Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. x024684427
    Started by x024684427,

    I know it doesn't happen these days, But! (Curiosity killed the cat) Does anyone know specifically what legislation makes Bribery or Taking Bribes illegal? Misconduct in a public office? And also, is offering a Bribe illegal in itself if your not in a public office?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 894 views
  2. charlyfarlly
    Started by charlyfarlly,

    Hi, I have just been reading the controversy over the use of S60 and a question struck me, which is how are the provisions of a S60 supposed to be communicated to a MOP Would an officer just have to say, I am searching you under S60, not have to say this at all OR would a more comprehensive explanation be required ? NB I know its cJa, but it wont let me edit the title

    • 1 reply
    • 646 views
  3. Robitussin
    Started by Robitussin * ,

    Sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum to post in but I've been looking around and this seems the general area for this kind of topic. The other month I was give an FND for 'Using threatening and abusive language in a public place'. This was after a heated argument involving my friends and some others outside a bar, where I told one of my friends "you're drunk, get in the f#####g taxi". This was overheard by an officer behind me who arrested me on the spot, he suggested that I was being loud and shouting alot (which is a fair statement as I'd had quite a few to drink and was trying to calm my other drunk mate down) but also admitted that I only swore once. Apparent…

    Alpha Victor 11546620647
  4. top-banana16
    Started by top-banana16 * ,

    I am just seeking clarity as to the law on this. I am 17 and having just passed my test I am known to attend parties when there on. I was planning on going to a party on friday night (getting drunk), sleeping in my car overnight and then driving back home the next day. Now I do not want a lecture on being over the limit the next morning as i am fully aware this is a posibility and will watch my unites closely. What i am wondering is 1) can i be done for sleeping in my car when drunk? If so, why? I have no intention to drive intoxicated. 2) What is the punishment for such an offence? and 3) If i place my keys on my car wheel for example, will this show I havo intention to …

  5. bensonby
    Started by bensonby +,

    I nicked a young lad for something that arguably is quite embarassing him for him. Clearly he needed an appropriate adult - so his mum came down. However, it occured to me that a teenage boy might not want to talk about some compromising circumstances in front of his mum. what happens if a suspect says "I'll tell you about it all, but not in front of my mum"? Is there any mechanism in place to get rid of the approrpiate adult?

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.7k views
  6. foxmale
    Started by foxmale,

    HI ALL,, If you can think back to April of this year i asked about the law om couplings on my tralier, pre 1997 and under 750kg, can can now inform you i wanted to take it to court but i have just had a letter telling me that its been dropped, i was told it was a clerical error so it will be going no further.. anyway thanks for all the help and input regarding this i just love this site well good.. anyway all the very best to everyone...

    • 0 replies
    • 664 views
  7. jeweller
    Started by jeweller * ,

    hi,just wondering if anyone could give me any info on whats likely to happen to me. iv been charged with common assault,i was originally arrested for violent disorder along with a few others in a pub.the land lady swung at my girlfriend to wich i then punched her in the face. i was questioned the next morning but gave no comment(at this time the victim had made no complaint and i wasnt questioned about a specific assault) i was bailed for a later date,but before that date the officer came to my house and said id get a letter from court as im been charged with common assault(he said its not serious and was very helpfull). however i do have previous,im 24 but havent bee…

    • 9 replies
    • 3.6k views
    kpeter201546620256
  8. keepyourpeace
    Started by keepyourpeace,

    hi guys- was arrested at the age of 17 for posession of cannabis (a very small amount) in july 2009. Was kept in a cell, finger printed etc, interviewed, and reprimanded. Now im 19, have not been in trouble with the law since, and would like to know if this has been cleared or something to that effect from the PNC? Also, a reprimand is only a police record, not a criminal record, am i correct? And if it has not been cleared, when will it be? I am asking as I am interested in moving to south africa once I finish university (so when I am 21/22) and need a police clearance certificate and would like to know if this would show up. Thanks!

    • 8 replies
    • 1.7k views
  9. Greg40
    Started by Greg40,

    Hello, I have a problem with car parking on a access road which i own, the road is access to 8 cottages. The tenants living in the fifth cottage think they have the right to park outside as numbers 6 & 7 are not occupied and No 8 has a different access. My problem is as the landlord is trying to sell the property and with a car parked outside the back door it infers there is off road parking available. Having discussed the parking with the tenants I got nowhere, just given a series of reason why they can park there. I have heard from other neighbours the vehicle is not insured, Can I legally remove the car by towing out onto the highway.

    • 3 replies
    • 1k views
  10. bassmomma
    Started by bassmomma * ,

    Please bear with me as I am new to this forum. On 24th April 2011 I bought a car from a garage for my daughter and my 2 year old granddaughter to get around. It was a Ford Mondeo 2000 model, which I managed to purchase for £500. as the tax was due at the end of that month. The garage provided me with a bill of sale, 2 sets of keys, all old tax discs, full service history, MOT certificate and v5 documentation, which I filled in promptly to change ownership to ourselves.(myself and husband) However 6+ weeks later, on 9th June my daughter rang to say that when she and her friend came out of their gym session, they found that the car was gone. 2 police officers informed …

  11. eurgbp1546620703
    Started by eurgbp1546620703,

    OK, for instance one case of common assault in Magistrates' Court it costs approx. average 250 GBP Court Fees + 150 GBP Victim Compensation, total ~400 GBP (CPS wanted 550 GBP). Installments payment type for 7 months, by chunks. Hearing lasted 2 FULL Court days, from beginning of April 2011 to end of June 2011. Case itself from beginning of October 2010 So I wonder DE NOVO trial in CROWN COURT, how much would it cost on average approx? Are we talking about many thousands? Do they allow paying by installments? Show examples and numbers here please :)

  12. matt_w
    Started by matt_w,

    PC Smith is approached by a MOP who has seen a man with a rifle case in his car. PC Smith speaks with the driver who admits to having a rifle in his car, but no ammunition. The rifle is a bolt action weapon. The man claims to have an Firearms Cert. but says he has left it at home. He claims he is transporting the weapon to his local shooting range. What should PC Smith do next?

    • 15 replies
    • 1.7k views
    IrateShrike +
  13. NewhamSC
    Started by NewhamSC,

    I have just come across this twitter account @fcklilgirls - the tweets are disgusting! Anyway if this person is investigated and they find the person behind it, is this illegal and would the person be liable to prosecution?

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.7k views
    killicksparker
  14. PCBIGDAWG
    Started by PCBIGDAWG,

    I need help settling an argument between myself and my custody Sgt. I was driving behind a car, i put on my blues and twos and the driver stopped the car. He got out of the car and i asked him if he had any insurance. He then decided to run off. I arrested him the following day for failing to stop, no insurance, etc. My custody sgt refused to book him in for fail to stop because he said the fella had stopped the vehicle as requested. I ran this by our local traffic officer who stated that he HAS failed to stop as he hasnt allowed the officer to check his driving credentials as requested. I know we will all have an OPINION on this matter but im looking for factual case …

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 5.9k views
  15. oddbod
    Started by oddbod,

    Am I right in thinking a pedlars licence is needed to sell goods, such as dusters door to door? Is a licence required to sell/offer services (gas/electricity suppliers) in the same manner? Does this apply to charity collections?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 2.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.