England & Wales
4557 topics in this forum
-
i was in ealing police station yard picking up a police bmw to go for service had to kepp the gates open as the yard is small while i was loading the vehicle to people walked roun the side of my lorry so i said to them thay could not come through this way ans had to go to the front office when he replyed he was a police officer so i ask him for some id which upset him a lot and i would not let him pass till he showed me hes id unkown to me an inspector had heard me and came over and said to me thay was police officers but well down for not just letting people walk in the yard on returning to my base and tellying them about it the company told me in no uncertain terms that…
-
What powers do police have for testing a vehicle on the roadside for red diesel? I know HMRC (what was customs and excise) have powers to test.
-
What, if any, offence is committed by a constable if they fail to give there collar number when asked by a MoP? They might give their station, but nothing else. For the purpose of this, the officer is either a rank which doesnt have collar numbers on, doesnt have there collar number showing etc John
-
If special constables are off-duty and observe a crime taking place, are they legally allowed to use mobile phone cameras to record images of suspects or a crime in progress? As I understand it, police officers are not allowed to monitor the public even though the public can monitor the police. But in this case do we count as members of the public? Would such pictures constitute a violation of rights for someone they would identify at the time as a potential suspect? The use of mobile phone or PDA camera coverage by members of the public seems to have caught on in New York: http://www.zdnet.com...ht-crime/150929 If officers are allowed to take pictures in this context…
-
while out shopping with my family i bumped into my sons exgirlfriend and my granddaughter which she has stopped us from seeing since they split as i went to speak to my granddaughter my sons ex started shouting and swearing at me to stay away from my granddaughter saying i was unfit to be a grandmother even though i have done no wrong she was very abusive to me infront of a full shop she shouted out for everyone to hear that i smoked cannabis while i was pregnant with my son thats why he was born with a cleft lip this is very untrue what can i do
-
-
- 26 replies
- 3.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hi i was wondering if someone could answer my question when i was 20 years old i had a girly catfight scuffle with a girl i worked with long story short we were both as bad as each other and both got dismissed from work however 2 weeks later i was arrested on suspicion of assualt regarding this incident taken to the station i gave a statement , then i requested that i also should file a claim of assault so they then looked into the matter i never knew if the other girl was arrested or not as a few weeks later i had a letter saying the case had been scrapped and when i called the station i was told basically in a nutshell that it was half a dozen of 1 and 6 of…
-
Hi, I have recently joined my shift after completing my classroom training phase. The other day I was working as our 'appointment car' and dealing with a lot of the C Grade jobs. The job I went to was a male complaining that another male had been swearing at him and been threatening and abusive towards him in the street, he was making threats to punch him a beat the sh*t out of him.. In the end some serious words of advice were issued for his conduct. In this situation could I have arrested the suspect for Sec 4 PO even though this incident happened 2 days ago?? and just taken a statement from the victim?? It seems to be a very common job recently, of one person bei…
-
-
Greetings all, This is purely hypothetical, don't worry. It was inspired by actually witnessing two officers chasing someone on foot (had never actually seen it before) who did end up catching him. I was wondering though, if a random member of public realised the police were chasing this man and then stopped the man with force (i.e. tackling, grabbing, pushing) could that be regarded as assault from the perspective of the criminal? I mean I'm sure the officers would be thankful but its still measurable as assault, right? Thanks.
-
-
Hello, I personally wrote my own police formal complaint. That has now been rejected after further inv. I am not happy at the outcome. This police org (pnsi) have an incredibly low level of complaints not upheld. Last year I believe they only upheld single or low two digit numbers out of 4000. I know it is a heated question , but are the Ombudsman staff fully dissociated with the police and do these guys have skills and training to perform there jobs. The reason I ask the second question, is because in the course of my pnis open complaint i had 30 emails communications with Omb. staff. sam
-
- 21 replies
- 4.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Found 2 cars with steamy windows parked right next to each other in a dark car park. Obviously got the occupants out, all a bit embarressing for them, non were married, and the details they provided for their partners were a bit vague and sketchy, but all appeared to be consensual so words of advice given and they foxtrot oscar out of there sharpish. I think it's fair to assume that the girls were not in the cars that they originally arrived in.... As we're getting into the van, one of the more naive officers says "I wonder if they realised that there was a car parked next to them doing the same thing?" Errrrr....
-
I'm looking for legislation that governs the police use of force. The only thing i know of is PACE. Could someone point me in the direction of anything else? Thanks, Alex.
-
Hello everyone, I am a current serving response officer and got sent to a call on the last set of shifts, which got me thinking. The Manager of a Children's home (Children aged 14-17) called the Police because she could smell a strong smell of what she believed to be cannabis coming from one of the residents rooms. This lad had previous for drug offences and the Manager was sure he had drugs in his room. I was sent to attend, however at first I believed I had no power to act due to S23 Misuse of Drugs Act covering a "Public place only," and this was a private residence. I was aware I could have gone to get a warrant, however this wasn't practical at the time and with…
-
-
- 18 replies
- 12.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, O.k basically a few years ago I made a huge mistake and stole £50 from the till of the place I worked at. I was subsequently asked about it by my managers (why the till was minus £50) and I confessed. They did not have any CCTV footage but just my admission. As part of their procedure, they seek to prosecute all instances of theft so they had to call the police. The police came and I was taken away to the police station and interviewed etc. I later paid back the money and was given a police caution. I am trying to find out how long this will stay on my record for? Is there any way of having it erased once this time is up? Is there any way to erase it …
-
-
- 9 replies
- 1.4k views
- 2 followers
-