England & Wales
4557 topics in this forum
-
I was wondering what law this refers to?
-
Any idea on how to change trial hearings from magistrates court to crown court if charge is Common Assault? Magistrates Court is a slaughter house :) 95% conviction rate is a bad sign, no jury, no proper judge, nothing... me thinks
-
- 12 replies
- 11.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, just wondered whether you can help me. I have a criminal record which I am not proud of at all. Two convictions (six month conditional discharge in both cases) for shoplifting. Nothing since 2004, have completely cleaned up and changed as a person and look back on this with disbelief and shame. My question is can any serving police officer find out about this from the police national computer and, if so, are they likely to do a search if asked to do so by a former PC? I have personal reasons for asking which I'd prefer not to go into on here. Many thanks.
-
You can buy these very sturdy pens from Amazon manufactured by Smith & Wesson. they are very good quality for writing with. but also double up as a self defence weapon like a kubaton. and with the right training it could possibly save you're life if you was ever attacked. would you be arrested for carrying one of these pens? after all it is just a pen www.amazon.co.uk/Smith-Wesson-Black-Tactical-Pen/dp/B004AXKY4U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1308759816&sr=8-3 was thinking of buying one but not sure if they are legal. have to watch what you carry now a days in the u.k you can get arrested for having a toffee hammer on you're key chain.
-
My girlfriend went to a recent concert inside a large football stadium. It had the usual "NO DRINKS OR FOOD ALLOWED" this is in place to make sure you buy your food and drinks at the inflated prices inside the stadium. To make sure nobody was bringing their own food or drinks in everybody was searched at the entrances. This involved having your pockets patted down and have full bag searches where the stewards would have a good rummage around women handbags. Any items that were found where then taken out and deposited into a large wheelie bin. I am just curious if these are in fact illegal searches.
-
Quick question - there are four offences that can be racially or religiously aggrevated (assaults, crim damage,pub order off and harassment) however I can find no reference to murder. 'Racially or religiously aggrevated murder' sounds like it is a law. Is it?
-
It is my sons birthday tomorrow and i have purchased him a second hand scooter. First thing i did was insure it although somewhere along the line i have made a big mistake. I asked for the insurance to start on 20th of the month and did not even think to check it when it all came through the post as have a lot going on at the moment with a house move. The problem is that it has actually commences from tomorrow (22nd) as that is his 16th birthday, and when i phoned today i was told this was the reason it did not start on 20th as you cannot insure a 15 year old obviously. I am a named rider (as no doubt it will go wrong some time and i will need to sort it) Anyway last …
-
- 14 replies
- 6.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all. I am currently a support worker for adults with Learning disabilities, i have also worked with children of all ages. I am interested in becoming a special as a means of entry to the force. Does anyone have any sound advice about the application process? Anything I can do to increase my chances of being accepted? Thanks
-
If a person (person A) is charged with Battery (Assault) and is found not guilty, could they bring a civil charge of Battery (Assault)on the other party (person B)? What are the possible outcomes of a civil charge?
-
Hi folks, I was wondering if anyone had a succinct list of the most common ID offences. Especially those relating to counterfeit or forged ID/cards, Passports & visas. Cheers!
-
Hello, Could you please tell me what I can do. Basically, the neighbours friends will park in the alleyway (which is private land) and block my access to my driveway. This has been going on for almost 1 year now. I have tried putting notes on windscreens asking them not to park there. I have blocked them out so that they would have to ask me to permission rather then me having to ask them to move. Nothing has worked. The neighbours don't care and keep on telling / allowing their friends to park and block / restrict the access to our driveway. What can be done when the land is private and shared. This is two rental properties, managed by two different companies. Thanks
-
Can they be used in a conviction? If i was walking down the street with some weed and and officer approached me out of the blue and searched me and found it, could i be convicted for this, or not as it wasn't legally carried out in the first place? If my college book tells me right, the officer wouldn't be allowed to carry out a search in the first place without 'reasonable grounds' for the search in the first place.
-
Specials and PCSO's obviously less experienced than regulars. Any horror/or good stories?
-
-
- 14 replies
- 4.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I have been watching a documentary on new RSPCA recruits, and thought about this My question is, when the RSPCA call the police to assist in gaining entry to a property, which procedures do the police need to follow and which legislation does the power of entry come under? Thanks
-
Congratulations to Cambridgeshire Police!! During a "raid" carried out under a Search Warrant on the morning of 11th April at a Peterborouigh address, Police accompanied by 2 RSPCA employees and an "expert" witness, one Roger Caton, the requirements of PACE were conformed with. The raid was Police-led and controlled - and that is the first time that during investigations of various RSPCA/RSPB activities that I personally have found that the Police officers concerned have acted correctly! My only question is - why did Cambridgeshire Police not follow the guidelines set out by the Police and Customs Wildlife Crime Working Group? Surely the raid should have followe guidel…