Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Egarbever
    Started by Egarbever,

    I hope someone can help. I have just had word back that I have been unsuccessful in my application due to third party vetting checks. I'm guessing this is down to my two brothers who to my knowledge have Crimbo records but I do not have any contact with them, only seeing them around 2 or 3 times a year of that. I have sent an email appealing the decision. I just wondered if anyone had any advice on this topic? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 161 views
  2. RobinHood1546082829
    Started by RobinHood1546082829 * ,

    Hello, I am a young person looking to apply to the Special Constables, and hopefully the regulars. I enjoy archery, martial arts and parkour.

    • 4 replies
    • 151 views
  3. Greg 84
    Started by Greg 84 * ,

    Hi. Have joined as ex special constable in Dorset Police and have retained a keen interest in police issues.

    • 3 replies
    • 124 views
  4. .D.
    Started by .D.,

    Hi. I've joined this forum as I'm currently in the process of becoming a Special Constable. (Fingers crossed). I believe that this forum will help answer all the questions that I have and in return, I wish to help others as best as I possibly can. I've been using this forum for the past month now and I think its time to actually be a part of it by becoming a member.

    • 3 replies
    • 142 views
  5. Egarbever
    Started by Egarbever,

    Hey, I'm new to the forums, have only posted one other thread. I'm a little concerned about becoming a special and the regulars not "liking" us. I have spoken to regulars and specials and have had mixed replies about this. As a special I have ever intention of doin at least 1 if not two 8 hour shifts per week as I'm fortunate that work allows me to dictate my hours. Just wondered if anyone has any experience on this topic? Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 238 views
    Mushroom1546082793
  6. Egarbever
    Started by Egarbever,

    Hi there, Just joined the forum of the hope to find anyone else that will be joining as a special in March this year, also like to know if anyone has any idea when they may give us the actual start date for March. I called in January having passed everything Barr vetting ( to my knowledge) anyone else in same position as me and starting in March? Or even anyone that started in October and can give me a little in site as to what to expect. Nervousness is an understatement! Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 199 views
  7. Canon Hussey
    Started by Canon Hussey * ,
  8. constabletg6
    Started by constabletg6,

    hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and I'm about to start with the police. I'm very excited and want to find out as much as possible about policing in the UK. I'm pretty sure this forum will be a great tool to share info between us and I'm looking forward to start. stay safe.

    • 2 replies
    • 125 views
  9. Guest Removed User 16-12-21
    Started by Guest Removed User 16-12-21,

    Hi everyone, my name's, Mr M Potter. I'm interested in Policing. Can a mod please remove my firstname and replace the title of this post with "I'm Mr M Potter"

    • 5 replies
    • 221 views
  10. Karol
    Started by Karol * ,

    Hi guys My name is Karol, I joined the forum because I am looking forward to join Specials and in future become Police Officer. I am looking to be constantly challenged at work and also to meet new people. I hope I will get some useful information and tips how to join Specials so then I can share my experience and knowledge with others on the forum.

    • 2 replies
    • 139 views
  11. Paul1875
    Started by Paul1875 * ,

    Hi Guys As I said I'm new to this and have decided to sign up as I'm now in the last stages of joining the BTP as a Special constable in Scotland. Attended the assessment centre last weekend and was positive I'd flunked the interview but received an email on weds telling me otherwise. Happy days ! Nervous wait for vetting now !

    • 5 replies
    • 195 views
  12. doorknock
    Started by doorknock * ,

    i require some help by someone who may have previously done a police application form or simply more computer savvy then me and my girlfriend. ill post the question here and then in the reverent forum when i can (i said i would sort out the problem tonight for her but i cant) essentially its a word document with normal questions with 5 lines for each question and you write within the cells for each question it works fine up until question 1 part 3, where the very first letter is on the line and then all following letters are in blue text and off the line. i cannot for the life of me put the text on the line without making the document go all funny and they said strictly…

    • 3 replies
    • 219 views
  13. Professor Chaos
    Started by Professor Chaos * ,

    Hi Everyone! I am a Special Constable for MPS currently on training at Hendon Police College and I am due to complete my training in end April. I have joined this forum because I'd love to contribute here and help (or seek help). At the end of my training I will be posted in Westminster Borough Have a good day everyone!

    • 5 replies
    • 162 views
  14. smithy2015
    Started by smithy2015,

    Hi. I've joined the forum as I'm interested in joining D&C as a special.....

    • 3 replies
    • 124 views
  15. matt83
    Started by matt83,

    Hi everyone, just thought i would introduce myself, and see if there is anyone who has recently passed the interview to become a special constable?

    • 2 replies
    • 173 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.