Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Alex_101
    Started by Alex_101,
  2. giannini3
    Started by giannini3 * ,

    I've got my public order training level 3 tomorrow and I'm hearing all different things about what needs to be worn and what happens?! Anyone know? Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 126 views
    Zerotolerance
  3. Pigman.
    Started by Pigman.,

    Hi Retired in 2013 and have been a user of another online forum which has just got way to repetitive and moderators who think they are in my opinion ................................. Fill in the blanks above Have had this username ever since i overheard a young man i knew say that i was going to be a Pigman just prior to joining the police .... I am at times a bit blunt as i type away and submit my post , a problem i had in the Police which was difficult to get out of , the emotion in the written word is sometimes mistaken and several times i fell foul of people reading my text wrongly ... My posts are never meant to offend anyone ... I should be visiting here every…

  4. Lisauk
    Started by Lisauk * ,

    Hey, I've been looking at this forum for a while and finally joined :o) I've just applied for a Call Handler position in Avon & Somerset and partially successful. I passed the assessments and interview so just waiting now to be appointed (hopefully that's good news lol), I'm hoping it won't be too long but then I suppose it depends on how many others there were in passing everything. Lisa

  5. SpikeR
    Started by SpikeR,

    Just dropping in to say hello to everyone. I found this site via google search as i have just sent off an application to join as either a special or a full time PC. As for me, well i am a 32 y/o ex infantry soldier who has been looking to get into doing something with purpose and meaning once again. Decided to register here to try and make use of the plethora of knowledge available here and to try and find answers to any questions i may have Thanks for reading

    • 1 reply
    • 77 views
  6. andyrew63
    Started by andyrew63,

    I have joined this forum because i have an interview for a special constable with dyfed powys.

    • 1 reply
    • 74 views
  7. TerryR
    Started by TerryR * ,

    Hi everyone I have joined this forum because. I wish to become a Parish Special Constable. I have passed my assessment day and thought I'd come join you guys n gals here for some like minded chats. The force I have joined is Northampton Police Force. On Friday I had my uniform fitting completed so I'm so looking forward to getting into doing this and starting my training. I look forward to chatting with you all and getting to know you. Kind Regards TerryR

    • 3 replies
    • 69 views
  8. Brasso
    Started by Brasso +,

    Hello, I'm Sam and currently going through Specials application process with Derbyshire Police. I have my Assessment Centre next week and thought I'd sign up to get some tips. Thanks for reading!

    • 1 reply
    • 78 views
  9. TGLoki
    Started by TGLoki * ,

    Hi my names Dan. I am currently in the RMP but considering a direction change to the CNC. Mainly because I want to settle in one area with my family. Anyway I am looking forward to becoming a member and discussing the CNC with other people.

    • 1 reply
    • 84 views
  10. Apprentice83
    Started by Apprentice83 * ,

    Hi, joined this site to ask advice and info from Police Officers. Currently I am about to sit an entrance test for the BTP early in June. So I will have many questions for both BTP officers and HO Officers if you have time to answer. Thanks!

    • 2 replies
    • 119 views
    operationfirestorm
  11. Grandthrax
    Started by Grandthrax * ,

    Hello! My name is Sam and I'm a recently promoted special sergeant in Tower Hamlets in the Met. Been a special a little over two years now and plan to remain for many years to come. Looking forward to getting stuck into the forum Thanks Sam

    • 1 reply
    • 63 views
  12. LuckyReds
    Started by LuckyReds,

    I'm a long time lurker - I think I registered here in July 2013! However, a little over a week ago I finally put my application in to be a Special with the Met. It's a bit of a crazy time as I'm currently changing jobs and sorting various bits of personal admin out.. and shockingly, I already have the date for my Day 1/Day 2 combined assessment. It will have been under a calendar month (by one single day) from sending the application to attending my assessment at the Empress building. So everything appears to be happening at once, and I'm not sure whether to be scared or excited! I have a few doubts about one or two things in my medical history which may have been a bit…

    • 2 replies
    • 80 views
  13. Black Mountain
    Started by Black Mountain,

    Hi everybody. My name's Mel, have applied as a Special Constable in Dyfed Powys Police. I have got through to the interview stage, phew, but big yikes as very nervous. Thanks for reading.

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 116 views
    Black Mountain
  14. Ovey
    Started by Ovey,

    Hi all! I'm a 42 year old currently working in a fairly well paid job following 22 years in the Royal Navy. I'm married with 2 young boys and settled in the Portsmouth area My jobs ok but it doesn't give me everything I want from a job whereas a career in the police probably would. I'm seriously considering a shakeup of my finances in order to allow me to join ....... Wait for it .......... The MoD Police, with a view to joining the Marine Unit. It'd be good to hear any pros/cons or from anyone who's done similar? Thanks.

    kennyross1078
  15. staceyrae36
    Started by staceyrae36 * ,

    Hi, I've just joined this forum because im looking to join the specials and im looking for advice and tips on starting and other peoples experiences with joining, I have the application form just needing to fill it out. Stacey

    • 2 replies
    • 84 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.