England & Wales
4557 topics in this forum
-
My friend is kind of in a dilema and could really do with some advise to assist her. She is has been in contact with RSVP in relation to reporting a crime that has been going on for 2 years, in order for her to have someone there when she reports as she is frightened, however the victim advocate is unavailable to mid to late august due to already having appointments booked in, apparently the purpose of the victim advocate is to support her with reporting but surely wont the police provide the same support ???? Just does not seem right that she has to continue with this until then
-
Hi all I've watched the forum for a while but this is my first post. I've been a special for a couple of months now so I'm still new really but I am confused about a situation that happened on duty. Ok so me and the PC where called to a suspected criminal damage in the form of youths braking a fence. But when we arrived the "youths"where very young and under the age of 10 apparently. The PC said to me that this will go nowhere as a person under the age of 10 can't commit a criminal offence. In training we didn'tlearn about this (that I recall anyway). I could just do with some information about this as it seems quite important to know? Is it correct? Is there more to it…
-
I am currently in the process of buying a new car and on examining the car found the car to be without tax! Now this may not seem a big thing but the previous owner was disabled so when getting new tax for the car i need to visit a major DVLA office so that i can change the tax bracket that the car is in from disabled driver to regular! The DVLA office is approx 35 miles from our house somewhere in chester! Now as i am trading in my car i will have no vehicle other than the new car to travel in and with needing to do it during office hours all of our friends are busy at work - so is it possible for me to drive the new car to the tax office to obtain tax for it??? The car …
-
Does anyone know anything about schemes where members of the community house puppies that are to be trained as police dogs when they are older and ready for training?
-
I've just been woken up by our noisy neighbours, shouting and fighting with each other, as well as slamming doors. The house has been rented out to individuals who end up arguing with each other. What should I do/ what can I do?
-
- 5 replies
- 1.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
popping to the chippy for my tea, i was aproacher by a gang of hoodies, about 15/16 AY mate will you get us some cigs, I got a tear of nostalgia, as this was the very place i used to stand to mither passers by. to buy me beer when i was that age I declined, but if i had, would there be an offence committed ?
-
- 7 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Breaking and entering with intent to commit an offence under another piece of legislation. ie. Breaking into an office and then misusing the computer in it. Is the breaking in part an offence under the Theft act? "A person is guilty of burglary if he enters any building or part of a building as a trespasser with intent to steal, inflict grievous bodily harm [or raping any person therein],[30] or do unlawful damage to the building or anything in it.(section 9(1)(a))" "A person is guilty of burglary if, having entered a building or part of a building as a trespasser, he steals or attempts to steal anything in the building, or inflicts or attempts to inflict grievous b…
-
Hello I have read the regulations for posting on here and I do not wish to illicit any legal advice. I have also searched Google and been unable to find a specific answer so far. My question is to do with sentencing. What is the maximum sentence for a first offense of shoplifting (with an otherwise totally clean record, ie no other offenses committed whatsoever). Sixteen years ago, I was arrested and released with a caution having been caught shoplifting 4 CDs (total value approx £45). It was my first, and to date, only offense. Now I am trying to enter the USA and because I have been arrested I need a visa. However, US law makes an exception under the "Petty Offense E…
-
I have been wondering this ever since the age restriction on tobacco was raised from 16 to 18. Many 16 year olds will tell you that they are allowed to smoke and have possession of cigarettes, they simply can't buy them until they are 18, and I have been told similar things by colleagues. However the way I see it, there are only three possible ways a 16 year old could have tobacco in his possession: 1. He bought them - ILLEGAL 2. He was supplied them - ILLEGAL 3. He stole them - ILLEGAL Would it not be reasonable to say that in every single circumstance where a 16 year old is in possession of tobacco, he has come about them through illegal means and therefore they can…
-
i have recently bought a car which has no mot or tax, now the car was regularly used by a old man before illness prevented him from driving so he's give up. here is my dilemma i drove from east anglia to london to view the car and bought it, my original plan was to get the vehicle picked up on a low loader and delivered to the garage i work at which is also a mot testing station, but the people i tried have now let me down and no one else is interested in doing the job. i have got the car insured and now the people i bought the car off want me to come and collect it. i got the car booked in for a mot at the garage i work at. now since i got the car booked in for a mot and…
-
If somebody is arrested under warrant, is there a requirment that they are shown the warrant upon arrest? I wonder about this as a lot of officers I know will have a look on the warrant system, jot brief details down in their notebook of the relevant details and then if they have some spare time will see if the individual wanted is in and if so arrest them. If the individual requested to see the warrant and the officer could not show them and only show them their PNB would that suffice? I'm guessing not but would like your opinions on it. Something that makes me doubt this is a requirement is the fact I've ran people through our warrants system and found they have a warr…
-
There will be 34,000 fewer police jobs in England and Wales by March 2015, according to research by HM Inspectorate of Constabulary. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14233495 I know this is hardly ground-breaking after all the cuts.. but with the recruitment freeze and now cuts will this just mean more stretched forces and more officers being single crewed in situations where they shouldn't be? This is pretty devastating news for me (Special looking to become a regular).
-
I would never not move out of the way of police/ambulance/fire etc, but is it the law that you have to do so, or is it a courtesy thing?
-
I've been warned to attend a court date next month and apparently it's a "Newton Hearing". All I know about them is from the wikipaedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton_hearing Does anyone know much about them? Has anyone eveer been to one? Do they differ much from a normal trial?
-
I can't actually find any details of this case. Can someone help? R Vs Newton's case, the debate was over the consensual side, why was the charge buggery and not rape? Is it purely because he believed it was consensual? (there is no objection to it happening). In 1983... Rape: Buggery: So, I am guessing it's not rape as he believed it was consensual, but then if it were buggery, surely the wife would have been guilty also as she was partaking willingly? If it were proved it wasn't willful, why go for buggery and not rape?