Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

England & Wales

  1. Chaos871546081206
    Started by Chaos871546081206,

    Not sure if this is the right place but I'm sure the Mods will relocate if not... I might be wrong but don't people only have to stop for a 'constable in uniform' If I'm correct in this then surely people pulled by plain clothes officer don't actually have to stop. What I had in mind was GMPs Tactical Vehicle Crime Unit officers, who wore civvies and drove unmarked vehicles?

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 2.9k views
    Rorschach1546081239
  2. GoneForgotten
    Started by GoneForgotten,

    Hi, Can someone settle this for me. Speeding on a bicycle, not in a Royal Park, like a normal road. I believe it is an offence, but can someone point me at the law and any relevant case law? Please no guessing. Cheers, WAID

    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. cheshire10
    Started by cheshire10,

    Does anyone know whether this would be contempt? Witness receives a mags court summons and contacts the witness unit to state that he will not be able to attend. Apparently he is on a business trip out of UK. The case has to be adjourned until July because of the witness being on a business trip. Anyway, during the week the witness is meant to be on the business trip he is seen in the area. He therefore clearly lied about his non availability but is it contempt? What will happen once the CPS are notified?

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 592 views
    GoneForgotten
  4. Soapyw
    Started by Soapyw,

    Has anyone experience of private (not council / police) parking charges? My understanding is they are an entirely civil matter only enforceable if chased through civil court? I recently received a 'parking charge notice', which looks very official with legal sounding language and police style chequers around the edge. I overstayed a free car parks stay by 15 minutes. I've looked into it a little and all advice points to ignore them and any subsequent letters completely. My reasons are I was a customer at the shops and only ran late after clocking a shop lifter who I followed until uniform arrived. I doubt this would have any sway with the company and anyway think it is …

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.8k views
  5. Klaus
    Started by Klaus,

    Hello. I know that stun guns aren't allowed in the UK (along with pepper spray etc.) but under what act is this or what is the actual offence? I seem to remember a long time ago being told that it was classified as a sec 5 firearm but I'm not too sure about that. Could someone please tell me what the offence is for a) having one b) carrying one c) using one And the likely sentence (or jail term if applicable) for each. Thanks.

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 14.3k views
    Noodles1546081092
  6. ssmall91
    Started by ssmall91,

    About a month ago my Girl Friend stayed over night at my house, she had to leave her car parked on the road opposite a drive way. In the morning we went back to the car and noticed that there was a dent in the car door done by the owner of the house opposite when they reversed off their drive. They claimed that she was parking illegally but there are no street markings painted on the street or signs saying its illegal. I was wondering if anyone knows of any legislation that could help me out with this situation. Thanks guys!

    • 14 replies
    • 1k views
  7. tagzy
    Started by tagzy,

    If you are a victim of crime in one force area, but live in a different area, which force do you initially contact to report the crime? This sounds like a daft question, but I tried to report a crime that happened in London to the MET and they insisted I should report the crime to my local force. However my local force begged to differ so I had to call the MET back which they didn't seem too happy about! Very confused!

    • 5 replies
    • 954 views
  8. Airwolf79
    Started by Airwolf79 * ,

    Can you get arrested for D & D And spend the night in the cell... and not get fined just a slap on the wrist...

    • 4 replies
    • 874 views
  9. Ancaster1973
    Started by Ancaster1973 * ,

    Removed

  10. kennyboy
    Started by kennyboy * ,

    Hi, My son is living in a small block of flats in hampshire and one of the residents have just aquired a dog, its about a year old now, the breed of the dog is a dogo argentino, this is on the list of banned dogs in the uk, now the owners are just letting the dog roam free at the back of the flats where there is a green area, on several occasions when my son and his wife have driven in to the car park, and also other residents, they have been confronted by this large dog, and last week they had some visitors who had a small child, the dog ran up to the child and really gave her and mum and dad a fright, the owners came out to call the dog in and where asked politley i…

    Fishy1546620302
  11. Josh'Grizzly'Gregory
    Started by Josh'Grizzly'Gregory,

    I'm having some issues in trying to understand section 16 (Removal of truants to a designated place) of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998. My link I'm only enquiring because I'm writing an essay on the Fiona Pilkington case and the use of this act. Not asking for someone to do it, just asking for some plain English as I can't understand the wording of the act.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.4k views
    fruitandveg +
  12. henrietta1546620710
    Started by henrietta1546620710 * ,

    hi, i am in a bit of a pickle. i have been involved in a relationship with a married man for past three years, who assured me from the start he is making us happen, just needs to work out how etc. (as they always do i assume?) i have stated from beginning that if he doesnt sort it out, and come clean to his wife, i will do it myself when i feel its not going anywhere. silly me, in love with him big time, have ignored the warning signs along the way of relationship. as time went by and i discovered more and more lies, that i confronted him about he started to threaten me, then turned around and said he dont mean it etc ( he is bio polar). more and more weird lies has be…

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  13. GMP_Lee
    Started by GMP_Lee,

    If somone has a wireless internet connection in theyre home that is not secured (e.g. anyone can connect to it that has a wireless connection) is there a law that this might come under if somone was to do this without the permission of the person that pays for the internet connection?

    • 41 replies
    • 3.8k views
    Rorschach1546081239
  14. Lewisk
    Started by Lewisk * ,

    Hi, I understand that this forum is not intended for legal advice, but the case I wish to discuss is closed, I do not seek advice, only a clarification of the implications of my offence. Reently I recieved a PND for cannabis pocession, and what I was told by the officers who dealt with me doesn't appear to correlate with what I have found out elsewhere. The problem is, noone seems willing to give a straight answer, and any information I can find is expressed in such cold and legalistic language that it hardly makes sense. This is why I have resorted to a forum, because I cannot find any decent information anywhere else! I essentially wanted to clarify what the consequ…

    • 6 replies
    • 2.5k views
    Fishy1546620302
  15. Lew15
    Started by Lew15 * ,

    Hi guys Im new to the site here. Last night I had a look in a dealership for a car. I was in the process of buying when I got told that it was Catergory C. I wasnt sure what it meant at the advice ive recieved is sketchy hence why im trying here. Is it a legal requirement to declare that the car is catergory c prior to purchase? Do they have to disclose it or is it up to me to find out. Its put the frightners up me a bit. I sold my car on autotrader and I wouldnt dream of letting someone drive away without knowing its history. Can a buyer be openly decieved like this?

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.