Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,
    • 0 replies
    • 64 views
  2. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,
    • 0 replies
    • 54 views
  3. Chief Rat
    • 1 reply
    • 101 views
    CallumRushton13
  4. H8217
    Started by H8217 * ,

    Currently serving in the forces (Army, the proper one). Always wanted a career in the police force and when I leave the forces it's what I intend to do. Have 6 years in the security industry before joining the Army so i've always worn some sort of uniform, sadly, the girls arn't running towards me just yet. Just going to be lurking and gaining some new knowledge.

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 112 views
  5. ccdd04
    Started by ccdd04 * ,

    Hi everyone. I'm due to re-apply for Police Scotland at the beginning of September. However, I was reading up on issues that people fail the medical on and I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I don't have any medical conditions, however, I do have a mild murmur (so mild, I was told about it by accident seven years after it was found). It's considered 'normal'. My problem is, I've had ectopic beats (skipped heart beats) for years, but it's not due to any medical issues or anything. I just get flutters now and then that don't stop me from doing anything and doesn't affect work. They are normal for me and not due to anything underlying. I have medication that I can take …

  6. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,
    • 0 replies
    • 71 views
  7. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,
    • 0 replies
    • 58 views
  8. LoisRichards
    Started by LoisRichards * ,

    Hi, I've jut become a member of policespecials.com!

    • 1 reply
    • 70 views
  9. Chief Rat
    • 0 replies
    • 67 views
  10. DennisNeilson1Rifles
    Started by DennisNeilson1Rifles * ,

    Hey, I just recently sent my application away for the CNC . Looks like the only site left is Dounreay. But I'm looking for a better life and new job, So I'll take anything at the minute. I am still serving in the army but once I get a confirmed interview I will "sign off" as it were. I've been told I could start training as close as October. So hopefully things will move fast and the army plays their part.

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 92 views
  11. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,
    • 0 replies
    • 167 views
  12. Chief Rat
  13. BadLuck
    Started by BadLuck * ,

    Hi guys. I'm not a copper but just singing up here because I always end up with the odd question that's best answered by actual coppers rather than randoms on the internet. I'm assuming there's also a lot of ex military here, so maybe I'll run into a few people to give me advice on that (aspiring to join RAF).

    • 2 replies
    • 89 views
  14. Chief Rat
    • 2 replies
    • 110 views
    Chief Cheetah
  15. Leftfield Research
    Started by Leftfield Research * ,

    Hi, My name is Philip and I work for a market research agency called Leftfield. We are looking to speak to retired (within the last four years) senior police officers (ie. inspector, chief inspector, superintendent, chief superintendent or above) as part of a research project that we are coordinating. This would involve taking part in a 25 minute paid telephone interview. If you are interested in participating please call me on 020 7407 2546 or send an email to Philip@leftfifeld.co.uk. Please share if you know people who might fit the criteria. Kind regards Philip Tester

    • 0 replies
    • 142 views
    Leftfield Research *

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.