Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. Soliloquy
    Started by Soliloquy,

    So you're on patrol with a colleague on foot. You have grounds to search one male out of a group of around 8 males for whatever reason. Your colleague begins searching him when one of his friends gets up on the wall next to where the search is being conducted and therefore comprising the safety of the search. You ask him to get down, he refuses. You and your colleague move further down the road away from the crowd and the obstructive gentleman follows you again being a nuisance. You tell him that his presence in the area is comprising your colleague conducting the search safely and that you're going to move away a short distance again and if he follows you it will be cons…

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 2.8k views
    Administrative Account
  2. vincey999
    Started by vincey999,

    Hello What's the current rules for penalty notices?- is it still a £200 upper limit for theft? What about criminal damage ?! Finally what about ages and appropriate adults!? Alot of questions I know and I imagine some of it Is force specific!

    • 6 replies
    • 921 views
  3. Gelf
    Started by Gelf,

    I was watching a Road Wars/Police Camera Action type programme the other day where a Cop in the US was transporting an arrested person to the nick when the DP spat on him so the cop pulled over and pulled the guys tshirt over his head (Ravanelli style) to stop him spitting at him again. I thought it was a clever Idea as he couldnt spit through the tshirt so it worked well. But would it be legal to do it here? im guessing not.

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 2.4k views
  4. Gordon_M
    Started by Gordon_M,

    I'll keep this one brief. First - thanks for the trailer brakes discussions I've found on here using the search facility - at least one point there has caused me to change what I'm doing to comply with the C&U regs :whistle2: Second - a trailer brake question, and feel free to speculate because this isn't related to a past or pending case - in fact my trailer is staying in the garage till I'm confident I have my head round the answer to this one. I have a smallish two axle close-coupled cargo trailer, around 500Kg Net and 2000Kg Gross, made 1987 ( from plate info on it ) and equipped with both a handbrake and overrun braking system operating on two wheels / one …

    • 8 replies
    • 2k views
  5. Traffic Rat
    Started by Traffic Rat +,

    From @cheshirepolice Twitter Feed 2 recent convictions for Inciting Disorder Perry Sutcliffe-Keenan, 22, of Richmond Avenue, Warrington, jailed for 4 years after inciting disorder through social networking sites Jordan Blackshaw, 20, of Vale Road in Marston near Northwich, jailed for 4 years after inciting disorder through social networking sites OUCH - that's sending a message or what !!

      • Like
    • 34 replies
    • 4.3k views
    query1546620743
  6. mazzman
    Started by mazzman,

    Hi guys, just a bit confused with an aspect of this.. Say someone has committed a summary offence, common assault for example and pre arrest they run and enter a premises with you in pursuit, am I right in thinking we have no power to enter under S17?!? Similarly if you have arrested them (for a summary offence) and they run can you enter due to them being unlawfully at large? Cheers

      • Like
    • 62 replies
    • 14.4k views
  7. Fox1546620736
    Started by Fox1546620736,

    Hi everyone Who/What are the DXN Police? When there was riots in london I saw lots of their vans but I have never seen them before? I have lived in london for 17 years and never have seen DXN police? I have googled and YouTube but have found nothing? Are they just normal riot units but just in a black vans or do they have something that other units don't have? I mean they only come when it's really out of hand right? Thanks -Fox Ps Here is what there vans look like PPS sorry for any bad spelling.

  8. x024684427
    Started by x024684427,

    Odd query. I know people can use reasonable force to eject people from their houses. Can people do this if they want to eject someone from their vehicle? And does this extend to public transport? Like trains? What about Buses? If the bus driver asks someone to leave, are they allowed to use force to remove them? And are they allowed to ask e.g. Police to eject them because they don't want them onboard? This isn't just about crimes being committed, but also civil reasons e.g someone annoying bus driver and driver requests him/her to get off the bus.

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 2.1k views
  9. Peeler91
    Started by Peeler91,

    I'm studying up for my Hate Crime and Assault lessons on Saturday and it came to my attention that under Section 29 Crime & Disorder Act 1998 that a common assault, ABH and GBH can be racially or religiously aggravated. My question is as an assault of a police officer is seperate from common assault can there be such thing as a racially/religiously aggravated assault of a police officer or would it just be considered a racially aggravated assault or just an assault on police?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
    TangoBravoVimto
  10. PCSkidder
    Started by PCSkidder,

    Hello. I'm new here and I hope you don't mind me breezing on in here with a query / question regarding harassment and the internet. I am going to try and keep this as brief and succinct as I can so you don't nod off. But this is a really tricky one. I think because internet and harrassment is a fairly new phenomena, it's hard to know what exactly to do to deal with internet "bullies". I have been a member and a manager/moderator on other web forums for about 6 years. I've witnessed one person who has continually "bullies" (intimidates) others (from other forums) and her behaviour in "real life" would be considered bullying. This person is highly intelligent, articulate…

  11. Sergeant Colon
    Started by Sergeant Colon,

    Following an interesting discussion in this thread, i'm asking the question what does the term "unlawfully at large" mean? As stated, I was taught that it applied exclusively to the conditions under Section 17 (cb) of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act and this does not extend to police custody; Now obviously i'm pretty aggrieved with my trainers if this turns out to be false and it does extend to police custody under Section 17 (d) of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act; So I thought I would do a little research on the term "unlawfully at large", as it isn't clarified in the legislation. The only definitions I can find refer to escape from prisons or other deten…

    • 21 replies
    • 6.3k views
  12. carlm90
    Started by carlm90,

    Hello, Just a quick question that I'm trying to clear up. If a section 18 has been authorised by inspector and officers go to premises but it turns out that premises they have forced entry into does not belong to the suspect, can the officers continue to search the premises if they see e.g. Drugs on a table? Remember the premises does not belong to the suspect so would further warrants need to be obtained? Are the officer's unlawfully searching those premises? Thanks

    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. trev123
    Started by trev123,

    Hi, I was recently arrested and charged with intent to supply Class B (Marijuana) and Possession of Class A (Cocaine). I attended court a few times and was then charged with intent to supply both Class A AND Class B. they changed the case due to further evidence. I used the term 'SNIFF' on a text message and they then believed that 'SNIFF' was in fact Cocaine. When referring to the word 'SNIFF' I was talking about a drug called 'KIEF' which is a Class B drug. 'KIEF' is the powder that comes from a Marijuana Bud. Many people 'SNIFF' this drug as it gets you high allot quicker. I was given a choice on whether to plead 'Guilty' or take it to trial and plead 'Not Guilty'…

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 2.1k views
    Administrative Account
  14. The Mad Taff
    Started by The Mad Taff +,

    In the event of a pretty major event where the Home Secretary were to decide that the Special Constabulary were to be called up to assist the regular force, what act of legistlation covers this?

      • Like
    • 70 replies
    • 7.7k views
  15. vincey999
    Started by vincey999,

    Hello When issuing an adult police caution you need some kind of admission in a PACE interview. Im sure i read somewhere that when dealing with youths a warning/reprimand can still be issued if they deny it - if there is overwhelming evidence. Can anyone help with this....?!

    • 5 replies
    • 1.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.