Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. WelshConan
    Started by WelshConan * ,

    Hi I've joined the forum as I could be interested in becoming a PCSO with the ultimate goal of applying to be a PC at some point. SWP have just launched a new PCSO recruitment process so I weighing up my options. Anyone know what the likely take home pay is of a new PCSO? Thank you

    • 4 replies
    • 86 views
  2. andy2k7105
    Started by andy2k7105,

    Hi, I'm Andy, currently going through the process to become a SC with Merseyside. Thanks

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 107 views
  3. roba802
    Started by roba802 * ,

    Hi all, Just a quick intro: My name is Rob and I'm currently running through the application process for Special Constable for West Mercia. Completed the two online assessments and submitted the online application and waiting for detail this week for tel interview. As for my history, I'm an Ex Army Helicopter Pilot and looking now at a way of giving back to the community using my past experiences. Fingers crossed. Rob

    • 3 replies
    • 89 views
  4. Cooper3015
    Started by Cooper3015 * ,

    Hello my names Gary I am new to this site and was wondering if Anyone has any idea when west Mercia police will recruit again

    • 2 replies
    • 73 views
  5. Reece
    Started by Reece +,

    Hi, I've recently signed up as I am in the recruitment process for the specials

    • 3 replies
    • 112 views
  6. cjmg29
    Started by cjmg29,

    Hi, I'm chris, currently going through the application process as a special constable for West mercia.

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 101 views
  7. annellis
    Started by annellis * ,

    Hi - I am a lecturer in English language and forensic linguistics at Edge Hill University. I have also been delivering training courses in police writing skills and investigative linguistics to policing for a number of years. I have recently published a writing handbook for police professionals.

    • 4 replies
    • 101 views
  8. Dogsandspaghetti
    Started by Dogsandspaghetti * ,

    Morning all. I'm an aspiring MSC, with my initial assessment looming ominously on the horizon this week. I can't say I'm not looking forward to it - though I am ever so slightly nervous. I've been looking at this forum on and off for a few weeks while preparing myself for the assessment - I figured - Why don't I just join? As for a little personal context - I'm a dog lover and a spaghetti lover (who'd of known?); that's all you need to know! Glad to meet ya!

    • 4 replies
    • 93 views
  9. TM2015
    Started by TM2015 * ,

    Morning all, Here's my quick introduction. I'm a EMT/ student Paramedic, and of course blue light user Ambo driver etc. Currently working with a NHS trust and a current reservist CMT. Cheers

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 118 views
  10. DAVE MARTIN
    Started by DAVE MARTIN,

    Hello, I collect military medals, mostly to the Guards. Quite a few of the men whose medals I have also have police service as well, so occasionally I may need to ask a question about police service (identify the police force in a photo - things like that).

    • 3 replies
    • 66 views
  11. Tomo2543
    Started by Tomo2543,

    Good Afternoon All, I have been lurking for a long time now and have followed lots of different topics, posts etc. I thought it was about time I gave back to the forum and contributors as I found this forum a great fountain of information whilst applying to be a special as well as going through training. Anyway a little more about myself, hitting the wrong end of my twenties, spent 9 years in the Army and left a two years ago to find the grass is not greener on the other side but still the right decision as I have toddlers I want to around whilst they are growing up. Keen motorcyclist and I like to think of myself as a "all weather biker" although I may have to put i…

    • 3 replies
    • 100 views
  12. Andrew7541546082849
    Started by Andrew7541546082849,

    Hello everyone, I'm Andrew. I'm just joining Essex police specials now, and looking to speak with everyone. I'm always happy to talk so feel free to message or reply to me in forums

    • 4 replies
    • 73 views
  13. kells1546621354
    Started by kells1546621354 +,

    Quick question , prompted by reading the below article Have the police no powers to search and seize if they suspect somebody of harassment that has no fear of violence in it , ie if they suspected of an offence under section 2 of the PHA 1997. That would seem to be the case from reading below, from what I can gather a search warrant is needed if the allegation was stalking but if the allegation is section 4 offences then the police can seize anything they think could be useful http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3294986/Former-police-officer-accused-harassment-letters-councillor.html

    Reasonable Man +
  14. SO191
    Started by SO191,

    Well I never actually went away just got sidetracked. But now I'm back to being a regular on the new updated forum. Welcome to all the new members.

    • 4 replies
    • 83 views
  15. Ande
    Started by Ande * ,

    Just joined to find out what people are talking about.

    • 1 reply
    • 83 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.