Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. H82171546621325
    Started by H82171546621325,

    ...H8217. Currently serving in the forces (Army, the proper one). Always wanted a career in the police force and when I leave the forces it's what I intend to do. Have 6 years in the security industry before joining the Army so i've always worn some sort of uniform, sadly, the girls arn't running towards me just yet. Just going to be lurking and gaining some new knowledge.

    • 6 replies
    • 291 views
  2. zacpack
    Started by zacpack * ,

    I'm a recent applicant to be a special, currently going through the vetting/medical process. Signed up to seek any advice or offer any I can.

    • 1 reply
    • 87 views
  3. Phalanx
    Started by Phalanx * ,

    Hello, I am from Preston up in Lancashire, I am an ex-Police Cadet and I am interested in becoming a special when i turn 18! I am very interesting in technological stuffs etc ;P Thanks,

    • 6 replies
    • 148 views
  4. Pradesy
    Started by Pradesy,

    Hello! My names James and i'm a Special Constable with Wiltshire Police.

    • 3 replies
    • 132 views
  5. newton
    Started by newton,

    Hi all I have passed my telephone interview & have my assessment Friday , any tips ? Especially with the observation part Cheers

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 114 views
  6. adam47
    Started by adam47,

    Hey I am adam! In the middle of applying to West Mids!

    • 1 reply
    • 94 views
  7. TomA1546082835
    Started by TomA1546082835 * ,

    Public Services student, looking around for any opinions/information/resources that I can use in my work. Also going onto to study Paramedic Science.

    • 2 replies
    • 79 views
  8. Londongirl51
    Started by Londongirl51 * ,

    Hello, My name is Fran and I'm from London. I'm hoping to become a police officer sometime this year!

    • 1 reply
    • 71 views
  9. Roadrunner1546621323
    Started by Roadrunner1546621323,

    Hi, Just wanted to finally become part of the forum properly since I've been lurking for a while. I'm just in the process of putting together my application form and researching as much as I possibly can...it's like another full time job! Got another candidate information day in Edinburgh tomorrow evening to ask all the questions I didn't the first time and hopefully find out some more information about the job, the Police, and the application and interview process. Here goes nothing....! Good luck to everyone going through the process at the moment. Roadrunner :)

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 383 views
  10. Haysbolton
    Started by Haysbolton * ,

    Hello everyone! First of all thank you to everyone,this forum has really helped me in applying to the Police force! I have heard today that I have passed the application and am going to be invited to the Assessment centre!! ? amazing!! Only thing is I then received another email saying my vetting was still being done and although I have passed the application I may not get to the centre! Has anyone else had this?! I was cautioned at the age of 15 for shoplifting and am now 29. I'm really hoping this won't affect me getting to centre!! Any advice would be great, thank you!

    • 0 replies
    • 208 views
  11. SpecOp
    Started by SpecOp * ,

    Hello, long time reader and now going through recruitment and need a bit of advice.

    • 1 reply
    • 102 views
  12. Toshy
    Started by Toshy * ,

    Does anyone know the procedure for Specials claiming court expenses in Scotland?

    • 1 reply
    • 96 views
  13. Ian Durrant
    Started by Ian Durrant * ,

    I am a Senior Lecturer at Canterbury Christ Church University and conducting doctoral research into workplace aggression and bullying in the public sector. I would like to hear from members of the Police Service who have experienced workplace bullying. This could be as a victim of aggression/bullying, witnessed aggression/bullying or may even have engaged in behaviours which others might construe as aggression or bullying. I am seeking to hear from those at all levels of an organisation, employees, supervisors and managers. I would like to hear from both those who have experienced bulling or have been accused of bullying. In this initial stage of the research, I am see…

    • 0 replies
    • 294 views
    Ian Durrant *
  14. Guest Nick Nolan
    Started by Guest Nick Nolan,

    Hi everyone, Nearly there through recruitment sort currently at the vetting stage, good luck to anyone going through recruitment fingers crossed I'm hoping for a start date sometime this year Nick

    • 2 replies
    • 243 views
  15. ManyQuestions
    Started by ManyQuestions,

    Hi there, Joining the forum as I'm looking into joining the specials, and as my name suggests, I have lots of questions!

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 92 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.