Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. Commissioner
    Started by Commissioner,

    In this video here , under what laws can the PO actually detain the person in question and request details, and failure to do so will lead to arrest?

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 675 views
    morale_outbreak
  2. 100 Papa Sierra
    Started by 100 Papa Sierra,

    I don't think the Northern Ireland forum is as active as this one so I'm reposting my query here (hope this is ok with the moderators) I'm currently looking at articles 5 and 6 of the Criminal Evidence (Northern Ireland) Order 1988. I've looked at PACE Code H but is there a specific form of words that should be used when giving these special warnings in Northern Ireland? I know there isn't in England & Wales (under CJPO s.36 & 37) I'm already familiar with the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, sections 36 and 37 having researched these on PNLD and NPIA practice advice guides as well in Volume 2 of the Blackstones manual (2011) But is there a differenc…

    • 0 replies
    • 645 views
    100 Papa Sierra
  3. StephenRMoore
    Started by StephenRMoore * ,

    Hi, I'm a High Court Enforcement Officer writing a book on debt collection. I need a little professional help. I would like your opinion on something. When I mention using the courts to recover money I regularly get business owners, some even seeming respectful ones that comment that they don't need the law as they 'know' someone. I'm writing a chapter on using violence to recover debts and how stupid it is. Now picture the scene. Business owner instructs thug to collect his money from a late paying customer. The customer pays, even though he has a genuine dispute, because he believes that he will be assaulted if he refuses. What would you charge the business ow…

  4. Daymz
    Started by Daymz * ,

    Found this after doing a few seconds of surfing for R4 cards; http://www.obabala.com/r4-sdhc-4gb-micro-sd-preloaded-60-games-p-102.html and several others similar on this site (and probably many others) The only reason I started looking was I've been similarly cheated over the last few days by a seller on ebay (seller name: tricky-fandango), who described the games he was selling as "cartridge only, no case", then this R4 card turned up in the post. Never even seen such a thing before. Have lodged a complaint through ebays awful system, but am going to try to phone them later to get a proper resolution to this (and hopefully they will do something about this serial off…

  5. RunningTings
    Started by RunningTings,

    One thing I've seen in the past and never actually been able to figure out - what is the law on the plastic covering of rear light cluster (say any Peugeot car), you have a red case, with 3 filters and bulbs inside - if this case is broken the lights are still their intentional colours (red/white/amber). So, theoretically is driving around with a smashed cover legal providing the lights are of the same colour, or is it illegal due to some snazzy stuff that the cover does? Probably a question for traffic

    • 20 replies
    • 13k views
  6. shaunashford
    Started by shaunashford,

    Having a little rant here I think. I am starting to get really fed up of going into the Asda, Tesco etc carpark, going to park in the correct space for me to find people who do not have children or people that are disabled parking in these spaces. I know that blue badge holders can park near enough anywhere they want but even when there are spaces in the disabled parking area, I have found that they still park in the parent & child parking spaces. Is there any sort of law that prevents this? Also, a few days ago, we were parked up, children in the trolley when I heard a women shouting at somebody. Had a quick look around, found out she had challenged a man that wa…

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 5.5k views
    Administrative Account
  7. securitas88
    Started by securitas88,

    I was just looking through the Vagrancy Act 1824 (as you do) and noticed that anybody can arrest anyone who comitts an offence under that act, regardless of whether they are indictable. It seems that if I see a beggar on the street I can apprehend him and take him before a Justice of the Peace. I also noticed that under section 3 of the Theft Act, there is a specific right for anybody to arrest people comitting an offence under that section. Wondering if anyone else knows of any other laws which supplement citizens arrest under section 24a of PACE.

    • 26 replies
    • 1.9k views
  8. bigtone88
    Started by bigtone88 * ,

    Good evening all, I was wondering what legislation/precedence covers the use of hand-cuffs? At what point are people hand-cuffed? Do you cuff someone that is under arrest even if being completely non-violent? What about someone that is being threatening but not necessarily backing it up? Can you appeal against being hand-cuffed and under what ground can you argue that you were hand-cuffed illegally? On a final and slightly off topic point. As a member of the public, when conducting a citizens arrest what are my limitations? As I am new to the forums a quick introduction... I am a serving member of HM Armed Forces and am looking forward to possibly joining the polic…

    • 17 replies
    • 3.9k views
  9. Murray1546620195
    Started by Murray1546620195,

    Hello, I've got a question about protests. Not sure if linking videos is allowed, but I can't really explain my question without showing an example of what I mean, so http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK7TrgLDERM...feature=related - If it breaks the rules, then could the mods remove it? About 15-20 seconds into that video I see the police charging forward with batons and attacking protesters. I don't know exactly where that was, so I'm not sure of what exactly was going on prior to that charge. My question is - If I happen to find myself in that situation, and am peacefully protesting - and I am charged at by officers, what legal rights can I use to defend myself? - a…

  10. Tom Sawyer
    Started by Tom Sawyer,

    How much experience do people think you need before you leave core 24/7 or indeed these days NPT policing if thats your first port of call. I will chuck my hat in the ring and say there should be a minimum of five years front line experience with long term sickness/maternity leave not counting for this time but it should include the probation. I think there is not enough experience out there and we are short changing the public by moving the experienced ones away from front line public access. I have had a bee in my bonnet over this for a while so just wondered what people thought. Also brought on by the fact that I have found out an officer doing my job in another ar…

  11. medic1
    Started by medic1,

    say Mr A is a drug dealer and Mr B steals Mr A's drugs? does Mr B commit an offence other than possession of drugs?

      • Like
    • 38 replies
    • 4.1k views
    Noodles1546081092
  12. loaiuk
    Started by loaiuk,

    A friend of mine is in love with a woman. But her husband sending lots of harransment message asking him to leave his wife alone SMS THREAT -- He will spy on him -- Asking him to fight -- will ruin his reputation -- will ruin his life FACE TO FACE THREAT -- hE WILL KILL THE GUY AND THEN HIMSELF HE DOESN'T LEAVE HIS WIFE BUT ALL HE SAYING IS WORD. tHEY MEET SEVERAL TIMES BUT THE PERSON WHO IS THREATENING NEVER USE FORCE OR EVEN TOUCH HAND. IT'S JUST BY MOUTH OR SMS. I BELIEVE HE JUST WANT TO SCARE HIM WHAT CAN HE DO? CAN HE REPORT TO POLICE AND THEY ARREST HIM? WHAT THE LAW SAY FOR THIS? IS THERE ANYTHING HE CAN DO?

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 912 views
    HampshireSaint
  13. fuzzdmedic
    Started by fuzzdmedic,

    greetings all. the question is in the title what constitutes "driving without due care and attention" , "dangerous driving" and "careless driving"? any clarification would be most apprecated.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
  14. ataylor0
    Started by ataylor0,

    I was a bit alarmed when i saw this: S5 of the Armed Forces Act 2006. Is this really saying that it is an offence to not escape capture? So if you are aware of how you can escape and you don't, you are committing an offence. Is it just me that things thats a little silly? I mean its common sense to escape if you can, but why an is it an offence if you dont?

    • 10 replies
    • 810 views
  15. SC Ben1546081185
    Started by SC Ben1546081185,

    I'm having some right trouble remember what type of assault it is, sounds really stupid I know but is there an easy way to remember them? Common Assault GBH ABH Have I missed one?

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 2.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.