England & Wales
4557 topics in this forum
-
Hello everyone, I would like to share an experience I had just recently, and to hear some thoughts from others. Im 24, and work in a family business situated on an Industrial estate bordering the edge of a small town. Every day for my lunch break, I take a stroll to the nearest shop to buy a sandwich, and get a bit of exercise. Along the way there are half a dozen huge, untended blackberry bushes on an embankment - every year I enjoy grabbing a few mouthfuls before or after I get a sandwich. Today, I was scavenging through the last pickings of the season, and I noticed a police car pass me by. I didnt make anything of it, and given the slim pickings by now, I decided to …
-
- 14 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hi my sons just been driving just under 2 years . his now ex girlfrend tryed to take his car from him with his keys she was 17 with prov licence. he jumped in the passenger side to stop her but she drove of with him in the car then hitting a barn crashing now my son has been to court he has now got 6 points for her having no insurance thus loosing his licence he now has to retake his test. but he is not at fault is there any way of appealing.he needs his licence as he is a mechanic hope you can help
-
My ex was given a car a couple of years ago and 'put' the V5 in our son's name who is now still only 2 years old. My ex wrote the car off last week and I'm now wondering if there's any chance of come back on myself or my son and would also love to know if my ex will get into any trouble for it (god knows he deserves it)? I'm assuming he's got insurance and maybe tax and MOT, though knowing him these aren't a definate. Can anyone also answer why he would choose to put the car in our son's name, rather than his own?
-
just become aware of a case where the police have taken a car under 165 rta because the driver had an expired photo id (driving licence), this is clearly incorrect use of the provision,,, just wondered if this is a one off or if its a wide spread misapplication of the law your thought please
-
Not sure how the knife amnesty came about or to much about it. Can you legally carry a knife? if so what is the legal size of the blade? or are all bladed articles banned? what would happen if you where caught carrying a knife?. If your not allowed to carry any kind of weapon. what legally can you carry for self defence?. I maybe wrong that is why i posted this but it seems like people are sitting ducks that any criminal could assault and they know that you are pretty much defenceless. No tasers, No knifes, guns ,paper spray , no nothing saying that I might be wrong. What scars me the most is that if we cant protect ourselves and the police wont protect you then the…
-
-
- 35 replies
- 7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
As I understand it Tresspass is a tort, and signs that say Tresspassers will be prosecuted' have only scare value, in as much as if the sign is ignored then the landowner can only seek an injuction against that named individual for future occasions. I also understand that there are a couple of exceptions (ie Ministry of Defence Property being one), but I'm pulling my hair out trying to recall the others, can anyone help me out. Apologies for the post, I'm not using this for drop in legal advice, it's only to satisfy my own curiosity, thanks in advance for any advice Mossycat
-
Is it legal for an officer to confiscate an item from someone without them ever being charged/arrested first? I'll give you the following example, guy's stopped for a routine check, whilst checking driving documents etc a multi tool (Leatherman Wave) is discovered, guy does explain that it's useful for work at times due to him being a service engineer. The guy is strictly legal with all the driving documents and hasn't done anything wrong to provoke being stopped, OK, I don't know if he could actually prove that he were on his way to a job or on his way to/from the work depot but shouldn't he be taken to the station first to be charged with 'bladed article in public' or…
-
- 15 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, What's the law regarding people who cut out just the red "L" on L plates and stick them onto their bike with no white background, is that driving otherwise in accordance? Also if you stop someone for only displaying one L plate and they say "Oh it must have fallen off" do you normally give them a FPN for driving otherwise in accordance or do you give them a chance and just give them a warning to buy some new ones?
-
Hi, I know that possession of an offensive weapon (including something you intend to use as a weapon) in a public place is illegal without reasonable excuse. But I was wondering, what is the law on possessing offensive weapons (eg: a knife) or something you intend to use as a weapon (eg: baseball bat) at home for protection of yourself, your property and others? I don't know of any legislation that bans this type of possession and was wondering if anyone could enlighten me. The kind of senario I was thinking of was if someone had a hunting knife in their top drawer or a baseball bat next to their bed in case of aggravated burgalry/home invasion. Also, if it is not illega…
-
I'm a sailing coach, and as such, I have to carry a bright yellow, blunt ended Rescue Knife with me at all times when I'm on the water. (for cutting ropes if any of the kids became trapped under the boat and were drowning, etc) I recently read about a sailor ending up on the wrong side of the law for having a boating knife in his glovebox. Legally, the blade is locking, so it wouldn't be classed as a penknife. However, what would the legal situation be when I'm travelling to/from events? I need to keep the knife (but not the blunt, rounded end) very sharp, for obvious reasons, but because it's serrated, it needs to go to a specialist knife shop. How would I stand if …
-
- 40 replies
- 15k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, So a quick question, presuming a driver holding a Cat B licence has held their licence for 2 years could they drive a minbus for the job? Is the kicker that it's not a Social purpose? I was reading http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/WhatCanYouDriveAndYourObligations/DG_4022619 and I was wondering if this was an abriged version, can any black rats clarify?
-
Under s.178 of the Licensing act 1964 (which is, at the moment, still in force I believe) a licenced premises may not (generally) supply refreshment to a constable on duty. Thinking back to my Licensing training a premises needs a licence in order to sell alcohol (on or off sales) and/or to serve hot food after 2300 hours. Therefore, most of the places people buy refs come under this definition: The supermarket that you buy your sandwich is also licenced to seel alcohol, The fast food shop that is open late at night is also a licenced premises...... Where can I legally go and buy my food?!?
-
Hi guys, Just a quick question really. I'm thinking of applying for a position with Steiner Cruises, and on the Application Form there is a question like "Have you ever been arrested, cautioned or convicted...?" To which the answer would be Yes, I have a caution from Sept 2009 for Theft By Employee (which in retrospect I should never have accepted, but based on the knowledge and advice at the time it seemed like the right decision - but that's another story). However, I've been told and read in a few places that I don't have to declare a caution as it is spent immediately (or in 3 months?) so I could put "No" down on the form - correct? The biggest issue I have with j…
-
- 3 replies
- 877 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am aware if a tape summariser transcribes police interviews from tape they have to supply a statement to the fact of the date they did them.If a retrial was ordered and new transcripts of police interviews are done again which are different from ones used in original trial which have been edited or words altered.Would the tape summariser have to supply a new statement to the new transcripts of police interviews been used as evidence showing any alterations from originals used in original trial.
-
Stupid question but I'm still training so what do you expect. Anyway if sec 24 of PACE has been amended in Sec 110 of SOCPA, why when officers arrest is PACE Sec 24 used? Thanks and hope that makes sense. *And topic should have been sec 24.