicated then that? Thanks

  15. TonyLee
    Started by TonyLee,

    Hello everyone, I don't know whether I have came to the right place to post the question. Last weekend, me and my gf went to the river in London to catch some fish for a bit of fun. After 10 minute of fun, a crew of mix age gang walked by, age range from a 13 years old teen to a 45ish bloke. I was instantly alarmed but I showed no reaction to them, we just continued to catch our fish with our little net, minding our own business. Then this 20ish overweight boy walked by, who was part of the gang, stopped and ask me, what color is she? (He meant my girlfriend because she was facing him with her back) I knew he was being racist as I am from Asian. I wasn't happy about …

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.