Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Member Introductions

Firstly welcome to our fantastic forum, please create a topic in here to introduce yourself and receive a very warm welcome from everyone.

  1. Cber88
    Started by Cber88 * ,

    Hi, Just wanted to introduce myself, im applying for pcso in herts, going through the fitness test at the moment. Looking to get tips and help Thanks x

    • 1 reply
    • 36 views
  2. charlottegoode93
    Started by charlottegoode93,

    hello, im charlotte im 22 years old and currently in the process of becoming a SC in the west mercia force looking forward to speaking to you all

    • 3 replies
    • 89 views
  3. tp19879
    Started by tp19879 * ,

    Hi, I'm Paul, from Durham and have joined the forum as I'm currently going through Specials recruitment process. Regards.

    • 3 replies
    • 68 views
  4. johnshaw
    Started by johnshaw * ,

    Hi I'm new

    • 1 reply
    • 85 views
  5. Brad2201
    Started by Brad2201,

    Hello I'm Chris from Norfolk

  6. Musicfan76
    Started by Musicfan76 * ,

    Hello, browsing forum for couple of months now, found it handy for help and information and chat, but was unable to comment and join in, so I reg'd. Currently Con in PSNI,

  7. Laurenwhitehouse
    Started by Laurenwhitehouse,

    Hi Everyone, My name is Lauren and I have just joined this Policespecials.com, I have found this website really useful in answering some of my questions. I recently sent off my application to become a special constable so just waiting to hear back! Have a great day!

    • 5 replies
    • 168 views
  8. MaggotPig
    Started by MaggotPig,

    Hello, First post/introduction time! I've joined the forum as I'm thinking of applying to join the specials in the future. It's kind of the dream that never was - I followed a route through life that was the one that was expected of me, rather than the one that I wanted. My secret dream has always been to join the police force. Instead, I went off to uni, spent 5 years there before dropping out. I had a bad relationship and I also got lazy and fat. I now have a supportive fiancé, a stable job with room for progression and I'm on a quest for self improvement with the end goal of sending off that application form. So, why am I here? Just to get more info really

    • 1 reply
    • 79 views
  9. wilsondj1545926301
    Started by wilsondj1545926301 * ,

    Good evening, I am currently looking into the possibility of perusing a career with the Police as a Special or Regular. At the moment, I work in secondary education. I've created an account to, hopefully, read more and learn more about the job itself. Also other people's thoughts on opinions and changes with the role and different forces around the UK. Thank you very much from the rather wet Lancashire area,

    • 2 replies
    • 41 views
    wilsondj1545926301 *
  10. Dreid29
    Started by Dreid29 * ,

    Hi Guys, Thought it would be worth joining as there seems to be a lot of good tips on the process. I will be looking to apply in march next year having taken some time to move into first house etc and get settled. Will be following the page to keep on top of any updates etc.

  11. Frank Drebin !
    Started by Frank Drebin !,

    You may recognise the username from the old forum. In fact I'm pretty sure I created an account on here at one time, when you first started the new forum, I just can't remember the login details so I've created another,.......

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 216 views
  12. Hamza001
    Started by Hamza001 * ,

    Hi everyone I've decided to join this forum as I am interested in becoming a regular police officer in the future and think I will find this website very useful during my time as a Special.

    • 3 replies
    • 88 views
  13. roux
    Started by roux,

    Just introducing myself to the forum. Just in the early stages of the specials recruitment so on here looking for tips and info.

    • 2 replies
    • 81 views
  14. SpecialBacon
    Started by SpecialBacon,

    Hello there! I'm about to commence training as a PC with the Met! Just looking for information about the Section Houses mainly, what to bring & what's it like!

  15. DavidFK
    Started by DavidFK * ,

    Hi, Apologies, probably not the right place to post this but for some reason this is the only forum the site will allow me access to! I just wonder how many officers experience what I am experiencing and how they manage it? I've got a little over 10 years service and on the whole I enjoy the job. But of late I find myself asking 'is it worth it'? Most of the sacrifices we make are but the job has largely destroyed my social/ private life. Pre job friends disappeared shortly after I joined. In job friends from the response days have moved on and current colleagues all have young families so don't socialise. I blame the job for being unable to find/keep a girlfriend…

    • 2 replies
    • 76 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.