Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. AdrianB
    Started by AdrianB * ,

    Hey all, Doesn't need saying but I'm here to introduce myself and learn more about becoming a police special. My name is Adrian and I am 18 years of age. I'm interested in becoming a special constable with Bedfordshire police, I hope to use this site to gain an insight on what the job entails and to gather some resources to help me with the training and or application process. Many thanks Adrian

    • 1 reply
    • 61 views
  2. AmberJane
    Started by AmberJane * ,

    Hello Everyone. I've joined the forum as I'm interested in becoming a SC. I submitted my application in May which is currently under review.

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 58 views
  3. Chief Rat
    • 0 replies
    • 172 views
  4. Chief Rat
    • 0 replies
    • 169 views
  5. SnorkyBlundabus
    Started by SnorkyBlundabus * ,

    in comparison, i believe the police do as good a job now than ever before..they're approachable, well mannered and very helpfull, all this with the budget cuts are a long chalk better than years ago.. Or am i just mellowing with old age?

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 92 views
  6. Cyclemad
    Started by Cyclemad * ,

    Apparently I have to introduce myself before gaining access to the forum. I have been in the Police Service for 29 years and am coming up to retirement in September. I currently work as a Forensic Collision Investigator and have done that job for the last 23 years initially combining it with a Traffic job, but moving to that exclusive line of work 13 years ago. I am looking forward to retirement but do have some apprehension about entering the jobs market after so long in the Police. I would like to gain access to this forum to discuss the experiences of other retired officers.

    • 1 reply
    • 52 views
  7. Chief Rat
    • 0 replies
    • 156 views
  8. B4life
    Started by B4life * ,

    Hi I am joining to gain more information. Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 185 views
  9. peacefulwarrior
    Started by peacefulwarrior,

    hi my names david i passed my day 2 in march. I am really looking forward to start training.

    • 2 replies
    • 215 views
  10. dave87
    Started by dave87 * ,

    Good evening, My name is David and I start with Police Scotland on the 20th of July. If you could allow me access to forums that would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to starting the job and reading other peoples thoughts and experiences. Kind Regards David

    • 2 replies
    • 218 views
  11. Davef7
    Started by Davef7 * ,

    Hi there, I'm Dave, a new recruit to police Scotland joining up shortly. Looking forward to the role and finding out more about the probationer training through the forum.

  12. apj80
    Started by apj80 * ,

    Good afternoon, quick introduction, new SC with Northamptonshire Police, working full time for myself as a Chartered Surveyor, which I've done for the last 16 years. Have been a staff volunteer with the force for circa 2 years leading our local cadet programme as an instructor but have now taken the next stage to get more involved by becoming a special.

    • 2 replies
    • 78 views
  13. Chief Rat
    • 0 replies
    • 165 views
  14. Chief Rat
    • 0 replies
    • 126 views
  15. Chief Rat
    • 0 replies
    • 306 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.