Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. jwhitehurst2
    Started by jwhitehurst2 * ,

    Hi i'm James, I've been a special since 2012 but have recently moved to Dyfed-Powys Police. I have joined the forum as i'd like to discuss policing topics and issues with other specials, regulars and PCSOs, and it will be nice to talk to like minded people. Cheers James

    • 2 replies
    • 120 views
  2. read82
    Started by read82,

    Hi hope some body can help, my question is when your asked to attend an interview for special constable after passing at the assessment centre are you given the questions prior to the interview or are they just asked on the day?

    • 3 replies
    • 156 views
  3. Odie
    Started by Odie,
  4. digory
    Started by digory * ,

    Hi, I am a new member who has joined as I have an interest in becoming a Police constable.

    • 1 reply
    • 131 views
  5. Eddiebell
    Started by Eddiebell * ,

    So hi! Decided to join the forum as I’m a crime / Thriller writer and I am always on the look out to improve my work and seek advice. Hope you all have a lovely day. Ed

    • 2 replies
    • 555 views
  6. Kitty1546080758
    Started by Kitty1546080758 +,

    Thought it would be an idea as many new members are joining that people can introduce themselves on this thread so we can welcome them. I'll start with myself: Kitty, Special Constable :lol: This thread also serves as our new guestbook, the old one having fallen into the hands of scurrilous spammers who only want to advertise their grubby little websites

      • Like
    • 2.4k replies
    • 114k views
  7. ALEXANDERSON
    Started by ALEXANDERSON * ,

    Hi all, First post so forgive me if posted in the wrong place! I have my interview in two weeks at Jackton. Does anyone have any information on what will be asked so I can prepare. Also what questions should I ask when being interviewed by the panel? I have arranged a meeting on Thursday with local officers so hopefully that helps to prepare. Thanks for your time guys any help much appreciated.

    • 1 reply
    • 661 views
  8. Greg_Hartley
    Started by Greg_Hartley,

    Hi all has anyone applied on or around the end of November through jackton waiting to hear back from paper sift?

  9. Tim
    Started by Tim +,
  10. Lead 95
    Started by Lead 95 * ,
  11. Reus
    Started by Reus * ,

    Hi all, currently going through the stages to become a police officer. I am now on to the initial interview, a little nervous! Joined the forums to get more involved and search for advice and knowledge. Thanks from Reus!

  12. ccdd04
    Started by ccdd04 * ,

    Hello everyone! I'm going to be sending my application to Police Scotland within the next few days. I applied just under three years ago to Strathclyde Police, I got to the second interview stages but unfortunately didn't pass. As it's been a while, I was wondering if anyone knew if I'd need to sit the SET tests again since it has been a while? I also believe that if you passed the initial interview, you'd go straight to final interview if applying again - is that correct? Or would I have to do both due to the gap in applications? I've noticed a few people saying they had to wait to find out if they passed the first fitness test but I got told on the same day, is th…

    • 2 replies
    • 542 views
  13. Guest Pete T
    Started by Guest Pete T,
  14. Scott
    Started by Scott +,
  15. PeeCeeEssOhh
    Started by PeeCeeEssOhh,

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.