Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,
    • 0 replies
    • 74 views
  2. Chrish229
    Started by Chrish229,

    Does anyone know what you can claim for refreshments ? I've been told it's something like £13 for a 10 hour shift ?! Seems quite a lot......

    • 1 reply
    • 155 views
  3. Newintake2015
    Started by Newintake2015 * ,

    Just saying hello. I'm Mo , just did my second say at hendon. Now with my RLC. really enjoying it now.

    • 3 replies
    • 133 views
  4. gmls20
    Started by gmls20 * ,

    Hi guys, I would like to join as a special constable one day, but I was wondering whether my personality is not good enough? I'm somewhat of an introvert- I don't really like socialising with other people, but I have no problem speaking to strangers if necessary (perhaps it could be called being 'slightly shy'?). I'm OK to do something like a presentation infront of large groups of people. It takes me a while to trust people, but the people I trust, I end up becoming very close to (thats the whole introvert thing for ya ) I don't consider myself "aggressive", in-fact, I don't get mad at all- the last time I've actually gotten angry was about a year and a half ago...…

    • 4 replies
    • 242 views
  5. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,
    • 0 replies
    • 69 views
  6. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,
    • 0 replies
    • 85 views
  7. 211994
    Started by 211994,

    Good day! I am a serving SC on the Isle of Man, start as a regular in Mid March. I've joined to share stories, opinions and banter. Best Regards! SH

    • 1 reply
    • 121 views
  8. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,
    • 0 replies
    • 85 views
  9. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,
    • 0 replies
    • 108 views
  10. arenas garcia
    Started by arenas garcia,

    Hi everyone just got my dates for combined assessment day

    • 1 reply
    • 110 views
  11. HertsSpcwb1
    Started by HertsSpcwb1 +,

    Hi All Been an avid reader for a while and decided to join as looking to join herts specials soon Looking forward to taking part here Adam

    • 5 replies
    • 142 views
  12. Marm
    Started by Marm,

    Hello whoever reads this! My name is Callum from Kingston and I'm very interested in becoming a police special constable. I'm 18 currently and I'm in my last year of school studying Physics, Computing and Business Studies. I like to program / code websites and sail around school times. I'm here because I have a few questions before I apply. Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 119 views
  13. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,
    • 0 replies
    • 457 views
  14. whitegibbs1987
    Started by whitegibbs1987 * ,

    I've recently passed all stages of PC recruitment however, since reading various forums I'm a little worried about my eyesight. I was born with a lazy right eye which means I have finger count vision in my right eye, wearing glasses doesn't really improve it enough to read an opticians chart. However, this has been the case since birth and I've even paid privately to see an eye specialist, it cannot be corrected. My left eye is fine, it meets all the standards outlined on all sites. So binocularly Im okay. I've looked at the Equality Act and I'm unsure whether a) I will pass the standard and b) if I don't will the Equality Act look after me in this respect.

    • 2 replies
    • 174 views
  15. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,
    • 1 reply
    • 93 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.