Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Hawk999
    Started by Hawk999,

    Hello, im a 27 male and applying to be a police officer. A few posts from google have shown to be of some interest and help to me.

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 246 views
  2. mrb1546621339
    Started by mrb1546621339 * ,

    My name is Jamie, I am 37 years old and would like advice on a simple caution as well as asking if, once a person says I want him/her arrested, if that person can change their mind and the arrests person be released without charge (or in my case a simple caution) Thank you Jamie

  3. Chief Rat
    • 0 replies
    • 162 views
  4. dragonfly88
    Started by dragonfly88 * ,

    Hi all, I am hoping to get some advice from people on my chances of joining the MET, the main obstacle being a lack of references.

  5. Reetoduck
    Started by Reetoduck * ,

    Hi, I am Tim, a serving special constalbe, law graduate and masters student. The main reason I have joined is to see if I can post a survey here for collection of responses for my master's dissertation. Thanks.

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 31 views
  6. AlessandraFox
    Started by AlessandraFox * ,

    Need help from custody officer and any forensics people. Note: This is pure fiction. 1. Custody officer help The main character has been framed for the attempted murder of his PA. I want him to have as little communication as possible with the outside world at the police station. The way I understand it is that he is allowed a phone call unless a Chief Superintendent believes that a call may enable him to manipulate evidence? If his own solicitor was unavailable would he automatically be assigned a duty solicitor, or would that be his choice? Would he be allowed visitors, whether he was able to make a phone call or not? Also, I want him to …

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 63 views
  7. AlessandraFox
    Started by AlessandraFox * ,

    Hello everyone, I'm a fiction writer currently working on my second book. And I joined this forum because I need some advice regarding police matters, specifically on forensics and the rules that have to be adhered to by custody officers (husband no 2 has been arrested after being framed by husband no 1). I've spent some time researching on the internet but I'm still unclear, Hopefully, I will be access to the forum and be able to ask these questions.

    • 3 replies
    • 60 views
  8. wildman445
    Started by wildman445 * ,

    I have a genuine question. Correct me if I'm wrong, PCSO's are not police officers. In my county, Durham, most PCSO's have simply the word POLICE on the backs of their protective vests, coats etc. Giving the general public the impression that they are a police officer who in turn expect folk with the appearance of a police officer to be able to deal with all the things a police officer would. I know that they have limited powers. Other counties The PCSO's have wording to exactly who the are on such clothing. Is it wrong for PCSO's to have simply the word POLICE emblazoned across their uniforms when they are not a police officer and could this be deemed to be an offence. …

  9. Dannn
    Started by Dannn * ,

    Got my final interview tomorrow at Merseyside Police HQ. Any one else had theirs this week? If so how was it?

    • 1 reply
    • 100 views
  10. JWall
    Started by JWall,

    Admin, Please change me to a new member, Thanks, JWall

    • 1 reply
    • 72 views
  11. Chief Rat
    • 0 replies
    • 188 views
  12. LJ237
    Started by LJ237,

    Pending member wanting new member status

    • 2 replies
    • 204 views
  13. Tdf2014
    Started by Tdf2014,

    Hi I am tasha

    • 2 replies
    • 207 views
  14. Chief Rat
  15. jonny2308
    Started by jonny2308 * ,

    hi guys not sure what to put for competency questions. just wondering if anyone could help and give me some advice. and any other advice on the application it would be very helpful thank you

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 112 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.