Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Hi, I'm just about to submit my application for the role of MOD PC, would like access to the forum to ask questions regarding the process, timescales etc,. as well as general chat. Thanks, Karl.

    • 3 replies
    • 166 views
  2. bdt1977
    Started by bdt1977,

    Just a quick mail to introduce myself... My name is Benjamin. I am 37 years old and, having waited what has seemed an interminable amount of time, I hope to embark upon an exciting new chapter in my life when I begin my PC training with the MET at the end of September. I'm really glad to have stumbled upon this forum and hope to learn much from the discussions and my fellow members. Thanks very much.

    • 3 replies
    • 241 views
  3. CHRISPO
    Started by CHRISPO * ,

    Hi - a hopeful PC here with lots of questions to as. Hoping to gain access to all forums. Thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 186 views
  4. ronaldw
    Started by ronaldw,

    To all, passed SEARCH and interview currently going through vetting with Northern based Police force, hoping to get a job offer soon...although not holding my breath. Have come to this forum to further my inner torture with others in a similar position online... Cheers Ronald (not my real name...)

    • 3 replies
    • 201 views
  5. cccollins69
    Started by cccollins69,

    Hi I'm a current recruitment hopeful with the Met, looking to learn more and add to any relevant discussions :)

    • 3 replies
    • 201 views
  6. Actionmainly
    Started by Actionmainly,

    Hello, New member currently going through Police Scotkand recruitment. Hoping to start in September.

    • 3 replies
    • 116 views
  7. VSJninja
    Started by VSJninja * ,

    Hi, I'm 28 and have applied for the PSCO positions in Surrey to start in January. I have my interview TOMORROW 05/08/2015.

    • 4 replies
    • 181 views
  8. handyandy180
    Started by handyandy180 * ,

    Hi all, trying to follow the forum policies I would like to introduce myself My name is Chris and although I am not a police officer I am looking for information about a book I am trying to write about my partner who was a WPC back in the late 70s. Andrea joined the West Yorkshire police as a cadet in 1977 and attended Bishopgarth. Andrea was housed outside the training area with another WPC. I am looking for information about Bishopgarth (especially photographs) and the training she received while there. I am also looking for information about Buckden outbound course that she also attended. I am unsure where this should be posted but any help in this matter would be g…

    • 4 replies
    • 192 views
  9. gemma12341546621342
    Started by gemma12341546621342 * ,

    Hey, i have just been informed that, after completeing and passing all of the necessary stages, i have been rejected by essex police for medical reasons, but they havent yet stated what the medical issue is. On the email they sent me regarding appealing, they asked me to attach supporting evidence for the appeal, butt not knowing what the medical issue is, this is obviously very difficult. Im just posting this to see if anyone else has gone through the same thing? and what the appeal procedure is? Thanks in advance

    • 5 replies
    • 433 views
  10. Bmc0710
    Started by Bmc0710 * ,

    Waiting to be moved into new members area. Not sure what to post here.

    • 3 replies
    • 135 views
  11. Jimboe_89
    Started by Jimboe_89,

    Hello, wannabe Police officer looking to join!

    • 3 replies
    • 207 views
  12. TR252
    Started by TR252 * ,

    Hi everyone, I've always been interested in joining the police and I'm really looking forward to finding out more about the force as a career and answers to questions I have! Look forward to getting to know you better!

    • 2 replies
    • 51 views
  13. Ben7392
    Started by Ben7392 * ,

    I have recently e mailed over my special constable eligibility forms around two weeks ago. I was just wondering if you would hear back if you where successful or not, or if you just didn't hear back if you are un successful? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 89 views
  14. ElsbethD
    Started by ElsbethD * ,

    Hello all My name is Elsbeth and I am a 37 year old mother of 3 from Swindon, Wiltshire. I am not a member of the Police but am in need of talking to some for research and assistance. Please allow me to explain: I am an author who is in the early stages of writing a novel that includes a crime. The crime is a shooting in self defence. I am not going to go into any real detail here as I am only saying hello, I just wanted to make my intentions clear from the off. Aside from the above reason, I genuinely hope to make some friends and contacts that may carry forward in the future. Looking forward to talking to you all more. Elsbeth

    • 2 replies
    • 40 views
  15. Lugsy1329
    Started by Lugsy1329 * ,

    I am a retired police officer left 30/10/2005 interested in police lost pensions as I only received £64,000 when I left at 55 ????

    • 2 replies
    • 38 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.